“Evening all”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Description: Real ale and food pub
Description: Real ale and food pub
Reviewed September 10, 2012

It is a popular pub that sells a good range of real ales,wooden floors and bare brick walls,it is only 1 street back off the prom

There are newer reviews for The Pump and Truncheon

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Good ale in a great location and friendly staff.We always come to this pub whenever we visit Blackpool and we will always continue to.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

To be honest wine bars with loud music are not really my type of thing as I prefer traditional pubs. I was not to be dissapointed. As soon as I walked in I knew this was my type of place. Exposed brick, wooden floor, collection of whisky bottles. Just what pubs used to like and should be like.

Couldn't believe this place was here as you wouldn't know it as it was tucked just behind tussaud asd in front of the police station. I was drinking real ale of which both I tried were delicious and the other members of my party commented very favourably on the lager and the wine. When I came back on the second day we also ate and I had fish and chips. I don't know what the last reviewer was talking about as the fish was huge, very tasty and certainly didn't appear to be frozen to me. Prices were also extremely reasonable.

If you are wanting stag/ hen environment then this probably is not for you but for a couple visiting blackpool this is an excellennt pub and when I return I won't be looking much further than the pump and truncheon.

1  Thank tractorboy1977
Reviewed July 19, 2012

we visited for a late lunch one Sunday but the service was disappointing the food even more so. Being near the sea we expected the fish to be fresh but it was frozen from a packet, the lasagne was almost meatless and the burger very average. We know others who have had a better experience but would not personally recommend.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

not fancy but basic, excellent value for money pub grub,
pub itself is old fashioned flag floor no nonsense place,
a hidden gem in the backstreets of blackpool!!