Review Highlights
October Break

Took our 2 kids (9&8) and met friends with 2 teens and another 9 yr old. Had a great day, rides... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Forbiddenracer
via mobile
A great day! Valhalla is amazing

Had a fantastic day here today. Got on all the rides with no waiting which was fantastic. Great... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Kevinwillows
Nottingham, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Blackpool
from $18.21
from $16.26
from $20.17
from $59.84
12,731 results
All reviews nickelodeon land pleasure beach theme park big dipper speedy pass alton towers all you can eat pepsi max wallace and gromit ride big rides alice in wonderland all ages burger king white knuckle thrill rides ghost train ticket office
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wow no words really.. i love rides and this place is awsum.. it has rides for every age but icon is a big must, in my opinion it knocks spots of the big one

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went on a warm sunny Saturday in September, my first visit in around 10 years and the kids first time. The kids loved nickelodeon land and the characters. The rides were perfect for them too. The queues were large due to the good weather and I nipped off to go on the big one, the big dipper and the grand national. I didn't bother with ikon or infusion as the queues were too big. I forgot how good the grand national is, the best coaster in the park, as it throws you around and jumps the track as it goes around. Not everyones cup of tea, but definitely mine. We went on the river caves which was far better than I remembered and the Wallace and Gromit ride, which is excellent. A few things bugged me though with the park now, what is the point in the scanned wristbands, when you can only enter at one point, through security. Surely just a coloured paper band would do. Also having to pay to enter the park for non riders is a bit rubbish, as they will probably buy drinks, food etc. The biggest problem though is speedy boarding, get rid of it! What is that teaching kids? It makes it difficult to get around all the rides when people are jumping queues. Only special needs and disabled should be allowed to jump the queue. Overall though a good day out.

1  Thank Cumbriaman
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited with my son and grandson. Booked in advance so the day’s wristbands were better value that way. Still quite a big queue to collect wristbands, but well organised and we were in the park in 15-20 mins.
Grandson (7 years) was not quite confident enough for some of the signature rides such as Icon but had great fun on many of the Nickelodeon Land rides and some of the adult rides. Son was very pleased to have added Icon and Infusion to his list of rides.
Prepare to get very wet in Valhalla!
Even the food outlets seem to have improved from my memories of 10-15 years ago.
Only reservation really was the relatively early closing time of 6pm on this busy Saturday. We had thought from the website it would be 7pm and were at a football match 3-5, which didn’t leave much scope on return after that.
Still, a great, fun day out at reasonable value.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was a first time visit for us. Started off good with some good entertainment whilst waiting for the park doors to open.

Once doors did open I was a little disappointed that there was a further 30 minutes delay for some of the big rides to open.

The rides themselves were good fun but some of the old ones didn’t particularly feel safe especially the Grand National. My daughter and I came off this one in pain so I’d avoid that one. Some of the attractions do need some TLC as the do look run down in areas.

The park map is dreadful and doesn’t really make it clear for you to know which way to go or where the queues begin. I think they could take a look at Alton Towers and other parks and offer apps with a decent interactive map.

The food on offer was very disappointing. We went to the Ice cafe as everywhere else was busy. With hardly anyone in there we still had to wait 45 minutes for our food to come. When it did come it was poor quality and certainly not worth the wait or the money.

We would visit again but next time we’d venture out of the park for lunch and definitely avoid some of the older rides.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a wonderful day at the Pleasure Beach: the rides were thrilling (especially the magical new Icon), the staff were friendly and helpful, and the fried chicken was hot and delicious. Unfortunately, our spirits were dampened somewhat by Valhalla. Foolishly, we chose this award-winning Viking adventure as our first ride, and we were very dismayed that it left us ABSOLUTELY DRENCHED for the rest of the day. We had to wring out our underwear, and we had puddles in our shoes. The ride really wasn’t worth it: we had read so much about the special effects, but we can only assume that they hadn’t been switched on. The ride was basically a very uncomfortable boat trip in the dark. We saw very little of interest and did not experience ‘dramatic’ changes in temperature. We then had to wait for an unusually long time to be allowed off the ride, sitting ankle-deep in water. It really was dreadful. On a quiet day (when it is probably not financially viable for the park to turn on the fire and ice effects), Valhalla should be avoided. Otherwise, this park is a real jewel in the North’s crown.