“nice stay”

Norbreck Castle Hotel
Ranked #70 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed June 12, 2013

had a nice stay staff very helpful room very clean good breakfast. realy good value for money only problem was the room it was very warm .entertainment was excellant we will definately come back again this year.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Like other reviews we too found this place dated and standards of cleaning ok. Stayed for one night 8th june. It was a last minute, so got the room for£39. Gutted the other couple paid £29. The plumbling was so bad when the loo was flushed. everything clattered and sounded as if it was coming into the room. Our room had a tv in that was not even worth turning on. Didnt sleep very well. Breakfast was so so. Staff were freindly . I would not stay here again. There are better places in Blackpool and that says something

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Was worried after reading bad reviews but can't understand what people had to complain about. Lovely stay no problems whatsoever. Except perhaps there was no beans left at breakfast! Really enjoyed my stay

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Arrived friday evening for 1 night with my partner as we walked in reception immediate impression was tired and in desperate need of a facelift.
Receptionist was welcoming and friendly but then again I guess thats about all it had going for it.On arrival to our room we both laughed at the state of the room thread bare carpets a grotty old television but it had been reduced from £70 to £29 for that 1 night we now understand why. The bathroom was dirty and in need of painting and the toilet when flushed the whole landing could hear as we could theirs, room 233 was un sleepable as the mattress was so lumpy and you could feel every spring in it. We hardly slept at all that night if it hadnt been for the fact we arrived a 11pm and were leaving early we would of walked out.
I dont know what hotel these people who have rated this a excellent stayed at but all I can say is some people have very low standards.
I have stayed at hotels in 3rd world countries better than this , someone really needs to get their act together and maybe call in the hotel inspector as i,m sure she would have a field day...... so please be careful if you book...

Room Tip: My only tip is to book another Hotel sorry !!!
3  Thank erniemegmol
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We took part in a national dance event which took place at the Norbreck Castle last December.
In fairness the room we were given, though grubby and well past it's use by date, did not seem as bad as most others. My main concern however was the outbreak of norovirus which occurred during our stay. Whilst this was a widespread problem at the time I felt that the hotel seemed to do very little to minimise the spread of infection. Hand sanitizer units were available, (worrying in itself !), but there was no evidence of cleaning taking place in the public areas which became extremely unpleasant at times ! Management should be aware that cleansing gels are not effective against norivorus and that there is no substitute for thorough cleaning.
I did not submit a review at the time having decided to give the hotel the benefit of the doubt, but I will have to go there again for this years event and am already worried to see similar situations described in very recent reviews. This hotel has a huge function space and, with some investment from Britannia could be a fantastic venue but I can understand the staff indifferance as this must be such a depressing place to work !
At the moment I am dreading a return visit ..... please Norbreck, get busy with the disinfectant !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BKWirral
Reviewed June 10, 2013

All I can say is do not bother with this dump! The disabled rooms are literally 1/4 mile from reception. The old pipes in the room bang and clang loudly all night! The breakfast was like feeding time at the Zoo and the quality of the food was not too bad but there were so many people all at the same time trying to eat it was mayhem. this was caused because for so many guests 2 hours is not enough time to get everybody through and to be honest who wants to have to have gotten up to have breakfast from 7.30 - 9.30 on a weekend when you are on holiday? - what if you are in Blackpool for a nightout as we were? Some of the staff were lovely but there was 1 waitress called Anne in the breakfast room that was just snapping people's heads off and being nasty to guests left right and centre. Bar staff too busy flirting with each other to serve you and we were charged a different price for the same round of drinks every time (a pint and a diet coke £7.50!). We asked for a heater or extra blankets for our elderly relative who was cold and we never got either so the poor dear went out and bought herself a hot water bottle. You have to pay extra for the leisure facilities despite it saying it is a 4 star. The nightly entertainment was a girl singing (not very well) but there were not enough seats so you could neither hear nor see her as you had to sit where you could round a corner in what is basically a corridor. . . which is stupid when they have large empty conference rooms with a stage. Also the hotel is so far from Blackpool it was costing us about £8.50 each way yo get in and out. The 'sea' view from our room was actually the view of a drained pond full of dirt and junk and a corrigated box full of plant equipment. To put the icing on the cake, we came back in from a night out on saturday in the main town centre where the atmosphere had been great to see 7 police cars in the hotel car park as there had been a fight between guests at an 80th birthday and other hotel guests - The police were taking statements as we went to bed and I was told by someone who was there that a small child had been hurt in the brawl.

It is dated and dirty, my floor cloth is better than the thin little bits of rag they give you as towels and other reviews are right nothing works such as the TV's etc. They should not be charging anywhere near whay they are - a scummy place in my opion and I will never go back.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else - there are far too many places to stay in Blackpool for them to get away with thi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Deborah H
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

So. It was my birthday weekend and the weather was amazing so we went on late rooms and found this hotel. Amazing we thought this is going to be amazing. The room was "originally" £170. Reduced to £59!! This was for a family of 4 including breakfast!! The facilities sounded amazing for our family as we would never take our children out in Blackpool after 6pm!!
Check in. Simple enough basically given key. Told where to go. No further information.

Room disgusting does not cover it. Room 173. Family room for 5. Great layout and enough room. But that's as good as it gets.

Room dated expected more. Dark cheap furniture. Room backed onto all the facilities. I think air conditioning etc. ok someone had too!! The damp. Omg. Peeling wallpaper. Plaster that fell off the wall and was wet to the touch. Then in the morning all our clothes were damp. And the smell!! Damp was not the word. Tv unwatchable as signal awful. Bathroom. All yellow stuff on the wall around the toilet. Bath panel cracked. Bath handle missing. Open holes where it should have been. Cracked tiles. No soap holder but screw in the wall where it should have been. Room actually made me cry!! Meals. Well to start you can't get in early because of the coaches. But it was like feeding time at the zoo. Buffet thrown out. Toast in the morning soggy!! Oh and don't expect brown bread. The option is white. When I asked for brown. I over heard the staff say. "Where does she think she is". Outside areas full of cigarette ends on the floor as no ashtrays available. All in all disgusting. Should be closed down. I complained at the time. But as we literally dumped our bags at 3 and didn't really look around the room till 9.30. I was just told. We know some of the rooms are really damp. We may have been able to do something earlier. But what we would suggest is you wire a complaint". So. That's what I have done. Really don't book this hotel. They should close it never mind charge for it!!

• Stayed: June 2013