“Check your Bill!!”

San Marco's Restaurant
Ranked #86 of 735 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
blackpool, lancashire
“Check your Bill!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I have attended San Marco a couple of times and each time thoroughly enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. I was told recently by a friend however to check your bill at the end; I personally never do this. However, I visited San Marco on 13/6/12 for a birthday party - there was a party of 5 of us. At the end, when they brought out bill, we went through it with a fine tooth comb. Indeed, they had tried to charge for our "complimentary" free drink off the early bird menu, a garlic bread (which was supposed to be included in the starter off the early bird menu) and a portion of chicken wings that none of us had!!! Had I not had the warning to check this, I would of quite happily paid up!!

Now, you might think that this was an oversight on their part and admittedly, they did not quibble with us when we pointed out their "mistakes" however, I have now spoken to around 3/4 people who have also been charged for extra bottles of wine etc they have never had.

Other than this, I love the place! Please therefore everyone... CHECK YOUR BILL!!!

c

• Visited June 2012
6 Thank claire O

Fleetwood, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Meal, Excellent Service”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

A friend recently took us to San Marcos and wow what a meal it was! The food is absolutely out of this world and the open kitchen which enables you to watch your food cook is fantastic.
I am currently pregnant and I ordered the steak vesuvius which has stilton in the middle, I asked if the chef could make sure that the stilton was cooked through and he sent a message back with the waiter saying he would rather not chance giving stilton to a pregnant lady and offered a delicious alternative.
The service was excellent and the overall feel of the place was very relaxed and a really nice atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank GillCallaghan83
England, United Kingdom
“Great little place!”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Decided to go here after seeing reviews and were very glad we did! Its out of the way, took us about 20 mins to walk from pleasure beach but was worth it. It was packed when we arrived bu they managed to find us a table. They do an early bird and its on til 8pm which is fab! It was £11 for 2 courses and we had that. Lovely garlic mushrooms, ribs, pasta and pizza. My son had lovely pasta too and we all had fabulous deserts. A litre of house wine only £11! There was also a singer on and it gave the restuarna a lovely atmosphere it was full of families and couples and really made our night.

Visited June 2012
blackpool
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!!!!”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I eat here quite alo, the service is very good and booking are easy to get. The food is always fab and very quick service. I always eat on the early bird menu which is great value for money.

• Visited April 2012
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“always consistant good food”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

food great but just a little noisy inside. garlic bread is fab cant go without ordering it as starter. dont know how they manage 2 courses and a drink for such a good price. keeps it very busy though

Visited March 2012