“Christmas break”
Review of Savoy Hotel

Savoy Hotel
Ranked #68 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed here as a family in between Christmas and new year, can't fault the food and had a lovely sea view room drinks from bar were well priced an staff helpfull. Rooms were very warm which was great as it was wet and windy outside.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Savoy Hotel

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Me and my partner stayed here for one night in January 2014 for a night away. I will never stay here again. When we got checked in we were told we were on the 4th floor but the lift only goes to the third floor and will need to walk the last set of steps however the lift never worked. Once we got to the room we found that the window was hanging off. we got our room changed but it looked very dirty like it had not been properly cleaned. The wallpaper was also hanging off the walls in both rooms. The room card stopped working repeatedly and we had to keep walking up and down the building to have the room card reactivated.
The breakfast was cold, there was no butter for the toast, the eggs tasted like rubbery, the sausages and bacon were also cold.
I thought the Savoy would be a nice hotel to stay at but I will never stay there again and would rather stay at a B&B.
Other guests also seemed to be having problems with one group saying they were booked for the weekend but the booking system had them for 1 night, another group had to also be moved due to problems in there room.
The only good thing was the friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank carl201
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We booked a nights stay at the Savoy Hotel online believing it to be a top hotel chain only to be bitterly disappointed when we arrived. Upon entering reception their was a large group of noisy secondary school/college students, not perturbed we were directed to our rooms on the 3rd floor. The room was extremely run down, wall paper peeling, carpet dirty, toilet did not flush properly, shower cubicle disgusting, no internet connection and a gale blew through gaps in the closed windows. And to add to our disturbed nights sleep, a number of the students ran amuck up and down the corridors early hours of the morning. My husband told them off on a couple of occasions as well as other guests, eventually hotel management intervened.

The cooked buffet breakfast looked and tasted awful, the standard was poor to say the least. We would never stay at this hotel again or recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't waste you money
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank dgothers
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just got back from a one night stay at The Savoy Hotel and I had a lovely cosy stay.
Booked a one night stay with DBB and the food was amazing so tasty and in a nice setting.
Requested a smoking room but was given a room on 4th floor that was non-smoking. Also the room was very very tiny and was a single room but for 2 people. This was quickly sorted out by reception and was given a double smoking room on 1st floor which was fantastic, although the bed was a bit uncomfortable.
I cannot understand what people really do have to moan about, it is an old building which is evident throughout and with the décor it makes you feel like you have stepped back in time. The young man working on reception was very friendly and accommodating, and the staff in the dining room could not do enough for you.
Thank you Savoy for a lovely stay I am sure we will be back again soon

Room Tip: Book a smoking room as these appear to be the better rooms...ours even had a jet bath
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just back from a line-dancing weekend here. Despite reading adverse comments prior to travelling, my stay was not half as bad as I thought it would be. My room was OK but as the weather was extremely windy on the first night,and the windows didn't fit properly, there was a lot of draught and noise in the room. The decor left a lot to be desired but the bed was comfortable and the sheets clean. Can't say the same for the bedspread!! On a lighter note, the food was good and plentiful. Meals were taken in the ballroom where we were linedancing and not shared with the rest of the hotel guests. I can't understand how people pay 2 star prices at this hotel but expect 5 star surroundings and service.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed 27th-30th dec.. room 320,, reported toilet cistern taking hours to re-fill, reported it again to be kept being told it had been fixed, had to go down 2 floors to use public toilets,,room shabby, carpet filthy, paper hanging off, window handles broken,
room not cleaned and we never had towels changed during our stay,
main bar in reception area was freezing cold and people sat with there coats round there legs, complained to barman and he said he would ask the manager if he would turn the heating up.. nothing happened again there.
to the right hand side of the bar, there was plaster dust all over the floor and table and was still like it next evening, dining room sills were covered in thick dust, the whole place is so run down and just disgusting,, never would I stay in a brittania hotel again,,,, the Metropole is in the same condition (sister hotel) talking to people who had stayed there and they wre appauled,, on this occasion, YOU GET FAR LESS THAN WHAT YOU PAY FOR,,,,,

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank kezzalady630
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I have just spent new year at the savoy Blackpool and I must say we had a fantastic time. We booked it at short notice then I read some of the reviews I must admit I was dreading it but how wrong can people be. The management and staff were brilliant. The food was excellent and the gala dinner on New Year's Eve was exceptional. Mal Ford and the different Cabaret artists were great and some firm friends were made and we intend to reunite at the savoy later in the year. I must say I think the manager deserves a medal because the only thing that let's this hotel down is the out dated decor if Britannia hotels spent some well needed money updating it the reviews on hear would be far better. I heard some of the abuse that staff took of customers and they handled themselves in a polite and courteous manner and were a credit to the company so please don't believe all that you read on this site because I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple