“Pleasantly surprised”

Hilton Blackpool Hotel
Ranked #36 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had booked using some loyalty points for 2 nights over the August Bank Holiday weekend and did not have great expectations following some of the reviews I had read.
We arived and were warmly greeted at reception and were immediately checked in. Other guests were waitng for available rooms but ours was ready. It was a lovely room and had I think been recently refurbished. My only comment on it was that it was opposite the lift lobby so we could hear in the mornings people (mostly young children) on their way to breakfast but this was not really an issue.
We were pleasantly surprised also to receive in our room a birthday card and 2 free drinks vouchers for my hisband's birthday - a lovely touch!
We took advantage of the discounted breakfast vouchers at reception - £9.95 each instead of £14 if purchased in the restaurant. The breakfast was actually good quality - and I travel a lot both in the UK and across the World for work so feel I am qualified to judge - as my waistline also shows, I have a lot of hotel breakfasts. The choice was good and the food was fresh and replenished frequently.
All staff we encountered were helpful and friendly and this was appreciated.
The Hilton is also situated in a good location - the sea view from our bedroom was lovely, and walking that bit out from the town centre means you are not troubled by rowdy revellers.
All in all although I have stayed in posher Hiltons, I thought the one in Blackpool was good and had no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
PA_HiltonBlackpool, General Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

I was pleased to see you enjoyed the hotel services and facilities we have to offer and received a warm welcome from Reception. It is nice to hear that the staff acknowledged your husbands birthday, and you took advantage of the discounted breakfast vouchers on offer. Thank you for your feedback this is most important to us. Nick Taylor, General lManager

There are newer reviews for Hilton Blackpool Hotel

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I,<both in our 60s> like to use Hilton hotels where ever we go around the world and have found that all part of the same brand they vary in service etc
Well Hilton the management have got this one right I can not find one single fault with this hotel,from your reception knowing you could use pensioner bus passes on the busses and trams
to the breakfast staff getting some poached eggs cooked to perfection for my wife,taking notice of requests for upper floors away from lifts,
to be honest I could go on extolling this hotel but all I can say is thank you

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank geordiemagpie

It was nice to hear you enjoyed your stay and all of your special requests were met. Thank you for your positive feedback, this is most important to us.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

very helpful staff, roons quite and clean. breakfast very good.£5 for car parking should be not apply as there is plenty of car parking around the area.
the room had a fantastic view of the beach and tower. no fridge in the room was not fair as on a hot day we could not cool our drinks.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

It was pleasing to hear you had a good stay and enjoyed the hotel services and faciltiies we have to offer, particulary the room with a sea view, and the staff provided a great sercvice for you. Thank you for your feedback this is most important to us Nick Taylor, General Manager

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a super hotel with a beautifully trained staff. The food was excellent and the dining room staff really looked after you. I saw some of the poor reviews on the rooms but I had two different rooms on successive nights and they were both spotless and there was nothing wrong with either.

In short an excellent hotel by any standards, I would highly recommend it and would gladly stay in it anytime I was in the area.

Michael Grimes

Room Tip: Ask for promenade view and floor 6 or higher.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments, I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and you rated us one of the Best Hiltons in the world. It is pleasing to know you had such a good stay and the staff provided a great service for you. Thanks for your feedback this is most important to us. Nick Taylor, General Manager

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've stayed in numerous Hilton hotels across the world, and they vary hugely in quality. This is on the lower end of the scale ... but this is Blackpool, so I didn't expect too much anyway.

That said, the staff were efficient and helpful. The room was just OK for a family of four, if a little tatty. The fold down bunk beds looked very old and a little dangerous .... but we managed. The biggest issue was that we could hear everything that was said in the room next door, and also the room above us. We did call reception a number of times and they did their best but we did have to listen to a loud oafish type shouting over the already loud TV whose vocabularly was liberally interspersed with the F word pretty much all night.

On the upside, the breakfast was very good. I really couldn't fault it, and I got to see some of the biggest beer bellies I have ever seen at the buffet ... and that was just the women ;-)

Overall a decent option in Blackpool if you need a room large enough for a family.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Offers range of things to do and for convenience such as gym, pool, range of food choice for breakfast and bar. There are also some discounts on offer for the attractions in Blackpool which are well worth taking advantage of. It is close to the sea and designed so that most rooms offer a sea view. There are also week day prices that offer value.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I was pleased to hear you enjoyed most of the hotel services and facilities we have to offer and the staff provided a great service for you. I was concerned to hear you were disturbed by guests in a neigbouring room. We do expect all of our guests to be courteous and respect their fellow guests and this has clearly not happened on this occasion. I am sorry this disturbed your sleep. Thank you for your feedback this is most imporant to us. Nick Taylor, General Manager

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Large,clean hotel. Very good car park (£5 extra) It would be nice to have an all inclusive price although to be fair we were paying a good offer price. The room was a reasonable size and had a good view over the sea and north prom. Only problem there was the window didn't open and there is no air conditioning so very stuffy and too warm. Found it difficult to get to sleep between lack of air and noisy people in corridor during early hours.
The breakfast was one of the better Hilton breakfasts apart from the wait at the toasting machine. The staff were pleasant and the young man helping with luggage at the exit to the car park was very helpful.