“Animaltastic”

Blackpool Zoo
Ranked #2 of 79 things to do in Blackpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Blackpool Zoo is a family friendly attraction, providing fun and education for all ages. Situated only 2 miles inland the Promenade, the park is easily accessible from the M55 motorway. Over 1000 animals, birds and reptiles reside in a scenic 32 acre park amidst mature trees, lakes and spacious lawns where the kids can burn off their excess energy. All your favourites are here including big cats, elephants, giraffes, sealions, gorillas, orangutans, camels, zebras and many, many more. Opened in 2014, the new Orangutan Outlook allows visitors to get up close and personal with these charismatic apes. Open daily (except Christmas Day) from 10 am, the park's closing times vary seasonally.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Croydon, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Animaltastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I hadn't been to the zoo since I was little and that was many years ago. Since then I've been to many zoos in the UK and USA, and have to say this was probably the most interesting and entertaining of them all.

Of course it had the meerkats, which zoo doesn't, but the whole collection of animals was brilliant and with informative talks from the keepers at feeding times and show times, it made the day complete.

The walk-through area for the lemurs was probably my wife and I's highlight of the day.

If you're in Blackpool, make sure you visit!

3 Thank golfman007

• Polish first
Elgin, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a day at the zoo despite wet weather.

Lots to see and do and the talks were interesting and well pitched.

Food was reasonably priced and facilities were all clean and tidy.

Great to be able to get up close to the animals who all looked really well cared for.

1 Thank MAVISC2012
Nottingham
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Dissapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Having been as kid and knowing the zoo has been open a long time I was expecting a bit more. It seemed the biggest investment was in a dinosuar display.....models of animals in a zoo!?
The whole place seemed tired and in need of a good re-vamp so I wonder where the £15 entrance fee and £2.50 parking charge goes?

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fab family day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We went to the zoo on a Thursday and it was fairly quiet. There was a long queue to go in which was annoying because we had already paid at the Premier Inn so got a discounted price. The bird display and talk was the 1st thing we saw when we got there. It was entertaining and informative. The children loved the dinosaurs, then we saw all the other snimals. I thought the enclosures were a little small as we're used to Chester zoo but they're making improvements. The food is too expensive so take a picnic. We had a thoroughly enjoyable day however and would love yo go again. Well worth it.

2 Thank Emily S
Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Excellent Day here, Animals here are Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Me and my partner visited Blackpool Zoo and I must say we had a brilliant time here, the Animals are lovely we didn't want to leave the Zoo. The monkeys especially for me was my favorites at the Zoo they were so entertaining and fun to watch. The Zoo is well planned out, plenty to see and do, the Animals are well looked after and got loads of animals to see. Well worth every penny to visit the animals at this Zoo. We would 100% come here again we love it!

2 Thank NorthernExplorerHere