Review Highlights
An ICONic 2018 Season

The 2018 season for Blackpool Pleasure Beach has been nothing short of ICONic. For a long time... read more

LetsExploreMe
London, United Kingdom
Another great day out at the pleasure beach!

Reviewed 6 days ago

from $13.70
from $10.41
from $18.30
11,685 results
All reviews nickelodeon land pleasure beach theme park big dipper speedy pass alton towers all you can eat pepsi max wallace and gromit ride big rides all ages alice in wonderland burger king white knuckle ghost train thrill rides ticket office
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Called here with my daughter and her partner. First impressions were, what has happened to the place. It's all built up, with nothing on view, and yes, it had been many years since my last visit, the wow factor and the tingle of excitement has gone. We wanted to just have a look round, and innparticular, to see if the grand national big dipper was still there. However in order to look around, I was informed that it would cost us £6 each. To say I was disgusted was putting it mildly. I only wanted a look round, not buy shares in the place. Will never go again.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Blackpool pleasure beach hosted the nickelodeon slime fest this year.

It was brilliant and well organised. The kids loved the acts on stage. Diversity, Jonas Blue and Harvey are a just a few to mention. The slime was plenty so music and mess the kids thoroughly enjoyed it.

Definitely be back next year !

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

It's a long time since I'd been to The Pleasure Beach but I can say a good time was had by all. Although the smallest and youngest member of the party struggled with rides he could go on..we still had fun. I think buying a wrist band is a good way to do it. But online before hand. And the new ride ICON is ace.

1  Thank 13Elizabeth1981
Reviewed 5 days ago

The 2018 season for Blackpool Pleasure Beach has been nothing short of ICONic.

For a long time now, I have felt like Blackpool Pleasure Beach has needed some worthy investment into the park. The coasters are getting old(er) now, so it was time for some new, fresh, exciting rides to exhilarate the crowds.

ICON was a BRILLIANT investment for the 2018 season.

From the moment you see the track, twisting and turning just above the pathways, you are blown away. It's a an engineering marvel, and one I just LOVE to see each time I've visited this year. It really is a sight to behold.

The fascinating part about ICON is the fact it's not actually THAT far above your heads at any given time. The fact it is so close, and so low to the ground makes for that feeling of "oooh" when riding, giving it an edge over other coasters I've ridden.

It is not too exhilarating, nor is it too fast. It's the right balance between the two, despite having not one but TWO launches during the circuit. It's quickly become one of my favourite coasters EVER.

The rest of the park is looking good too. The wooden coasters are still standing and thrilling the masses, and the usual gift shops and eateries are open and operating as normal.

Can't wait to return for the 2019 season!

Reviewed 5 days ago

I don't normally write reviews but I just had to. I took my two children to the Nickelodeon Christmas Grotto at Blackpool Pleasure Beach and I have taken then to a few different grottos over the past three years but this one is something special. My children are both massive fans of Paw Patrol from Nickelodeon so my husband and I decided that we should bring them down from Carlisle to visit this Grotto as we had heard from friends of ours how great it is and they were correct. My children were so excited all the way down in the car. We were greeted outside the doors by an elf who got the children all hyped up and excited before we even entered the grotto. It took me all my might to keep my son calm. From the minute we stepped inside the place was truly magical. When you go inside you get taken through the sewers of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and my children got to meet the blue one inside (Im not too sure what his name is lol). He played with my son along with another elf and I was so happy with the amount of attention the children received. We then walked through and visited Santa and he was amazing with he children. He spent time talking to them and making them feel special. They received a gift from Santa and all four of us, yes thats right, including us two old parents, received a pass to visit the pleasure beach year. We can use it as many times as we wish for all four of us next year so looks like we will be regular visitors. After we spent about 10 minutes with Santa ( Not rushed through at all) we expected to be ushered out of the Grotto. How wrong we were..... We were then taken through to an open area and saw Spongebob who also spent time with my children. By this time they were hyper active with excitement when they saw the Paw Patrol themed area, which is why we were there. We couldn't see Sky or Marshall but spoke to the elf that was there who told us to hang around with Spongebob and she would go and find them. While we were waiting we made slime and reindeer food that the children could take away with them. This was a special touch that we were not expecting. Then lo and behold 5 minutes later Sky and Marshal came in. Well this was what we came for and how special it was. They spent time with my children, fussing over them and making them feel special in the Paw Patrol themed area. There was a little Christmas cafe inside and my husband and I sat and had our free cup of coffee while the children played with their new found paw patrol pals. To finish this review off.... this was a special place and the children (and myself and husband) found this place magical. The best Grotto that we have visited. Well done to all of the elves, Santa and staff inside for making my children feel special and giving them a magical time. They now have photographs to prove to all of their friends that they have actually met Sky and Marshal. I would recommend this to anyone, its worth the travel time to get there. We paid £16 pounds each but it was worth every penny and we will now be here every year. My children are excited about coming back to meet their new friends again in the summer with our passes. We may even try and get back again before Christmas.

3  Thank sandarac49
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Terrible if your in a wheelchair,no lifts at all just very steep ramps,virtually impossible to push an adult up and down those all day,the toilets are disgusting and absolutely stink,the whole place needs a good clean !!! Never again!!

1  Thank Tracycharlie123
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

I had booked the tickets for the family online, but unfortunately due to personal circumstances we could not go on the day that I had booked. Called the pleasure beach helpline and my problem was solved in 5 mins, with no hassle at all, I was really impressed! Got tickets transferred to the following day.

We headed straight for the Icon, great ride! But still have soft spot for the big one. Got soaked on the Valkaria (it's the best water ride I've even been on and I've been on a few around the world) and log flume. Impressed by how extreme the old big dipper is, it still holds its own against the modern roller coasters.

But can't forgive them for getting rid of the wild mouse. That was an amazing ride, big mistake demolishing that ride in my opinion.

It's always a great day out for us here and we never have to queue long for the rides.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We came on a day when it wasn't very busy. We managed to get on all the rides we wanted. It was a great family day out. We pre booked tickets, so got them at 50% cost. Would recomend, but remember to book tickets in advance to make it affordable. There are deals on the day also available.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

What a great day out for 4 adults.
Took advantage of the £19.99 wrist band offer. Decided to go on Friday 2nd November, usually go on a Saturday or Sunday.
This was the last weekend of the illumination season. We were so lucky with the weather and the fact that ALL the rides were working.
What a Great day we had!
Weather was kind, for a change. We were able to go on everyone of the ‘White Knuckle Rides’ several times with minimal queuing.
The new ride ‘Icon’ is an amazing experience, we managed to get on it 4 times. We did ‘The Big One’ 3 times. Got absolutely drenched on Valhalla.
We have a weekend in Blackpool every year and always visit the Pleasure Beach. This was the best day we have had in years.

1  Thank suep698
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Spent 2 highly enjoyable Saturdays in September at the Pleasure Beach....and paid for only 1 when I booked online! 2 adults and 2 children all day ride wristbands great value... £92. Icon is the best roller coaster in the UK now in my opinion. ..better than the Smiler and Saw....great offers and pleasant staff...will be back, kids loved it

1  Thank Neil S