“Lovely hotel”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #28 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Had a great time at the hotel - lovely clean room - quiet at night - spacious room & fantastically comfy bed - hotel has everything you need
Staff do you proud - very friendly , very helpful & always smiling
Pool great - had a happy girl & her mum !!! Thank you
Nothing bad to say -
My only 'negative' which isn't really a negative as such, would be breakfast was lukewarm rather than hot - but this is not such a big deal & it was very tasty regardless

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank HelenH6721
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you were able to use the facilities on offer.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

There are newer reviews for The Imperial Hotel

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

We booked a family room here for a weekend on arrival the car park was like whakey races cars abandoned everywhere and anywhere, checked in to 3rd floor room, this has yo be the worst hotel room i have ever seen, wallpaper hanging of both the walls and ceiling, windows rattling, damaged and broken furniture, bathroom disgusting, we immediately asked to be moved room as it was mid evening otherwise we would have just left, they could not be moved until the next night so we stayed, big mistake we couldn't sleep for the noise from the windows the beds were so uncomfortable and everyone slept with there clothes on.next morning we were moved room to all be it a larger room, furniture still chipped, walls stained, broken window, but not even 1 lamp in the room, bathroom however was good and the room was much cleaner. Went to the bar for a drink, it was filthy, mixer was flat. Crisps were out of date! There is no way this hotel should be 4 star due to the standard of this hotel I would say it was 2 star, it's shabby run down and in need of a major face lift,, shame. On you Puma Hotels for destroying what was once a grand old lady.we were not offered and discount or compensation and infact was even charged extra for late check out, would never stay here again and would urge anyone to think again before doing so.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank phildurr
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I was embarrassed to read your comments, and with this in mind have taken the liberty of replying to you direct.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Room was adequate with comfy beds. Breakfast was excellent with a good choice. Food ordered from the bar was ok, a little pricey. Staff friendly and helpful. Swimming pool clean and warm.
A stunning and grand building just a little frayed in places.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Fellgirlsal

Dear Guest

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars was because I can't speak for other facilities as I just used bed and breakfast but the hotel interior is beautiful, staff are friendly and service is great! I stayed in a double room- it comes with everything you need; towels, hairdryer, safe, shampoo/showergel/soap, power shower and bath etc. A lovely big room with a comfortable bed and a TV with many freeview channels.
Unlike the last 'hotel' I stayed in, this one refilled teas and coffee (and biscuits!)-the maids were brilliant and the room was spotless. Breakfast was excellent with a buffet of full English, selection of breads, cereals, juices, pastries (and doughnuts) and fruit. Great value for money -it was £12 more expensive than the previous place I stayed in (which I would rate as one star), the difference being that The Imperial is definitely of 4-star quality!
On reading the bad reviews I was a little doubtful but after staying there I don't know why anyone would give a bad review (it was very clean, you could control the temperature of your room and the hotel looked brilliant, unlike the comments in other reviews). If you're staying in Blackpool, book this hotel as it will save you a lot of hassle with the other B+Bs that call themselves hotels and charge the same price for horrible quality.
Wonderful place, very impressed, hope to stay there again!

2  Thank Christine N

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciated the olde worlde charm of the building.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

A lovely hotel that just oozed character. The breakfast was excellent as was the service. We never had a main meal in the restaurant but ate a couple of times in the N10 bar. The food here was excellent. Prices not too bad considering it is a four star hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank IanChristie2014

Dear Guest

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and that my team looked after you well.

I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed here as a romantic fun weekend away. I picked this hotel cause it looked grand for what we wanted it for. I was disapointed when we arrived as the bedroom was alot smaller than what i thought and advertised due for the fact the amount of money we paid for it was expecting it to be amazing! The bath was a little grubby and small, found blood stains on the sheets. The hotel staff will have to say was friendly and the food was fabulous was just a shame about the room!.We could of paid half the price somewhere else for the same quality of room.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Debbie S

Dear Guest

Please accept my sincere apologies that you did not find the standard of your room to expectation. All of our rooms are of differing shape and size, which is a characteristic a lot of our guests appreciate.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I don't think hotel is a 4 star the rooms are very basic . the bathroom is tiny and windows are rotten and only single glazed . we had a room at the back over looking a car wash .the bar area is tiny and the bar surface is very dirty . it seems very expensive at £ 100 per night room only . the car park is very tiny and if you do manage to get a space you have to pay extra to park we parked next to car wash its free . I wont be staying there again its very short staffed .

3  Thank paula g
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Guest

Thankyou for taking the time to leave your review.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you found some aspects of your stay disappointing. With the age and shape of the building all our bedrooms are of differing shape and size which is a characteristic of the Hotel a lot of our guests appreciate.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again when you are next in the area.