“Not very clean at all”

Royal Vincent Hotel
Ranked #798 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
“Not very clean at all”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The cleanliness was dreadful. The walls were dirty sheets dirty. No curtains and a lot of disruption. Would not recommend during the night. The only good thing I can think of is the location itself. It wasvery close to the sea front. There was also no car park at all so I had to pay at the pay and display car park near the sea front.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

When we booked here we were more than aware that it would be basic, we just needed a bed for the night so we could attend our Graduation Ball at the Tower. We were checked in and sent to our first room, where the door handle pretty much fell off and the door didn't lock. We were then moved into another room where we had to fight with the door to open and close it. In this room a draw came off in my friends hand and the floor was sloping very badly. I understand it's an old house but some things need to be maintained such as doors! A while later I had a phone call from the BandB telling me that I'd not made a booking.... 1)Why let someone into a room if you don't think they've booked? 2) I'd offered to show my booking confirmation on arrival and was refused. 3) They need to improve their systems as there was paper everywhere, the only reason this mistake was noticed was because a friend of mine was checking in and it seemed my info has got attached to her booking and she pointed it out! As for the room itself the bed was very very uncomfortable, no chance of a good nights sleep.

I realise we didn't pay much and we were expecting something basic, all we needed was somewhere to lay our heads for the night- we barely even got that.

Room Tip: Pick a different B&B!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My friend booked this and after reading reviews I was dreading it. We went as two couples for a night out and this hotel was perfect for it. It was extremely clean and smelt fresh, always a bonus. The rooms are very basic but you get what you pay for. The bad thing in our room was the sloping floor but not a lot can be done about that!! It has a bar and pool tables with a large seating area. The staff were lovely and I would definitely stay there again for this type of trip.

I would not take families there but great for a base for a night out. The only reason I gave very good and not excellent is the breakfast is continental with a charge for a cooked and the serving times end at half 9 a little early for me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank isisdianna
Maryport, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My sister and i decided to take her grandchildren away for the weekend. It was an on the spot decision and after searching online for somewhere cheap and central we booked into the Royal Vincent. Friendly greeting when we arrived to check in, owner and staff very polite and helpful. The room was a bit on the small side but we only went in there to sleep so didnt see it as a problem, it was clean and tidy and that to me is wot matters. Breakfast is continental but you can have as much as you like, or for a small cost you can have a full english. I didnt go for that option but did see some people getting them and they looked well worth the cost.

Would deffo stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank ann s
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed there as a couple on our first anniversary and wanted something cheap, cheerful and British. The owners were Turkish with Polish staff and they were lovely, but it was sad what they have decided to do with the place. It's fallen into a bad state and there's still a club room from its heyday in the 70s with a stage, glitter curtain, bar and machines. We spent all of our evenings in here, thinking about what it would have been like, enjoying the free juke box and pool table that the owners sorted out for us.
They really couldn't do enough for us. One Turkish member of staff gave us Turkish sweets and when we said we liked them he kept giving us more. Lovely guy.
We went to Blackpool to see the sights, not to sit in the room so the tiny, pokey room which barely fit a double bed and a kettle didn't bother us at all. The shower was fine, there was a tv in the room and to be honest I'm not sure what else you need. We paid £12 a night and had a blimmin lovely time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Katie H
scottish
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed royal Vincent 26th apr-01 may 2013 which I would never ever of booked myself,well what can I say ( nothing good) the smell of damp was appalling on arrival we then got 2 rooms up in the attic which OMG but we got moved to lower floor which was ok I did not use the towels as I found them not very clean the bed OMG iv never slept in anything so lumpy in my life (and believe me I'm a frequent traveller) the shower/toilet is so tiny,damp and dirty,curtains had to be closed during my stay (which they did not fit) window was dirty cracked and so much crap outside of it it made my skin crawl,breakfast is defiantly not worth getting up for,staff try to be friendly enough but sorry guys never ever again in my life would I stay in your dump ever again...

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Depending on who I go away with depends on the criteria of how I search, in this case I was going away for the Young Farmers AGM which is basically a weekend of young people drinking. So all I was really interested in was how much it was going to cost me to sleep for literally a few hours in the early morning.

I'm not going to go on about how the shower didn't drain very well, the damp around the windows, the bed that had a uncomfortable peak in the centre or the bad laminate flooring job but I'm sure the plasterer must have thrown the plaster at the wall, the plastering was terrible [no, I am not a plasterer myself]

Anyway non of this was going to make me feel any better or worse when i awoke the next day [that may have been alcohol though] however my stay was topped off by a pleasant breakfast, I wasn't keen on paying extra for a full English though, I thought that was what every B&B offered in England!? if not this should be made more official!

The staff were okay as far as I was concerned, I don't want them to be my best mate so I didn't have a great deal to do with them, but they did their job in my eyes!

So in conclusion, not a bad stay for the price paid, the place is in no way luxury, but you are paying pence in reality, I've stayed in worse and will probably stay in worse in the future. Ideal for a Lad's weekend away. Avoid if you like to moan.

Room Tip: 24 wasn't great!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends