“Excellent Place”
Review of The Redstone

The Redstone
Ranked #48 of 861 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed at the Redstone whilst in Blackpool for a show at the Winter Gardens. It is a real Gem. I cannot fault it at all. Decorated and furnished to a very high standard. All staff especially Ursula made us feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Loved the cellar bar and the breakfast was amazing. We will definatley be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
theredstone, Owner at The Redstone, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Hi

Thank you so very much for your review.
Lovely to have met you and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here as a birthday surprise just before the May bank holiday.
Lovely exterior and entrance to the building, and we had a very friendly welcome.
Our room gorgeous. Very comfortable king size bed, well decorated throughout and a high spec bathroom. There was also a dressing table with a hairdryer and hair straighteners popped inside ready to use.
We had a room facing onto the road which gave a glimpse of the sea and in the evening also Blackpool tower with it's lights.
Breakfast was faultless. A wonderful lay out of fresh fruit, dried fruit, cereals and juices along with a cooked breakfast (amongst other "hot" breakfast options).
Location wise we were around a 15mins stroll down to the Pleasure Beach and like wise 15/20-min stroll to the tower.
If you are after a little gem in Blackpool look no further.
We will stay here again should be come back to sunny Blackpool! :)

1  Thank sarahrowe99
theredstone, Owner at The Redstone, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Hi

Thank you for all your lovely words.
And of course you pictures!!
I hope to see you back here again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great little guest house in a town full of cheap and frankly-a-little-nasty accommodation. Breakfast was fantastic and the owner/manager really went out of her way to accommodate our whims. The only reason why I'm not giving this a 5 star is because of the small window, but otherwise I cannot fault this guesthouse in any way. Great stay.

1  Thank Tinkerbell8010

Hi

Thank you for your review.
If I could change anything in my guest house it would be that window!! :))
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed everything else.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Well, this may well be the guest house that gets us returning to Blackpool, lets be honest for the more mature couple we dont want a £15 rooms and a hotel full of stgs and hens which has put us off previously visiting Blackpool, however got to say this place was exactly up to the high standards we expect., OK its dearer than your average b and b bu then again its not average, we would rather go to a few quality places than lots of dross
It has been totallly refurbished to a high standard and no expense has been spared, down to every fitting, light, floorboard , window, its all to a very high standard. and no chintz
We hate places that cut quality , tey don,t realise the false econom of doing so, ursula has got i right, thetoels were of good quality and of a good size to get around my middle aged spread, also the refreshemnts and biscuits were of good quality and all the furniture matched , it was obvious great thought had went into the whole project.
We have stayed at well over a hundred guest houses and Breakfast was up there with the best,
Once again ursula has chosen quality, none of that smart price bacon with all that white gunge or cheap supermarket sausage like a lot of bed and breakfast places, you know who you are and should hang your heads in shame, everything about the breakfast was top notch, the ambiance, the room, the choice,.They have taken a calculated risk in not allowing stags/ hens or young children but it has paid off and they are probably tapping into a market not many are catering for in Backpool (although the edenfield does the same ) so in summary if you want a place thats high quality, a landlady that is on top of her game when it comes to hospitality, try here.OH nearly forgot Bar is amazing , it was like a chill ot lounge , really tasteful, I coud happily sit here all night and get pleasantly "£$%%&*, and not a radgee in sight,
And the music was chilled too . all complimented with the oringinal signage from the hacienda, yes that hacienda!! NEGATIVES ??? Trying hard here, even the bread used at brekkie was high class, what can I get her on??? DAMN nothing!!! everything perfect

Room Tip: ssshh dont tell every one but a classic little bistro in stannes called olivers were you bring your...

WOW what can I say!!
You are very kind to have wrote such a nice long review.
It is nice to know our efforts are not missed! lol
I look forward to seeing you both again.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We have stayed in Blackpool before but we could not stay at the same B&B so thought we would try this one. It was lovely, the rooms are of a good size and very comfortable, together with a decent bathroom. Will definitely return when in Blackpool again.

I loved the bar area, very chic. Breakfast, well you couldn't ask for anything better. Would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hi

Thank you for your review.
As ever it is very nice to have positive feed back.
I look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

When I think of B&B I don't have the best thoughts, however this one exceeded my expectations greatly!

There's an instant welcoming feeling by the host as you walk and and its presented beautifully.

I was told I had the smaller room which dampened my spirits but they were immediately lifted when I walked in. It's of decent size and again very well presented. Crisp white sheets and a decent tv, hair dryer and straighteners (result!) and the bathroom come wet-room... well If the bed wasn't so comfortable I'd have slept in the shower.

When we returned after an evening out at dinner I was surprised to see a 'secret' bar downstairs with a decent selection of spirits, whiskeys so on, and comfortable seating area.

Breakfast in the morning was lovely, a wide range of dishes from what we experienced were of very high standards.

I cannot sing The Redstone's Praises loud enough, and I will certainly be going back there when I return to Blackpool!

• Stayed: May 2013

Hi

So nice to hear you enjoyed everything we offer.
It is always a pleasure to read such lovely feed back.
I look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My second visit to The Redstone. my recent stay was a working holiday the location is central and very close to the main tram and bus service which suited my client as they have limited mobility.
we had a fabulous welcome our room was very comfortable lots of space ... Very high quality drinks and sundries available for free and always replenished each day for our convenience.
A well managed family business amazing hospitality.. The most amazing choice of breakfast absolutely spoilt for choice and the highest quality of fresh produce used at all times. Nothing was too much trouble and Hotelier even went out of her way to but me fresh grapefruits upon my request.
My client throughly enjoyed herself and her family visited they were also met with great hospitality and are even considering returning for a stay themselves and a treat for there son and daughter-in-law they were that impressed. Overall highly recommended hotel ..

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hi Joanne

Thank you for writing a review.
All your kind words are very much appreciated.
I look forward to your next stay.