Norbreck Castle Hotel
  • Restaurant
The Cliffs Hotel(Blackpool)
  • Pool
6,228 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2006

after reading some of the previous horror stories my friends and i (4 couples in our party)set off not knowing what to expect.
on arrival on the friday afternoon the place was packed.but within 15 minutes we were checked in and on our way to our rooms.all of our rooms were spotless,spacious,and very comfortable.
the food was delicious.the service was good and all in all we had a great time.
my advice to all is,if you get a good deal in this hotel then try it.my friends and i will certainly return

4  Thank mull71
Reviewed February 22, 2006

Having read some of the previous reviews we were very dobtful about staying here; however as my wife had happy childhood memories of Blackpool (40+ years ago) we decided to take a gamble. We have stayed in dozens of hotels around the world - this was not the worst! Although not our usual standard of accomodation we were somewhat relieved to find it was not the "vomit rdden hell" we might have expected. It certainly has a niche clientele who seemed to be having a great time. We 'enjoyed' a one night stop over, including a dismal evening meal and great breakfast - but what do you expect for the price? If we return to Blackpool we won't be staying at the Norbreck; but at least they don't pretend to be anything other than a value for money, mass catering establishment.

3  Thank DCRNottingham
A TripAdvisor Member
Liverpool
Reviewed February 20, 2006

We arrived here expecting it to be a great hotel but boy were we disappointed! Our first room had an adjoining door with a wardrobe placed in front of it and we could hear every single thing next door. On complaining about this room we were allocated a second room which had not been cleaned since the previous occupant had left. Our third room allocation we could not access with the key and so we had to make another trip to the reception to ask for assistance. All rooms which we were allocated were of very low standard and not clean. Public areas were also of low standard and the whole hotel smelt of smoke, even though we had asked for a non smoking room we could clearly smell cigarettes in our accomodation. We also had a leak coming from the above room in to the bathroom and running down the walls. This was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in and we have stayed in many.

• Stayed: February 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 18, 2006

having read the reviews prior to going to the hotel ,i have to admit i was not looking forward to this experience.arrived at 3pm ,parking was easy,reception was clean and inviting as were the reception staff.had abit of a treck to our room but what do you expect in a 480 room hotel.i am sure that if i had required assistance with my baggage it would have been available.if you want your room at the top of the stairs go to bettys B&B.Entertainment on both nights of our stay were great.my 14 year old son was kept entertained with the hotels cinema,arcade,pool room & pool,only ever saw him at meal times and bed time.i am already going to book for the illuminations in september,not bad as we have only been home an hour.As for the all inclusive drinks in our package what more can i say

1  Thank BALDEAGLE1
A TripAdvisor Member
Stockport, Cheshire
Reviewed February 11, 2006

I booked a nights stay at this hotel as a suprise Valentine's gift for my fiance. By the end of the stay I felt awful for giving him such a bad present.

We arrived at the hotel at around 8.30pm and could not park for love nor money. Check in went well I have to say - the receptionist was wonderful. He was really friendly and explained where everything we would need was.

The long walk to our room (at the other end of the hotel) took us through the middle of a very busy, very smoky bar. The room seemed okay at first glance, but stank of smoke and was a disabled room - everything in the bathroom was at low level, there was no bath and the shower wasn't enclosed (so if you used it, the floor got flooded).

This also caused problems when my clumsy fiance pulled the alarm cord!

All of these we could make the best of. Breakfast in the morning was the last straw. None of the waiters we found could speak english, so when we asked for knives & forks and coffee, we were just sort of gestured at to sit somewhere else. We had to find clean cutlery from all the dirty tables that hadn't been cleared.

When we finally found someone who knew what we meant by coffee, he told us 'that's coffee', pointing at the empty table next to us and the thermos the last occupants had left. We had to make do with other guests left overs, which was just a bit gross to me.

On checking out, the girl who dealt with us was dismissive and seemed to hate her job. All she managed to say to us was 'that's fine', before taking the key back and making it clear our turn was over. Because I'm such a wimp I left the hotel crying instead of making the complaint that I wanted to.

This hotel was fairly cheap to stay at, but not nearly cheap enough. If you want to go to Blackpool, find a nice B & B instead - much friendlier and hugely more efficient than this inpersonal, dirty hovel.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member