“Not as good as it used to be.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Blackpool Zoo
Ranked #2 of 78 things to do in Blackpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Blackpool Zoo is a family friendly attraction, providing fun and education for all ages. Situated only 2 miles inland the Promenade, the park is easily accessible from the M55 motorway. Over 1000 animals, birds and reptiles reside in a scenic 32 acre park amidst mature trees, lakes and spacious lawns where the kids can burn off their excess energy. All your favourites are here including big cats, elephants, giraffes, sealions, gorillas, orangutans, camels, zebras and many, many more. Opened in 2014, the new Orangutan Outlook allows visitors to get up close and personal with these charismatic apes. Open daily (except Christmas Day) from 10 am, the park's closing times vary seasonally.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Not as good as it used to be.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

I have been to the zoo a number of times and this time used my vouchs from my Tesco clubcard. The zoo is very clever.Because I was using vouchers I caouldn't have a family ticket or oap rates. This means the price increases quite alot and I feel it is just a con. Eventhough the zoo is nicley laid out and the animals look cared for, the dirty toilets, rude satff and the way the prices change when using a voucher lets it down dramatically. I don't think we will be going again which is a shame as we have usually enjoyed it in the past.

• Polish first
Preston Lancs
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great day out for everyone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

Had a fab day at Blackpool Zoo, much improved from the last time I visited, the new sealion enclosure is great and I love the lemur enclosure and the amazonia where you can get up and close to the animals, my kids loved it.
Only down side is you have to pay for parking at £2.50, I really think this should be free or a £1 max if they must charge and also I was paying partly by Tesco vouchers and they wouldnt let me pay the price for the family ticket because I was partly paying with the vouchers, I think this is wrong as we were still a family of 4 by whatever means we were paying by.
Anyway fab day out and I would highly recommend it, better than Chester Zoo by far !!

bracknell
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Day Out.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

We went to the zoo on 22/8/2010 and had a great time. The sun was shining and we really enjoyed the day. The animals all seemed well cared for and happy from the smallest bird to the biggest animal the elephant. The staff were very helpful and the keepers were fantastic especially with visiting children. There are lots of talks and feeding times, I can recommend the lions feeding time and the sea lion show. Lots of places to get snacks or ice creams and you can even get packed lunches at the cafe by the entrance to the dinasors kingdom. ONE TIP IF YOU NEED TO BORROW A WHEELCHAIR THEN RING UP AND BOOK ONE IN ADVANCE PROBABLY THE DAY BEFORE [there is a refundable deposit of £10 but the hire is free!!]. Disabled visitors are better off buying their tickets at the zoo rather than through their hotel, we could have saved £12 if we had known this!!! Have a great time!!!!!

Peterborough, England
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Nine enough but too pricey - spend money on inside not just the entrance next time!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

The entrance to the Zoo had been massively improved since the last time I went to Blackpool so I was really excited to see what changes had taken place inside. There didnt seem to be a huge amount of difference to the inside. The entrance seemed to have had a fortune spent on it while parts of the inside of the Zoo came across as quite dated.

Having said that we still enjoyed a lovely day out here. There was a good assortment of animals but not many of each to see. Things seemed a little sparse here and there. The seal show however was superb and in really lovely surroundings.

The farm section of the Zoo is adorable especially for the younger children and is quite Hands On.The train ride takes you here but again costs extra money and we had already found the zoo far too expensive for entry when you comapre it to other zoos to then pay more money for this.

The Dinosaur Safari was disappointing to say the least. The dinosaurs were badly painted and faded and I think would be a disappointment for a little child that was hugely into dinosaurs.

The restaurant was spotless and well stocked but perhaps shouldnt be the most impressive thing about a zoo.

The insect and reptile section is old and drab and really needs a good makeover.

Overpriced but an okay day.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

Been to the zoo today, had an excellcent time, lots of new animals to see since our last visit several years ago. I loved the new sea lion enclosure. I will definately return next time i'm in Blackpool.