“Grand old Hotel”

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #26 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
“Grand old Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed at The Imperial Hotel on a spa weekend as part of a "Hen Holiday". We shared 2 twin rooms and a single and had breakfast, 3 course evening meal and 2 spa treatments included in the price.
Ok so lets get the negatives out the way first. The windows in our rooms were a little dirty and the view was not good at all but then not everyone can have a view looking out over the sea can they. Also I thought the area around the pool was a little dirty and there was somebodys false nail on the floor in the changing rooms, but I had seen worse.
The only other thing I will say is that the prices in the No.10 Bar were a little high. But its well worth a visit just to see the old style decor.
Now on to the positives, we arrived extra early and was given our rooms straight away, the reception staff were very pleasent and proffesional. The cleaners always had a smile and a friendly "Good Morning" for you, the spa treatments were out of this world. So relaxing and the Staff in the Spa were so friendly and made you feel completly at ease. We even got a free cup of Hot Choclate after our treatments and use of some nice big fluffly brown bath robes and towels. The Breakfast...Wow! You can help yourself to as much as you want and it was all fresh. You could choose from cooked breakfasts, fresh fruit, cereals, selection of breads, yoghurts, continental breakfasts, and you could even have choclate doughnuts. I have never seen such a large selection to choose from for a breakfast. The 3 course dinners were very tasty too. They were small portions but extremly tasty and very well presented.
I would love to come back to this hotel maybe next year with my family, I throughly enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Dont worry about taking towels or bath robes to the spa as these will be supplied, also if you want...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sarah G
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, and my team looked after you well. I am proud to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Hotel.

with kind regards

Alison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
Liverpool
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Sadly this hotel has lost its grandour of the past.Getting a bit frayed around the edges. Our rooms
were OK but heard from other guests in our party of failings by the hotel.A few room changes early on which does not bode for a good hotel/guest pairing. One thing that immediately struck me was the speed of check in. Had I been a tortoise great, its a good job that there was not a lot of people checking in as I am sure I would still be there. We had a buffet on the Thursday and Friday nights which was spoilt by COLD plates. One other moan alcohol prices a bit high. Other than that a pleasant stay but not one I will be enduring again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank joecassandra
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, the contents of which have been noted.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again when you are next in the area.

Blackpool
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Q. Who would book a room for their family with breakfast included but not include breakfast for their children?
A. No self respecting parent of course, however Puma Hotels seem to think that this is a suppliment, an add on to enhance your stay. Certainly I do enjoy having a nice fry up while my hungry children watch on....setts me up for the day. Thanks Puma Hotels for that lovely little bill at the end of my stay when I was checking out. Stealth charge or what!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

4 Thank Hugh M
Dear Guest

Please accept my apologies for the misunderstanding over the children's breakfasts. I have taken the liberty of writing to you direct to explain the children's policy.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We booked in to the imperial for a five night stay,this hotel is one of the best Blackpool hotels I have stayed in.From a very helpful reception and wonderful breakfast with a very clean and comfortable room we will ensure that we return once again (already booked in for Xmas and new year) Thanks to all the staff at the Imperial who helped us have a great stay

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gordon K
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and I look forward to meeting your personally when you return to the Hotel.

Warwick, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Recently spent two nights at The Imperial, as it was only a short break and had a good deal on DBB, can't complain. The hotel has definitely seen better days, and would benefit from a refurb, bedrooms absolutely fine and very clean, a little tired - but the Dining room was nice and all the dining staff, were very friendly, helpful and did a good job and we enjoyed the evening meal (with house wine included), and a good selection for breakfast. Hotel situated short walk from centre, which in my opinion is a bonus, also tram stop just in front of hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank CMF84
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and my team looked after you well. I am proud to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Shropshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Unfortunately during our stay we weren't impressed. The rooms felt very old and drab - including large mould patch in corner, wallpaper peeling and holes in walls from were old pictures were hung! We couldn't open the windows during a very hot sleep! Although bed sheets and bathroom were spotless! Service in restaurant was very poor! Bread on main course, tea and coffee at breakfast were never offered but offered to all other guests when we looked around. Large buffet breakfast with lots of choice, including fresh fruit and pastries. Slow cooked beef for main was very dry (actually white) - when we asked the waiter he blamed it on the cut of meat and seemed to think it actually wasn't white! Receptionists were lovely did all to help and let us check in an hour early! Unfortunately for us the positives didn't make up for the negatives so we won't be returning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Lila415
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Please be assured that I will be using your comments as the basis for my Senior Management Meeting later today.

I do hope that when you are next in the area you will consider staying with us again.

With Kind regards

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Had a great time at the hotel - lovely clean room - quiet at night - spacious room & fantastically comfy bed - hotel has everything you need
Staff do you proud - very friendly , very helpful & always smiling
Pool great - had a happy girl & her mum !!! Thank you
Nothing bad to say -
My only 'negative' which isn't really a negative as such, would be breakfast was lukewarm rather than hot - but this is not such a big deal & it was very tasty regardless

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank HelenH6721
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you were able to use the facilities on offer.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.