“A Bit of A Mixed Bag” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of San Marco's Restaurant

San Marco's Restaurant
Ranked #98 of 704 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Business meetings, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Europe
“A Bit of A Mixed Bag”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were a party of eight people , a mixture of ages from teenagers to pensioners. The food was enjoyed by all of us and was reasonably priced. Alas, the service was it's let down . One of us didn't get the main course at the same time as the others and had a bit of a wait. Also it was a bit time consuming to get someones attention for another round of drinks.
The noise levels were uncomfortably high ,nearly as bad as a Disco. I, being one of the older ones, found conversaton hard due to the ambient noise. For this reason alone I wouldn't go again. Maybe it's a place better suited to the younger element.
However, with some improvement in service and some sound absorbing measures, this would be a nice place to have a meal.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Chester, United Kingdom
“wow wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

this was amazing we've been twice now on 2 seperate occasions and the had 4 different meals and all where spot on

Visited August 2012
1 Thank lynne m
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst calzone ever, in fact worst Italian restaurant ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Was part of a group celebrating a special occasion. Having never been to San Marco's before, I didn't know what to expect. As soon as I walked into the restaurant, I started to feel nervous due to the chaotic atmosphere that surrounded me. We were shown to our table quick enough but there were not enough menus on the table nor was any wine list available. The starters and garlic bread arrived however neither were anything special. The caramelised onions and bruschetta were overcooked and burnt and the presentation was lacking. As a lover of Italian food I was looking forward to sampling the calzone here. What a disappointment. It looked nothing of the kind, it looked like it was a pre made base that was just folded over. No sauce, burnt and tasteless. To add to the lack of quality of food everyone else in the small party were sat waiting a length of time with their meals before mine arrived. There was no apology, nobody offered Parmesan or checked on us. None of the food was finished due to the lack of quality and we left as soon as possible and will never return! I have never left a review before however I felt so strongly that I felt I needed to let others know about this terrible experience. This has to have been the WORST restaurant I have EVER been to. It is miles apart from a true Italian restaurant experience. Avoid!

1 Thank Chris A
Preston, United Kingdom
“Canteen in disguise!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Our first and last time at this restaurant, service OK from the waiters but the waitress was constantly leaning over people to take dishes, glasses and cutlery, VERY unprofessional!! If your into holiday camp dining you wont be disappointed in this place. VERY VERY noisy!! Also didn't like having to walk past lots of smokers and all their smoke just to get in the door, then when seated getting their smoke blowing in to the restaurant through the open doors!! If your happy eating without conversation this is certainly the place to go.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rubydubey
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Nice Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Didn't have to wait hours for your meal. Price for 2 starters, 2 mains, a sharing garlic bread/pizza & 2 strongbows & 2 house wines was cheaper than we thought it would be.

Visited August 2012