“A good day out”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A good day out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

It has been years since I visited the pleasure beach, during the mid 80's I lived in Blackpool and often visited the pleasure beach.

Our reason for the trip was we have a boy of 8 and he has a cousin of 9 who love fair grounds and Love spongebob, with Nick Jnr land being advertised it was a must visit, we used our Tesco vouchers to pay which went without a hitch.

The park has changed since I visited wrist bands that carry bar codes are put on your wrist at the start of your visit which you zap at most ride entrances, my wife's was put on far to tight, they are like the hospital bands once on you can't take them off without breaking, tried to get it changed which wasted sometime and failed to find anyone who could help.

Some rides don't open until later which wasn't mentioned, in fact the chap who put the wrist bands on said all rides were running, disappointing start to the day.

I was surprised that a fair number of the rides are still running from my 1980's visits, the revolution was the big ride then and still looked very good, although I used to love riding it I didn’t this time, its an age thing.

Nick Jr was very good my boy and his cousin loved it all, shame it was so cold as some rides get you very wet which isn't good on a cold day, they enjoyed the two roller coasters best. The Nick shop was okay but as expected expensive and I thought a little limited in the range, wasn’t much in the way of clothing, few t-shirts in bags which would of been better on hangers to check sizes.

All in all it was a good day out, can't say in was a very good day out as the late opening and the expensive food (can't take your own in) is a let down.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
North Lincolnshire, UK
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“A little dated but still great fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Traditional British seaside fun at its best. Good time had by all. A little dated here and there but still good for a day

Jarrow, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Good Time had by all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Had a brilliant day out here daughters really enjoyed the rides along with eight year old grandaughter. Had so many rides for all ages plenty food and drink venues wasnt too expensive. I booked online for the kids tickets as I knew me and my husband would not be doing any of the rides just walking round the park which we had to pay six pounds each for the pleasure of. I thought this was a bit much for just getting in. I suppose they have good reason for it and it didnt spoil our time here. Will be comming back again next year.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wristband worry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We came into the pleasure beach as big blue hotel guests so were on site at 10am, however the rides didn't open til 10.30 though the shops and stalls were open.
As it was so cold, it was a bit of a pain having to unwrap to show wristbands all the time, but that's a minor gripe.
Nick Jnr is great however, rest of the resort looks a little tired in places!

West Midlands, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Rip off Blackpool”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

On visiting Blackpool 22nd October 2012 for a five day break, i was amazed to find that most of the attractions including the Tower closed at a certain time at night. On exactly 18.30pm the whole of the Pleasure beach attractions closes and all in darkness. On a daytime visit i was surprised when all we wanted to do was walk around and see what was going on, no public access was available unless you paid £6.50 per person to walk round.Its not surprising that the hoteliers and b&b,s are closing down because it does not encourage any one to return to this sea side resort once they experience this sort of service.as for the illuminations and to say its the 100 year and centinary, the fraze {could do better} as most of the bulbs where not working in certain areas although you have vehicles travelling up and down on a jolly and over time rate.The b&b that we stayed was exceptional in all aspects. Golden Sands deserves better surport from the community and Blackpool tourisum than what they get. This b&b was spotless, the breakfast was one of the best i have had any where in the world. The facilities and bedrooms was like being back home, bright , light ,and welcoming from the Sylvia and Dil Hinds , i would have no problem going back to this b&b but not to Blackpool it self.

4 Thank KelvinJames