“Small single room”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #28 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Nice reception and breakfast room although most of the windows in the building have been wash free for a few months. Beware of single room on 3rd floor (304) as bathroom/toilet has to be the smallest hotel room anywhere! No room in there after a shower or to sit on the loo, I asked the receptionist why toilet and bath in a room only 5 foot wide and she said the hotel was old! Not good value @ £58 per night without breakfast.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank mottmanUk
blackpoolimperial_gm, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2011

Dear guest, thank you for positing your comments on Trip Advisor, I appreciate your comments. We have just 14 single rooms currently at the hotel and in most cases, guests are upgraded to double rooms. Barcelo's standard is to have as many double rooms as possible and we are in the process of changing as many of these rooms as possible to doubles. By the end of May we will have completed six of these, and are looking to increase this moving forward. I hope that you will try us out again in future, let me know when you're coming and I'll ensure you a double room. With kind regards, Alison

There are newer reviews for The Imperial Hotel

Reviewed April 6, 2011

Stayed 2 nights two double rooms single occupancy £69 per night.
Rooms were at the side of the hotel king size beds large rooms with good size bathroom
£69 included breakfast which was excellent with plenty of selection and very good quality with good service. Last morning they opened up early for us as we had a train to catch, the manager was most helpfull and polite. Papers delivered early every morning and rooms were well cleaned with clean towels and soaps.
Only downside the rooms were hot, I managed to turn my rads off but my friends were stuck,
and they could not sort it out.
The drinks at the bar were very high £4 for a single brandy. The barman vanished for about ten minutes, and I had to get him from chatting in reception to serve.
A bit of a problem checking out, my mates bill had £20 of food on it which he did not have but it was sorted cut pretty quickly overall excellent and my team lost 2 1 to Preston but you can not blame the hotel for that.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank BERNDTSSON
blackpoolimperial_gm, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2011

Dear Guest, so glad to read that you had a great time at Blackpool (despite the result!). I apprecaite you taking the time to log your thoughts and I will be following up your comments about the bar. I hope to get the chance to meet with you and your friends on a future visit and look forward to saying hello. With kind regards, Alison

Reviewed April 4, 2011

I booked the hotel as a special Anniversary surprise for my partner Nigel partly as a thank you for caring for me over the last 2 years through a very difficult illness. I really wanted the weekend to be Extra special and I wasn't dissapointed. Linda on Reception was fantastic it was through her help we had the perfect room. Emma was amazing and arranged a very quick delivery of a surprise bottle of Champagne for me. All of the Staff were very friendly. helpful and professional. We ate in the restraunt both evenings and the food was superb. Breakfast was varied and really good. Nearly 146 years old the Hotels history is fantastic and well worth taking the time to read. I have read some of the negative blogs re this hotel and fail to see how anybody could have anything but an amazing stay. Huge Thanks to everyone at the Imperial, We will be going again and again. It will be great when the work on the Prom is finished. (due September 2011 I'm told)

Room Tip: Room 117 is beautiful, seaview and very spacious
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amandajane51

Dear guest, I'm absolutely delighted to read your comments about your stay and particularly your kind words about Emma and Linda, I've passed your comments on to them today. I don't know if we got the opportunity to meet while you were here, and if we didn't look me up next time you're here, I'd love to put a face to the name so to speak! You're right, September is the time to return and see the results of our fantastic transformation as a town - lovely sunset picture by the way, well done! Kind regards, Alison

Reviewed April 3, 2011

Beautiful hotel and great staff. Major headache getting through town centre because of on going roadworks but I can't really blame the hotel for that.

The problem arose when I tried to pay the bill... I had got a deal for £67 from BOOKIN.COM for a double (no breakfast) and told the receptionist to add 2 x breakfasts to the cost of the bill (£20)

When I came to pay the bill it was nearly £150. (£87+£60) They had upgraded the room because I had asked for a sea view. I told her I HAD asked for a sea view but did NOT ask for an upgrade. (What was the point of that with a reduced price room?) She was most professional and took £20 of the hotel bill.
She then said the bill was wrong as it had not included the £20 for our breakfast and it was coming through on her computer as we speak. I told her it must have, as that would be the £87 (67+20)

She acknowledged this and printed out a new bill for £130

Bit annoyed about that but what to do?

Room Tip: Work your route out and CHECK YOUR BILL!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank juandayatatime
blackpoolimperial_gm, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2011

Dear Guest, thank you so much for posting your comments on Trip Advisor, I was sorry to learn that there was some confusion over your room rate when you checked out. I will investigate this and respond to you directly rather than on line. With kind regards, Alison

Reviewed April 1, 2011

Stayed at the Imperial for 1 night lovely spacious room staff very friendly,not far to walk to the centre.We were dissapointed the waxworks were closed. The only fault were the sausages served at breakfast they were awful bsides that everything else was spot on.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sheila080
blackpoolimperial_gm, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2011

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your comments posted on Trip Advisor, I'm delighted you had a great weekend. We are in the middle of upgrading our breakfast specification and I hope you enjoyed the selection this weekend, and also completed one of our questionnaires which will help us refine it. We are looking at a range of local sausages to add to the buffet and will be trying out a few options over the next three weeks. Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Alison

Reviewed March 28, 2011

We have stayed here many times and return as often as we can. The staff are welcoming and friendly, nothing is too much trouble. The leisure facilities are very good, and the food
is excellent. The hotel is only a short distance from the town centre, and I would certainly recommend this hotel to a friend,

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
blackpoolimperial_gm, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2011

Thank you very much for leaving your comments on line. I am delighted to read that you are regular visitors to the Imperial and very much look forward to meeting you personally next time you visit.

Reviewed March 28, 2011

We arrived on a friday morning and couldnt check in till 2, which was fine, but you have to pay £2.50 per day to park. we arrived at our room, and were incredibly disappointed with the size. I have stayed in hotels that were half the price and had rooms twice the size. Dinner on the first night was a carvary, we had to go and get our own plates of food, which is unacceptable when you pay over £150 a night. And there was no entertainment as there was a function going on (which we had not been told about) and so had to just stay in the bar, were there wasnt enough seating for our group.
Breakfast was ok, but you get the same type of thing in a travel lodge. Dinner the second night was better, but dessert was a disappointment, clearly the meringue had been store bought.
Overall it was an ok stay, there was no one big problem, just a lot of little disappointing things which, if it was half the price, would have been acceptable. But the fact that you could go to spain for a week for how much it costs for two nights at this supposedly 4star hotel, you expect a certain level of service and dont expect to come away disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lauren242

Dear Lauren, I'm sorry to learn that you left the hotel a little disappointed. It's such a pity we did not get the opportunity to meet during your stay. I feel sure I could have sorted out things for you. If you were to contact me directly I could follow up your concerns directly. In the meantime, I sincerely hope you enjoyed your visit to our vibrant town and that you will return later in the year to see the results of the extensive refurbishment work going on in Blackpool. Kind regards, Alison