“Very poor, good location”

Royal Vincent Hotel
Ranked #813 of 860 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 21, 2013

On arrival, the exterior of the hotel was very off putting, hoping the inside would be slightly better we were very disappointed.
We knew we had booked a budget hotel at a cost of £33, but this was grim.
The lady at reception was welcoming and friendly and directed us to our room,this was a family rom of very poor standard, very tired and dated.
The room was very warm as the weather was bitterley cold, had a comfortable night, although the bed sheets are very ill fitting.
The breakfast room was un heated and the service was terrible, we understood that if we wanted a cooked breakfast we had to pay £3, on doing so the waitress had no change , so had to pay over the odds, when served the breakfast was cold, sent it back and was clearly just microwaved and brought back to us.
We will not be returning, this hotel is awful.

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed here with 9 of my friends last weekend I wasn't expecting much after reading reviews well what a suprise we had 2 quads and a double my room was 4 single beds otha double and bunkbed and a twin room was big beds clean towels clean wardrobe didn't hav a door on but did it matter ? No we paid 156 for 10 people what do people expect ? Breakfast was a lil early for us but most of us made it and enjoyed it toast cheese cereal tea coffee etc plenty plates and cuterly etc and hotel was nearly full ! Hotel staff were very nice helpful polite ! Only negative was that it was freezn in are room num 36 a wud say they need to put heating on thru night not in morning wen we were leaving altho we didn't complain am sure they wud hav sorted this for us we will deffo stay there again wen we come back to blackpool

• Stayed: February 2013
9  Thank bevsawood1972
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I booked this hotel before reading any reviews. Iv got to say when I read them I was worried about what it would be like. Anyway we were nicely surprised, the room was clean comfortable and lovely and warm. The staff were very polite and helpful. The location was great, so close to the shops and nightlife. What more can you ask. Well done to all the staff, you don't deserve all these awful reviews.

• Stayed: November 2012
9  Thank Trishafo
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was so shocked when I got here after reading all the terrible reviews.

My friend and I booked this and after reading the reviews on here afterwards we were ready to cancel, but we ended up going anyway and I'm glad we did.

The bedding and towels were clean and the rooms was heated with tea and coffee and a TV. What more do people expect for £12.50 a night inc breakfast. seriously?

The staff were really friendly and we called to say we wouldn't be there til 9 or 10 and I have a feeling that they may have waited up for us, but couldn't be sure.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for and I think this is really good value for money, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is just wanted a nice cheap place to stay for the weekend. but not to any snobs expecting somewhere really posh who is then going to come on here, complain give it a terrible rating which is doesn't deserve! If you are expecting the hilton then pay for it!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank lexydink
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked this room without reading any reviews as its being rated as 700 odd from about 800, i think thi is a bit harsh! yes its a bit out dated and could probably do with a "freshen up" but the Staff were Very friendly and it was a really clean Room and bathroom. Fresh towles and linen just what we were after for the two nights we stayed! at about £20 each per night with optional breakfast on top it was exactly as i expected. in all honesty for the location and price i will definately stay here agian, mabey not ideal for families or people looking for a bit of glamour but definately not as bad as some of the places ive stayed in blackpool! :)

Room Tip: I would immagine they were much the same, i only seen two of the rooms they both looked okay to me!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank L2YDN
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Spent two nights in half term in a twin room with my 11 yr old daughter. Expected cheap and cheerful as only cost £50 . The room was adequate beds comfy and sheets and towels clean. Location was excellent although not sure Blackpool itself is my thing these days. A bit of a dump of a town I'm afraid.
Breakfast was a disaster, not enough seats, not enough food and the waitress couldn't keep up with demand for orange juice. Hotel was busy due to half term and some clientele wanted to eat their money's worth. Parking cost £15 nearby and breakfast bought out two days cost £17. So a better hotel would have been worth it. Too basic for me this hotel.
On a positive my daughter loved Blackpool, tat, chavs , greasy food and all. I was glad to get home.

Room Tip: Don't bother lots of better guesthouses in Blackpool spend a fiver more !
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

stayed here for 2 nights and i must say i was Surprised with what i found.the hotel is in a great location for beach and shops, the hotel itself decor was a bit outdated but its a large building and im aware they are redecorating. Our room was small and compact with basic decor, the en-suit was small but did the job,our towels were changed on second day and coffee and tea facilities to.but to be honest how long do you stay in the room as you are on holiday! the staff we found very helpful and polite one big bonus about this hotel was that we could leave our luggage after checkout and collect later when ready to go home. the breakfast was small but ,what can you expect for 12.50 pp a night, but due to either understaffed or over guests we did run out of plates,glasses, knifes but when on asking they did bring them out, one big thankyou was on asking for pepper the waitress did go out of her way to get it so thanks again.i must say for the price this hotel it did the job and i will be returning in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2012