“Probably one of the best in Blackpool.”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #29 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Marbella, Spain
“Probably one of the best in Blackpool.”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed there 2 nights enjoying the included in the price indoor swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi and steam room.

The bed was more confortable than it looked.

Beach front and well located.

Free parking or at least they didn't charge me for it.

Flat screen and free wifi.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank EnriqueGarci
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and were able to enjoy the facilties we have to offer.

I hope when you are next in the area, you will stay with us again.

With Kind regards

Alison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (806)
Blackpool
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I arrived at the hotel through the main entrance and was greeted by a very warm, clean and friendly reception. Upon check-in the receptionist was very friendly and helpful, they knew exactly what they were talking about there was nothing too much for them to do. The room was clean and warm, with a lovely spotless bathroom. The bed was very comfortable, although the blanket would be better if it was slightly larger as it only reached the edge of the bed... The Leisure facilities were very clean & tidy. I would certainly recommend staying here the overall experience is fantastic and based right on the seafront it's even better.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Buxtonr
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your positive review. I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment. I was delighted that you were well looked after during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

With kind regards

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Once again I cannot thank the staff enough for their attentive service during my two night stay.
I would particularly like to thank Louise on reception for her warm welcome also Andrew and Alastair in the restaurant for the 'extra mile' they went to, to make our stay so much more enjoyable.
This was a special birthday weekend for my partner and we felt that, once again, we were made to feel really special.
We are really looking forward to our next stay at Christmas and feel that the level of customer service is exceptional. We had a really, really spacious room and found the meals equally as good as in other visits.
Very well done to all and all I can say is Thank You

Room Tip: Worth paying for an upgrade
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank colint_stuartd
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am pleased that once again the team pulled out all the stops to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

with kindest regards

Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Imperial. The location is within easy walking distance of the shopping centre. Easy to park. We were on a DBB deal which included house wine and I felt that the price we paid was good value. The food in the restaurant was very good and the service friendly.
We paid extra for a premium room but I don't think we would bother again: the standard room has everything you need. The pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi were also an added bonus.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amanda H
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next planning on visiting the area.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night having booked last minute to go to a party nearby, unfortunately it was all I expected, old. Tired, grubby, over priced and living on past memories. The staff try to portray glamour but as they sy you can't gold plate .......,
The whole place needs dragging into this century and stop living on the fact that z list politicians and union reps once stayed there.
They even tried to make us pay twice for our evening meal ( we had paid cash the previous evening) and also a breakfast we didn't want after sampling the leathery steak the night before.

Won't be back !

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rivilad
Dear Guest

I appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts on your stay with us. I am sorry that on this occasion we did not live up to expectation.

I do hope Sir, that you will consider staying with us again in the not too distant future.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Yes the hotel is old. Yes it's a bit tired in places and No, it's not the most up to date place. However it has all the grandeur and features of days gone by. You feel like a Victorian gentleman in this place. Hayley the receptionist was very efficient, friendly and welcoming. Every member of staff I encountered were extremely polite, helpful and friendly. I really enjoyed my night here and a few bits of wear and tear did not detract from the overall experience. Would definitely go back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank pscott1973
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I was delighted that the team looked after you well. It is obvious that you appreciate the elegance and charm of this wonderful building.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We have stayed overnight at the Imperial hotel 4 years running during the Blackpool illuminations. Upon first noticing the hotel it holds an air of grandeur and looks very impressive. It is a large hotel and therefore does have areas which are better than others but this is probably due to wear and tear and overall cost. The swimming pool is great for the family and has a hot tub alongside. Our rooms have always been nicely furnished with en suites having a bath with over-bath shower. We always have a double room with a view of the sea. The staff are all friendly, the food is lovely and stopping for tea and cake in the afternoon with the sun peeping through the window is so welcoming and relaxing, especially on a cold October day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ruth P
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I am delighted that once again your stay was enjoyable, and the team looked after you well.

It is always a pleasure to welcome our guests back and I look forward to meeting you when you are next planning to stay.