All reviewsmoores hotelstayed hereplenty of storagevery pleasant staylocation is greatper nightfunny girlswould stay here againtoastweekend breakother guestsnothing too much troublelovely hotelcannot faultcooked breakfastiansuite
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I read the reviews about various hotels in Blackpool and decided on this hotel based on the other reviews you have probably just read. For you information I am a 40 something year old, happily married, straight male.

The purpose of my visit was to have a night away from home to crossdress and to see if I dare go out in public for the first time. I was nervous about this, leaving it till last minute, I decided to try book online on the night before I wanted to go. I filled in an online form and asked about parking and some other questions too.
After about half an hour no online reply. Oh well , I thought, they must be busy. 10 minutes later Ian rang back and had read my online request. He was very understanding about my nervousness and said that I was more than welcome to come and stay , but there was no other CD/TV/TG people there. I took the plunge ended up booking online later that evening.

Ian rang me again the next morning and recognised my voice and apologised about the small room the automated booking service had allocated me, but promised to find me a larger room if he could.

On arrival , I found it to be a traditional B+B with axminster carpets and plenty of pot plants and ornaments etc. as I waited in the lounge. It wasn't just your usual "here's your keys... your rooms on the 4th floor" but a warm welcome and chat about me and my visit.. Ian likes to know the people who are staying in his hotel and that it can meet their expectations.

I did end up with a small room as someone else had booked the remaining room the previous evening. This was not a problem for me. The room although small had a double bed with plenty of storage. It was quite contemporary and the bed was immaculately made with white cotton sheets, I was more than pleased with it . The ensuite had a shower which proved to be powerfull and again was contemporary with a slate tiled floor and a usefull mirror light. All spotless. Ian even brought in a full length mirror later, as offered earlier.

Ian ( and Terry ) explained about the locality , which yes, is in the gay area, but that should not put anyone off because it has a selection of bars and clubs for everyone. The streets outside are not overly busy in the evening and the people I saw where walking to their destinations in couples or small groups, but not large rowdy ones.

The rest of this review is about my evening, but I hope that this gives you a good idea of the friendliness of this hotel.

After walking around the area late in the afternoon to get my bearings, I went back to the hotel and over a drink at the bar had a further chat with Ian and Terry. Ian said that if I was going to dress in my room he would let me know when the hotel was empty and I could come downstairs if I wanted to. This was agreed , but as it turned out it was going on midnight as a group that were staying decided to drink in the bar downstairs before going clubbing.

Ian knocked on the door and said that there was still a couple in the bar but he was sure they wouldn't mind me coming down. I nerviously followed him down and stood in the bar, dressed in public for the first time. I asked for a glass of wine and before I knew it I was sitting at the table with the couple who very kindly asked me to join them. Ian and Terry were about and joined in the conversation. A regular guest , a mid 20's lad came in to the bar for a drink to take to his room and didn't bat an eyelid. Later, a family group returned from their evening out, for a nightcap. Again, none of them batted an eyelid.

As everyone was turning in Ian asked if I was going to venure out. After the previously consumed several glasses of wine and complete assurance by Ian and Terry that no one would give me a second look in the "flying handbag" I decide to go. Knowing that it was less than 2 minutes walk away also gave me confidence.

I went and had a great time ( maybe I'll write a review about them ) I returned about 4.00 am ! and slept like log in that bed !

All in all, I had a great stay and my visit was a success due to all of the things I have described.

What ever the reason for your stay, I'm sure you would be happy.

I will be going back.

JoAnne ( sometimes )

PS. the breakfast was cooked to perfection.

Room Tip: Best to ring and book , rather than automatic allocation online.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank JoAnne998
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Superb, clean, friendly owners, good value for money B&B. Best of all in a great location.
Nothing was too much trouble, very accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to anybody.

Want all of the above then look no further!!
Thanks for making our weekend a one to remember, for all the right reasons.
Oh and not forget the massive tasty breakfast!!

Stu from the Isle of Man

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stuart20118
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Great tidy little hotel with fantastic breakfast. The owners we're very helpful and accommodating, and they made our trip. The rooms we're very clean, and the main town and amenities we're only a short walk away.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times as a tourist of blackpool - i live west midlands. Ian is the consumate proprietor and gives his attention to all residents, making every endeavour to ensure their well being and pleasant stay.
The hotel is very clean, tidy and exceptionally comfortable.
I am a very normal chap and the hotel caters for just normal n decent people.
The breakfast is an English breakfast and very nice. Ian is assisted by Terry who is also a nice chap.i recommend a visit there - its handy for theatre n clubs

I AM PETER A GORING

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Being a party of straight people, we were a bit alarmed to find this hotel was in the heart of the gay community.
No need, it was one of the best hotels we have stayed at, and we travel all over the country.
The hosts were great, the food excellent and the rooms delightful.
Straight, gay or transsexual, we would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business