“Great Weekend”

and 1 more site!
The Florida Hotel
Ranked #736 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed at the Florida Hotel for my friends Hen Weekend & had a great time. It was located close to the town centre & attractions so was ideal & the rooms were clean & comfortable. Great value for money, would stay there again

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chrissietbc

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Nice relaxing stay, friendly and helpful staff will stay again. Anice room and cleaned daily as u can tell and nice meals, will defo recommend to friends and family :-) close to shops an pubs an beach so saves money :-)

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with friends in december for a cheeky weekend. It was lovely the couple (leah and stu) running it were helpful and polite telling us everything we needed to know. Room was lovely and clean with nice comfy beds and fresh towels... Breakfast was a great hangover cure. All in all a very nice place and will defo be returning in the summer... Thanks leah and stu.. Keep up the goid work ;))

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank chilli-brooke
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Excellent location near to town. Clean room+friendly staff..plus a really good breakfast included. Very clean rooms+value for money. I would definitely book here again next year..perfect for stag+hen do's xx

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 13, 2014

we booked to stay at the B & B as everywhere else was fully booked (oviously know why this B&B was not full now) as it was the worst night sleep i have ever had, the room was freezing and the double beds are like a single bed there that small, the floors were all dirty so had to keep my shoes on, when we were leaving we didnt know where to put the keys as we didnt want to leave them just anywhere, the lady who runs it was rude and just took them off us not even a smile from her after returning home from the hell hole i discovered the place took an extra £30 pound out of my Bank account without my authorisation i am appauled, would not ever return there!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Becky S
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Well I totally believe in pay for what u get but Jesus this took the biscuit! I don't think I hAve ever stayed in anything quite like this! The male owner was helpful an friendly I won't fault that! But the cleanliness of the hotel really let's this down! We went in the room and I thought oh dear god the decor is poor which wouldn't have bothered me if the hotel was clean with it! We arrived quite late so got straight ready to go out! We had dirty towels left on the bed which were folded for us to use but looked disgusting! I would rather have not even had a shower if it meant using one of them to dry with! God knows what was on it wouldn't even like to imagine! Then the walls are filthy aswell all sorts of stains up them again wouldn't like to even imagine what's on them disgusting to even think this room hasn't or if so was poorly cleaned there was a picture above the bed which had all dirt scum and stains on! The bed sheets had stains in and we all slept on top of them as we didn't know what the hell we was sharing a bed with! The floors hadn't even been hovered I had to tread on someone else's left over food which made me feel sick! It's a shame as the price included breakfast but after the state of the room i didn't even want to have breakfast there as we couldn't wait to get out I think I would have rather slept on the bench outside would have probably been a lot cleaner on the pavement even outside! This hotel needs a serious refurb and employ better cleaners that's what really lets it down!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Jenaveve23456
LeahHansonCampbell, Owner at The Florida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

my response to this is you must be talking about another hotel because all our towels are professionally cleaned and me and my partner cleaned those rooms ourselves so I know they were acceptable to let out. Upon stripping the bedding from the rooms ready to send off to be cleaned I found the room to be in a disgusting mess. It looked like there had been a food explosion all over the place. One of the worst rooms iv come across that iv had to clean after guests have vacated.Total disrespect for the place.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Me & a group of friends decided to stay here New Year's Eve as a last minute plan..think we would of been better off sleeping rough!! I do NOT know where to start!! It's beyond filthy...the floors look
Like they've never seen a Hoover, dirty beds,dirty towels, filthy walls ( people who have stayed there before's snot, blood,drink) after seeing all this we decided NOT to go down for breakfast as we decided if they dont know how to clean a carpet they wont know how to clean a plate!!!absolutely disgusting!! I'd never recommended to stay here ever not even if you were desperate,the rooms are so small you couldn't even swing a kitten let a lone a cat...there isn't one good thing I could say about this 'hotel' i won't be surprised if me and my friends have caught something from this hellhole!! If you know what's good for you...you won't stay here!!!

• Stayed: January 2014