I stayed in July 2008 paying £78 b&b (conference delegate rate).
Overall better than I expected, much of the interior has been re-furbished and feels almost plush in places.
- Upper floor rooms have good view over the sea
- Good breakfast
- Generally well-staffed
- Reasonable value for money
- Comfortable feel
- A brutally ugly building which typifies the continuing arrogance of some of the large hotel groups
- Some staff 'blind' to rubbish and mess, i.e. the bar staff cleared empty glasses off tables but left crisp wrappers etc.
- Inconsiderate smokers always loitering by the entrance
- Chaotic check-in
- Request for wake-up call and newspaper ignored or forgotten
- Some rooms are above the cabaret area which continues into the small hours
- Bar drinks very expensive
A colleague also staying at the hotel advised that a rather loud 'session' involving 4 consenting adults in the adjacent room went on until 4.30am and it took repeated requests for the Hotel management to intervene.
Even in the middle of July there is barely a blade of grass to be seen block after block along the front - Blackpool as a whole remains, regrettably, a grim and un-inspiring place to visit and extensive re-working of the sea wall defences means much of the promenade has long-term building work going on.More
- Free Wifi