Following a family bereavement this year, the family decided to spend Christmas at the Norbreck, where we had stayed in the summer in a disappointingly small but OK room.
First let-down - we had to queue for over an hour to check in on arrival,
Second let-down - TINY lift to cover 5 floors in the Balmoral Tower
Third let-down - Bathroom looked as if it had ha no maintenance for years, with a fixed shower head meaning anyone over about 5'4" had to bend at an awkward angle to be able to wash their hair.
Fourth let-down - whilst the room had double-glazing, the maintenance of these was such that they rattled and whistled non-stop
Fifth let-down - there was a relatively full programme of events, and on Christmas Eve the children's entertainment was advertised at 5pm. We planned our day around this, coming back to the hotel with plenty time to get ready and let my child have a nap beforehand.
We arrived at the venue with no sign of entertainment, along with a couple of other families. After much debating and asking of staff, we were told that there had been a misprint and it was actually at 8pm.
This is a mistake which can happen, I accept that. However, there had been no attempt to notify people - a simple printing of a few sheets of A4 paper with a note to parents and placed in obvious places would have been sufficient - yes? Apparently not, according to a Stuart Deaville (Duty Manager) When I complained about the time being wrong, I was told "we can change it if we want to" and when I asked why there had been no attempt at informing people - suggesting the above - I got a condescending smile and a "no", accompanied with a "how could we tell you if you were at the pleasure beach".
Having worked in hospitality for many years, I was gobsmacked at this and had to walk away.
The rest of the staff we came across during our stay could not have been more helpful, it's a shame that someone in his position was the one to let everyone down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Norbreck Castle Hotel is a fun and vibrant enviroment especially at weekends and during holiday periods. The Hotel overlooks the seafront on the North Shore, and is close to Blackpools' major attractions and entertainment. This stunning Castle like hotel offers a warm welcome to the famous Seaside Resort of Blackpool.The hotel has 480 bedrooms, many with sea views that offer a comfortable and relaxing stay. All tastefully decorated, rooms are en-suite and offer TV, Telephone, Hairdryer and Tea & Coffee making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Norbreck Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norbreck Castle Blackpool
- Norbreck Hotel
- Hotel Norbreck Castle
- Norbreck Castle Hotel Blackpool
- Castle Hotel Norbreck