“Tired & dated”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Tired & dated”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I would compare the welcome at the hilton blackpool to what I would expect at a police station having been arrested on suspicion of a petty crime. Honestly talk about unsuited to the job !So bad we just had to laugh!
The opposite could be said about any other staff encoutered. All seemed lovely and chatty.
Good big bed however in a dated room with quite a miserable looking bathroom.1 teabag and 3 uht milks and a about 10 coffees/and or fruit teas.
Although the front of the hotel faces on to car park our room was up a few floors and corridor out like a flag from the main front so had a nice sea view.
Went for breakfast at 1030 so missed any queues, food still warm and staff accomodating.
Overall if in blackpool again ill give somewhere else my £100 as it just overall seems grubby.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ckayone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (795)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Reviewed February 19, 2014

had our christmas party here and after ordering 3 glasses of house wine we asked for the cost and he said he would find out as he was new.he never came back with the price and when we got the bill through we had been charged £12 a glass.the restaurant manager was called and he said we had not ordered the house wine but a more expensive one.he said the wine list was on the table(underneath the bread roll tray)so we couldnt see it.after argueing with the manager for 30 minutes we gave up and paid the bill.will never return and if you go beware they dont rip you off!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank andy h

Travelers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2014

stayed here for the valentines weekend like w do every year and done so for the last 8 years,but never again
the hotel looks run down,dirty and smelly,we informed them it was our anniversary they did nothing at all,dreadful
we booked breakfast and evening meal we where never offered the valentines meal when other people where,the carvery was cold the only thing we could eat was the meat,there wasn't many choices for desserts eithor this year,hilton are really scraping and penny pinching
the manager was not helpful with my complaint at all tried to fob me of with a rose from the day before
will never stay here again hilton ruined our anniversary weekend.

Room Tip: dont stay here not worth the money
3 Thank sharonam2014
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed here for a works do in December. The room its self was nice but room service was shocking. Didn't get enough milk with my Breakfast when I rang down and asked for some more I waited and never received any! When I tried to ring down again the phone was ringing and ringing so gave up in the end and attempted to have Black Tea... Couldn't go down myself as I was not dressed or showered at this point. On checking out I noticed I had been charged twice for the shoddy room service but this was quickly rectified with no apology. On the plus side the works do was good and the food was lovely also the room was nice and we have had some great stays on previous occasions so would come back but will go down for Breakfast next time!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chun88
Alicante, Spain
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Today I had Sunday lunch at the Hilton Blackpool.I had made the reservation on Thursday & judging by the amount of people there i'm glad that I had.I'd booked for 2pm arriving on time.I was acknowledged within seconds.I was guided to my table whilst being advised the format for lunch.(I had been asked if it was my first time for Sunday lunch at the hotel) The wine list was left for my perusal & iced water was served,nice touch.The Soup (Carrot & Chive) was served to the table with fresh rolls.Sliced butter,not pats was already on the table (old fashioned class) The rest of the meal was buffet.I had good quality Smoked Salmon my partner Pasta.For the main there was a very good choice including Vegi.We both went for Beef. This was very tender & sliced in front of us by a smiling young man in super clean Chef Whites,Okey the jackets are black at the Hilton but they're still called whites! We served ourselves with the veg.All were cooked Al dente & accompanied by creamy 'proper' Mash. The Yorkshire Pudding was large and crispy by the way. Our offer also included Bucks Fizz ! This was followed with Pecan Brittle Cheesecake for me & Red berry Bavaoir for my partner,Jugs of double cream at hand. This was my mistake because od ing on cream I had no room for the Cheese & Biscuits.It looked great but I was beaten, So only Coffee..The food very good,Service really was first class, If I have to find a bad point it would be the Coffee. Typical English/American crap.....Will I go back yes,yes,yes..A great experience unbeatable value.....

Room Tip: I ate as a non resident
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Where do I start...I took my partner for a one nite stay valentines night...we walked into the room...to a smell of what I can only describe as sewage... We then put the kettle on after a long journey...and the water ..after it had boiled tasted like chlorine... Limescale around the shower head...and rust on the tiles above the bath coming from the metal railings...i have stayed in plenty of Hilton hotels...but Blackpool I'm sorry...needs updating for the prices They charge.... It was a 12 o'clock check out...and were woken by knocking from house keeping at 08.30am.... Walls were paper thin...we could here the conversion from the guests that were nxt door.... Sorry but very disappointed with this hotel...

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank familygirl1975
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Having read some of the reviews on this site & noted the hotel's relatively low ranking, I felt compelled to add my honest opinion.
My wife & I had an absolutely fantastic stay - the rooms and facilities are excellent (the beds are amazing and you'll have no problems finding a parking space), the breakfast choice won't be bettered in Blackpool (nor will your tea/coffee and juice arrive quicker!) and the lounge areas are very welcoming & comfortable; however, what has left a lasting impression with us was the quality of customer service. Absolutely every member of staff was professional, polite, customer focused and helpful.
As we commented at checkout, from now on, we will only being staying at the Hilton on our frequent visits to Blackpool.