Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:45 PM

from $491.50
from $17.00
from $13.80
5,691 results
All reviews sea lion show big cats dinosaur safari elephant enclosure lions and tigers animals seem dinosaur area feeding times bird show packed lunch great family day value for money well worth the money my partner enclosures talks picnic
Reviewed today

While being very interesting and having some gorgeous animals it was somewhat smaller than I imagined it would be.

Reviewed 2 days ago

My family went on 30/10/18 we had been before several times, but we were shocked how it had gone down,2 Male lions were pacing 20 ft back & forth crossing one another over & over they had a large enough pen, BUT nothing to stimulate them,I
Complained & told waiting for feed time,rubbish went back to see if case,I worked with domestic animals all my life a stressed look in an animals eye is the same no matter species,the tiger looked thin,& you can see the tracks she was walked miles around her pen,told her partner died & stressedTHEN get some thing to stimulate her mind,one of the otters had a bad stress habit throwing its head around, told “ when excited it does it,” obviously become a habit begging for food,I did not see any food in any pens,the donkeys were getting agitated with each other as no food in enclosed,we even notice a giraffe throwing its head, elephant were “ fed” while we were there ONE. Hand full of nuts,thrown on sandy floor to forage for,no hay to chew on when I put what I thought wrong on Blackpool’s face page got reply saying vet thinks all ok I suggest you get an animal behaviourist to look at animals that asr so stressed the have made tracks walking miles round perimetor of there enclosed,& on a human factor,cafe food need a lot to be desired & extrorionatly over price. Please Don’t go it’s heartbreaking,we will never go again

BlackpoolZoo, Guest Relations Manager at Blackpool Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your visit.

I presume you were down at the Big Cats within half an hour or so of their feeding time? The cats, like domestic pets, get in a routine and anticipate feeding time. Once fed, they settle down and usually sleep for a few hours. The tigress is, sadly, on her own at present, as her mate died a few weeks ago, but she is being constantly monitored. She is eating well and is in good health. An overweight tiger is a very unhealthy tiger.

One of the otters does have a tilt to her head which she rotates if she gets excited. This is something she's done since a pup, but we're assured by our vets that she's in excellent health.

The donkeys are fed throughout the day but in measured quantities. If we were to allow ad lib feeding, they would become obese and unhealthy.

The elephants are fed up to 8 times a day, but hay is only a small part of their diet. Much of their food is hidden around the enclosure and behind specially designed feeding walls to allow them to use their natural behaviours in seeking it out. Enrichment is used to vary the animals' days. If they were to have extra feeding mechanisms in there all the time, it wouldn't be "enrichment" but would become the norm, in the same way that spending all day throwing a ball for a dog would become exhausting and boring to them and no longer fun.

Again, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your day.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Staying in Blackpool for a family weekend, with some younger members, so took a ride out to the Zoo, was a great day out, loved it ,

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We decided to visit last minute so arrived after lunch, we felt we had to rush round which spoilt it a little and then the park closed before we could see everything. I think to fully enjoy the zoo you should make a day of it and take a packed lunch. We seen the lions being fed which was amazing and the seal show which was good. The park is well kept and all the animals look well cared for. We all really enjoyed this trip. I visited with my partner and 2 teenage girls.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Furilly enjoyed our trip with the day out. Seeing the wide variety of animals exsppecially how close i came to the lions. The staff wrre friendly cafe was reasonabley prices and toilets were clean

Reviewed 1 week ago

We always have a great time at Blackpool Zoo and it is a must-do activity in Blackpool. We love it. Gorgeous animals and the dinosaur safari is excellent as well. Been visiting for the last fifteen years and seen it improve year on year. Well done Blackpool.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Got tickets with Tesco vouchers. So went on out visit to Blackpool. Went on the number 20 bus from the side of Blackpool tower with my daughter and granddaughter. Bus stopped right outside. Enjoyed walking round and seeing all of the animals. The dinosaurs were a surprise. Spent a good few hours there, then had a bit of lunch before going back. Worth the visit.

Reviewed 1 week ago

They came over from Manchester, we came up from Devon. Lovely place, animals appeared relaxed and stress free. Well done staff.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Brilliant place for all age groups.8mins in car from Blackpool tower. All the animals looked well treated. Cafe was busy but had a good selection of hot and cold food. Highly recommend visit.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Lovely place we have went in so many zoos and this one was one of the best as you actually get to see very up and close all the animals. Our son favourite was the sea lion show it was amazing and very funny! The trainers are very good with the animals. And you can see they are really taken care of. I would advice go in a nice dry day so you can enjoy and see all the animals. The park is great to walk trough it. Very compact and not step at all. The dinosaur “land” was a hit with our 5 years old boy as he is dinosaur mad and was a nice surprise that we weren’t expecting! We will definitely come back!