“OK food good service”

Bella Italia Blackpool Church Street
Ranked #21 of 738 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Found close to the famous beachside promenade of Blackpool, Bella Italia on Blackpool's Church Street offers good quality Italian food at more than reasonable prices. Part of the nationwide chain of Bella Italia restaurants, this Church Street outlet in the very heart of Blackpool is always busy, attracting both locals and visitors in equal measure. The wide and varied menu offers a whole host of dishes such as 'Penne Marco Polo' (duck breast in plum sauce with mushrooms, spring onions and penne pasta) or the 'Pollo Piccantina' pizza (topped with sweet roasted peppers, spicy chicken breast, smoked mozzarella, onions and fresh chillies). Seating just over 100, Bella Italia Blackpool Church Street is able to accommodate large groups for a fun evening, but also has smaller tables for a more intimate occasion.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“OK food good service”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

In Blackpool visiting my daughter - table for 3 on a Monday night. Restaurant half full and quickly shown to a table. The menu was hardly inspirational but I suppose it is a chain restaurant. The service we received from the young lady was excellent but the food was at best average. Garlic bread to share to start was OK. I ordered a pizza for my main which was OK but nothing to write home about, my wife and daughter both had different pasta dishes with the general opinion of being average. Won't make me visit again and certainly not the cheapest of meals

• Visited July 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“retsasiD”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Please check the title'not a spelling mistake
Was looking for somewhere nice to go on our first day in black pool seen a special menu in the restaurants window,so gave it a go
Myself and partner had pasta Romana and chicken parma burger for the main course it took a while but God knows why there was hardly enough of it??
My partner was very disappointed in her pasta and my parma burger was not up to much either
And at the end of the meal they gave me the wrong bill??
Will not be back ,avoid if you can

• Visited July 2013
Greenock, United Kingdom
“Right amount of everything”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I write this review as i can see that my contributions seems to be me moaning a lot about poor food and or service. So i am delighted to offer a positive contribution.

Well what a fantastic find that I narrowly missed losing out on. My friend and I were in Blackpool looking for something a decent (i am a picky vegetarian that will not settle for the run of the muck normally afforded to vegetarians at grossly inflated prices). So I can always count on Italian to provide something I can and enjoy i.e something that not a bland vegi burger.

I decided I wanted a pizza and my friend pasta. Preferably we wanted to go to family run est. but we decided fairly quickly that beggars cant be choosers when we came to a fork in our path. Bella Italia or its neighbour Pizza hut. Both chain restaurants selling Italia food. For some reason we decided on Pizza Hut and when we found the service cold and commercial we turned on our heals and went to Bella Itailia. Well I am so glad I did and given a choice again it will win. What a different story. We were welcomed as friends, upbeat music, and fantastic food. I had the Calzone Legume, it was fantastic just the right amount of everything. My friend had Pollo alla Crema, which she was still taking about the next day. Only one issue , I ordered a side of olives which they forgot, which I was happy about anyway because there was no room for them. Its funny how things like that become small minor -easily forgiven- issues when everything else is perfect.

• Visited June 2013
“Nice food and good service”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Service good with friendly and smiling waitress's. food nice and as ordered. Waiting time a little long but restaurant was packed out. Can't believe some of the publics bad attitude to head waitress- it was Saturday night and they hadn't booked- it's a popular place- so bloody book!

Visited May 2013
“Rude rude service!!!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

After pre booking tables for 22 people and ringing the restaurant hours early to pre order our meal as we were such a large group, we still waited over 30 mins to be served! The food was ok but not very hot, all of the group had received there meal apart from 2 of our group who had to wait an additional 10 mins by which time some of there table had waited and there food had gone cold!!! The total bill was £264 the restaurant then added an additional £30 service charge which the group were not happy to pay! I told the waiter we were not paying the service charge and he flipped, calling us rude customers and he said we reserved your tables and could have been making money! There was a tip which was around £8 and i was told to stick it!! I then asked who the manager was and a small guy with dark hair said its me why what's your problem, i explained his waiter was rude and he just shrugged!! POOR POOR SERVICE, poor poor management!! Good job i wasn't a secret shopper!!!

• Visited May 2013