“What a difference a year makes.”

Norbreck Castle Hotel
Ranked #70 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This time last year I gave this hotel the rating it truly deserved - 'Terrible'! The hotel was foul, dirty and I found the staff to be as equally unpleasant. However, credit where credit is due, they have made significant inroads, it is far from perfect yet, but the desire to improve is clear to see and as long as they keep moving in the right direction, I feel sure it will continue to get better. The food at Saturday night's Gala Dinner was also a distinct improvement over last year and the bar staff (unfortunately with one exception - the fella with the wizard/ goatee beard) were excellent and a credit to the hotel. I'll be back next year and from what I have seen this year, I hope to be able to provide a higher rating again. Well done and thank you.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Hi we stayed at the norbreck yesterday for a weekend break. we read the reviews and we were a bit worried but it looked nice from the photos. we arrived 3 hrs before check in and was upgraded to jacuzzi bath room. I was delighted as this was a first weekend break for my partner and I . Went and unpacked in our room. What a nice surprise. clean, 2 bottled waters, lots of coffee, tea and milk (more than a competitor hotel) and a surprise gift of a jar with sweets in to take home as it states a gift from norbreck. Went out down to pleasure beach rides etc. Came back to watch the nightly entertainment and this was excellent. All singers excellent and good choice of 60's hits. i'm 39 so not old and there was a mixture of guests all enjoying the entertainment. We didnt get up in time for breakfast but this was included which is a bonus too. not many include breakfast. We were hoping to use the pool also free but ran out of time. Came away having a really good time and plan on coming back to stay at the norbreck another time soon........Don't believe all the negative comments on here.

Room Tip: ground floor very quiet
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My room smelled of smoke, there were cig burns on the bath, the window was so dirty I could hardly see out, the staff were very unhelpful, after having attended a funeral and travelling 300 miles to come to Blackpool to visit relatives and being very hungry, my husband and I attempted to enter the buffet style restaurant, which bear in mind was empty, we were 'greeted' by a woman who asked us if we had booked! I said 'no', but it doesn't look busy! No, came the reply, if you haven't booked you cant get in! I didn't even bother to have breakfast the first day as when my husband returned he informed me it was like the deck of the titanic! (no offence intended to anyone) the second morning I can honestly say I had the WORST cup of tea I have ever had in my life and I love tea, it tasted so strange and the colour was strange to say the least. I will never stay in this hotel and would never recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: There are no tips to help anyone, do not stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Visited this hotel for David Urqhart's Birthday Bash. There were over 1,000 of us for a one night Gala Night.
The food was Fantastic.
The Service was Fantastic
The Accommodation was Great
I cannot fault this Hotel and highly recommend it.
It's on the far North beach of Blackpool, but there is a tram stop right opposite the hotel, so it's quick to get to shops, attractions and the night-life.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Avoid this hotel - it is like a scene from Shamless. I was booked in for 2 night but got out asap, I didn't expect 5 * accommodation for £50 per night but I do expect it to be clean. I booked an upgrade sea view room (382 I think)Have taken photos please check these out. The food at the hotel was like school dinners and limited choice. I was shown to my table and when the waiter pulled my chair out for me it had a big wet patch on where someone had wee'd on the seat. I was then given a glass of water complete with lipstick marks on it (not mine!) The entrance to the hotel was filthy and smelt of stale beer. I wouldn't stay here if it was free. Have complained to the management/Britannia Hotels but heard nothing yet!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank crazydiamond99
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I came to this hotel on the 3rd April for one night with my boyfriend.. I myself work in a hotel and no how petty customers can be!! I ignored all the trip advisors and thought I'd experience it for my self && I thought it was well worth the money! £39 for two with sea view including all entertainment and leisure facilities you can't go wrong!! Room 156 were fine, could do with a bit more modern furniture but for a hotel so big it was fine. The bed was sooo comfy! Only thing we could say was with it being so busy during half term breakfast wasn't the best.. But We had a fab time so booked again for my mum and dad the following weekend, they also enjoyed it!!
However booked again for the 15th April for one night with my work colleague, when we arrived we was greeted by a lovely lady on reception who handed our room keys, when we got to room 458 we wasn't as happy as it was a smoking room and neither of us smoked, we popped back to the reception where was happy to help, she gave us room 350 which were a lovely room and would definatly like that one again!!! We had a fab time!! Also breakfast was fab this time!!!! We definatley don't think this hotel deserves the bad comments, if your looking for a cheap clean hotel NORBRECK CASTLE IS THE ONE FOR YOU. Also it's quite a way from blackpool centre but a tram costs £4.50 for a daily pass.. well worth it!!! WE SHALL DEFFO BE BACK!!!
thank you for a fab few nights :) Kirsty

Room Tip: Room 150 / 156 for a couple or room 350 for twin room!!!
1  Thank KirstyJaydee
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and i have just returned from a 1 night stay last Sunday at the Norbreck and all i can say it was FAB. The room 154 was lovely and clean and a nice sea veiw(wich we paid extra for) The meal at night in the function room was lovely tomatoe soup roast beef with vegatables and proffiter rolls for afters with coffee and mints and all served piping hot and there was over a1000 people there.
The sincerely Abba tribute band were great
and after that a disco and this included a 99p bar.
.Some people will complain about any thing and look to see what they can moan about all i can say is thank you Norbreck for a great evening we will be back.

Room Tip: I would recommend room 154 as a great little room nice and cosy