Review Highlights

Reviewed May 26, 2016
Mike B
Ulceby, United Kingdom
Great atmosphere!

We came as a group of girls and really enjoyed it! Standing up and dancing on the benches holding... read more

Reviewed August 16, 2015

from $29.40
from $17.00
from $13.70
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Booked this through awesome weekends. It was advertised as a German Bierkeller with live oompah band and great atmosphere!! We did not get this at all.
The night before I arrived in Blackpool I had a phone call from the manager to tell me it was looking quiet, and that he had booked a couple of 'dancing girls' as an extra. I said that it was fine but we were coming for the Bierkeller and oompah band, would that still happen? The manager replied yes. So rather than cancel my booking and go else where I stuck with it. Only to turn up to a crap DJ, and the most awful looking girls who didn't dance but whipped the stags with belts!!!!!! There was no oompah band in sight!
Some might have thought that was a great night. But that isn't what I booked. It was a terrible night and the beer was just as bad. I would never step foot back in the place, and I wouldn't book anything through awesome weekends either because they weren't very helpful either.

DO NOT GO HERE!!!!

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Dish wash water larger absolutely awful lager utter rubbish had one mouth full and was nearly sick so then walked back out !

1  Thank Wez D
Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

To say this is supposed to be a Bavarian 'beer hall', is a ridiculous misconseption!

This place had no draught beer and we were supposed to have an oompah band which just turned out to be a crap cheese wedding disco DJ!

I don't know her name, because she refused to comment, but one of the bar women had a disgusting attitude and was on all honesty, after working in the industry myself, awful as a person and diabolical at her job. Worst customer service I have ever received!!

The door staff however were brilliant and put the crap bar staff to shame!!

3  Thank Navigate766616
Reviewed October 4, 2016 via mobile

The service was fast, the beer was fantastic and there is a great ambiance here. I will definitely be back

Reviewed September 27, 2016 via mobile

This place is amazing! Came over the weekend on a hen party and the atmosphere was awesome! Decent music and lots of dancing on the tables

Reviewed July 18, 2016

Excellent Ompah band plus the girl 'Heidi' was excellent and got the whole room going. A perfect fun evening for small or large parties.

Reviewed July 6, 2016

Great music, plenty of great ales to put to the test!

Fantasic for a good boogie and a stein with table hopping stature!

Reviewed June 25, 2016 via mobile

Bar staff were miserable and one of the bouncers was extremely rude. We were on a family hen do, dressed as moulin rouge, when a bouncer tried to undo my corset. When I challenged him as to why he thought that was acceptable behaviour, he preceded to tell us it was because of how we were dressed!

Reviewed May 26, 2016

I stumbled upon the Bier Keller and was impressed with the look and layout of the place on first inspection. I visit Germany and in particular Munch four or five times a year and this place looked pretty genuine for Blackpool.
Unfortunately the myth was soon diminished once I had visited the toilets. They are disgusting and smell of damp. I understand the place only opens at the weekend and it smells like it. A little later they had a chap in the toilets who had spent an hour bleaching the whole pace and that helped but crikey!
They layout is nice but no atmosphere. The band starts at 2200 but nothing German happens while they are not on stage. Music is played (very loudly) and people dance but hardly German.
The place was pretty empty when the band finally arrived and they made a good entrance marching onto the stage. At this point a large number of hen parties had arrived and rather than get the place going the band leader went on and on and on and on and on introducing the band and generally rambling.
When he's bored everyone enough they began unfortunately he had driven 3/4 of the crowd straight out the front door.
A real shame as they are talented.
Either do this place properly or don't bother.
Would I recommend it? No!
5/10

Reviewed August 16, 2015

We came as a group of girls and really enjoyed it!
Standing up and dancing on the benches holding our beers in German style glasses was good fun!
The only down points were the place reeked of bleach smell and the guy on the microphone was so loud it pierced your ear drums.
The Bierkeller we went to in Blackpool is connected to Club Domain which is a nightclub that is very dancey, we enjoyed it but maybe not everyone's cup of tea, we didn't pay to get in anyway so no bother.
Would highly recommend to a group looking for fun whilst drinking!