“Very good meal”

San Marco's Restaurant
Ranked #86 of 735 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Very good meal”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Dinner on a tuesday. Live female singer with easy listening songs. Staff was friendly and service quite fast. Starters were good and the fillet vesuvius is excellent. Fair prices.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Very busy for a Wednesday night!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Ate here during a one night business visit in May. Was recommended but both I and my colleague probably wouldn't repeat this recommendation. Lots of customers and attentive staff... probably a little TOO attentive if you know what I mean. (We were asked 4 times by different people if we wanted to order a drink) Come on guys... communicate with each other!

Food duly arrived, and I have to be honest and say I've had worse, but I've also had a lot better, hence the "average" score.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad but it wasn't particularly great value and was hoping for a little more.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mark K
malvern
“Disappointing....”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went here Bank Holiday Monday. Table was booked for 7:45pm. When we arrived we were told the table was not ready, so we ordered a drink and waited.....and waited! After 10 mins I went to the bar to ask where our drinks were. I was told they were short staffed and drinks would be ready soon. After a while the drinks did arrive and we were shown to our table. The atmosphere is lovely and the staff were very friendly but .......
A) two of the starters we wanted, they'd run out of (it was only 8pm!)
B) we waited ages for our starter to be cleared and had to ask for them to clear it in the end
C) we were asked if we wanted any sauces with our main to which my daughter asked for mayonnaise. We waited and waited......eventually she went off to get some. The waiter should have come straight back. Why bother asking if you're not going to do it!!
D) the lady who did clear our plates said she didn't actually work there but had popped in for a drink and had been asked if she could help out due to lack of staff.

I was on edge right from the beginning and even though they were apologetic the meal cost a lot and the service was just not good enough. Food was good though.
Surely you should prepare better than this for a summer bank holiday, staff wise and food wise ?

3 Thank Malvern_12
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Ran out of Dessert!”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Began with smoked salmon starter, excellent, then inquired if the mushroom risotto in red wine sauce contained garlic, as it disagreed with me, and was told the sauce was already prepared, and did have garlic, so had a pizza instead.
The dessert menu came round, and I asked for 'Pear Belle Helene' which was described as 'poached pear, with a drizzle of sauce and served with vanilla ice cream.' The order which arrived some twenty minutes later was preach melba. This was sent back to the kitchen, and a waiter then informed me they had run out of vanilla ice cream, and asked if I would I have chocolate instead. I agreed to a chocolate ice cream substitution, only to be told that they had run out of pears!
I had a word with the on duty manager about it being unacceptable for a restaurant to run out of items of food on the proffered menu, and was offered a free drink just as I was putting on my coat prior to leaving.
The party I was with was a large one, consisting of twenty people, and we sat down to dine at seven thirty, and they only finished serving our meals by ten o'clock. Service is very slow, considering that the majority present only had two courses.
Sorry, San Marcos, I won't be back.

2 Thank Kath G
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Fantastic restaurant”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I spent my birthday in San Marcos with 15 friends and I can safely say it was one of my best nights out ever - the atmosphere was warm and friendly and the food was delicious - everyone one was served at the same time and all the orders were correct and served with a friendly smile - There was fabulous entertainment and everyone had a fantastic night.
Great place - love it !