“great place to stay”

Ranked #673 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
macclesfiled
“great place to stay”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I first stayed at the the moors on my birthday 4ys ago... i have stayed there every yr since.. i love it.. I recommended it to all,,, my friends have also enjoyed there stay there and will, stay there again....i have stayed in many hotels from 3* to 5*... i cant fault the moors in anyway..no its not a 5* but the service i get is far better than any 5* hotel that i have ever stayed in... i have read some of the bad reviews and really can say, what a load of rubbish... the place does not smell of cat wee... i have never had cups with chips or cracks..where they see wall paper hanging of the walls i dont know? i have stayed in more than one room with my husband and have never seen the paper falling of or ever stayed in a dirty room... maybe people who have were on drugs and seeing things? i am shocked at some of the awful comments. dirty... NO... smelly...NO ....service fantastic.. my husband and i always have breakfast and evening meal, its really lovely i can not fault any of the food that has been served... it nicer than you get at the 5*.. i go for my birthday every yr and will continue to do so, i love it.. i am always made to feel welcome and special... Ian and Terry are both very friendly... i have a very relaxing and enjoyable stay everytime... ...i cant thank them enough for the wonderful stays i have had there with them, there hospitality is second to none....will i be going again... I certainly will..its clean, friendly and the food is ex.. Ian and Terry i thank you so very much for adding enjoyment to my stay in blackpool... well done for all your hard work and being such wonderful host and making us feel so welcome.... my rating 110/100.. see you next yr :))) from Beryl and less

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2012

hi stayed at the moores yesterday 17/08/12,what a lovely hotel this is stayed here before but first time ive discovered trip advisor to tell everyone about it.Very nice welcome from Ian and .........,very clean and well kept.My suite was amazing en-suite lovely comfortable and warm bed was like a home from home,same again very clean,i would recommend the moores to anyone coming to blackpool its very close to the prom,the shops and train station.

Room Tip: all suites are quality comfortable and good value for money
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank sammy n
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Just had a lovely weekend in Blackpool and once again stayed at the very friendly Moores BnB. After reading the last two reviews I am shocked how nasty they have made this BnB sound. Yes, it's not a luxury 5* hotel it simply is what it says on the tin! Fantastic service, iron and fan brought to the room, extra towels and sun cream as I burnt my back, all brought with a smile. The rooms are simple but clean, some refurbished and some dated due to be refurbished. There is no wallpaper hanging off walls and I checked cups in three rooms and not one was chipped. The breakfast is great, cereal, toast and the full monty English fry up, very nice! The owner Ian came around and asked if everyone was ok, all guests were happy. There is NO smell of cat urine, this is ludicrous to say this but you do get a smell of cooking in the entrance, why? Because its just where they have cooked 20 breakfasts! To conclude, a basic BnB with a 5* friendly service. If you want a refurbished room, please ask. If they can give you one, they will. Thank you Ian for a lovely weekend and we will see you in three weeks for August Bank Holiday with our friends. Lisa n Nick.

• Stayed August 2012
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Going to the darts on the Saturday night we fought we would stay over and make a weekend of it. I wish we hadn't. Where to start, there is a joined combo smell of cat wee and fried food when you walk through the door. The deco is strange with everything covered up with drying laundry in the bar and lounge area. Our room had more stains on the carpet that you could imagine (we were scared to take our socks off in case we stood on something!!!!) Wall paper was hanging off the wall, the bathroom was rusty with taps that spun the whole way round when you turned them on. Oh yer also no hot water for a shower before we went out on the sat night!!! Nice one!!!. Even the mugs in the room for drinks were chipped at stained. As soon as we got up in the morning we checked out and went elsewhere for breakfast because if the breaky was anything like the B and B we could have been in a whole world of trouble!!!. We would defo not return to this place if it was free never mind £60 a room

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mandsrod

Travelers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Myself and some friends stayed here and I must say it was the worst hotel/ b&b I have ever visited. On walking in the whole place is dark and dingy. There were piles of papers, bedding and just general things piled up everywhere. There was a horrific smell of old cook fat lingering in the air. We went to our room and I was so shocked and upset and nearly cried. The photos that the owners have put up are a con, I'm sure they must have refurbed some rooms as the pics look good and one of our friends had one of the "nicer" rooms. Ours just looked like a 1930's throwback with ripped wallpaper, chipped cups and filthy curtains. The carpet was covered in disgusting stains and I didn't remove my shoes in the room. The bathroom was pink and the shower was mouldy. We went to have a shower at night and there wasn't any hot water! We decided to get changed and get the hell out of there for our night. I asked the owner on they way out if he could cook me scrambled eggs with my breakfast as i am pregnant and he said no as it would ground everything to a holt!
When we got in from our night out we were greeted my the cats that seemed to have freedom of the dining area.
We went to bed and got woken up at 7.30 by the owners car alarm going off outside our room. My husband was so angry and disgusted that we just got up, packed our bags and checked out. We told the owner 45 mins before our due breakfast time that we would not be staying for breakfast so he wouldn't waste his food but to told that it was too late as it was already cooked....... We were so pleased not to eat there as my husband was worried I would get sick!
Avoid this place with all costs. It's a complete disgrace that they charged us £60 for such a filthy old room. Never ever again!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Salmattrod
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed in this B&B after our usual one was fully booked. We were not disappointed and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The owners were very very friendly and helpful. We had forgotten to print tickets for a show we were seeing that evening and they sorted it out for us within half an hour of asking which was very much appreciated.

The rooms and hotel generally were very clean and the beds... well lets just say I did not want to get out of it the next morning. Quite possibly the most comfortable bed I have stayed in, apart from my own!!

We had breakfast which we found to be of a very high standard (on par with 5*). They also do dinner, which we regret not having after we were told what was on the menu, it sounded delicious.

Overall, 10/10 and we will be returning to this hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank John B
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2012

It was Saturday night and although the area was busy I seemed to be the only person staying and after seeing my room it was easy to see why, the lounge area was a total tip, you couldn't sit down as every seat was covered in laundry, newspapers cats and and cat.hairs It was supposed to be a large room,you'd have had a job to swing said cat !The bathroom was filthy and the shower looked like it hadn't had a proper clean for months. I also noticed that the fire escape was blocked by a car parked up against the door so it could also be very a very dangerous fire trap in an emergency. There are hundreds of other places to stay in Blackpool dont make the same mistake as me and chose this one!

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo