Savoy Hotel
Great 4.5/5
The Cliffs Hotel(Blackpool)
$102
  • Pool
Travelodge Blackpool South Shore(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
$88
$81
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
2,253 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Booked this hotel on a recommendation from a friend, so didn't bother to check reviews. We were checked in efficiently by a friendly female staff member, but I didn't expect to be charged £1.50 for using a debit card. The lifts only hold three people, so you can experience a bit of a wait. Although the hotel is supposed to be non-smoking, the corridor to our room smelled strongly of smoke. I heard a fellow guest remarking on it too. Our room was very dated, the carpet was threadbare in places, one chair was stained and the other had cigarette burns on it. The wallpaper was dirty and peeling and the TV was around 20 years old. The bathroom wasn't very clean with dirt and hairs in the bath. We were with friends who's room was just as dated as ours and their toilet seat was cracked right through on one side. They reported this before going out for the evening. On their return they discovered it had been 'repaired' with red electrician's tape! On the positive side, the bed was comfortable and the room was warm enough for us. Breakfast was ok, with a good choice of cereals, fruit and hot items, although the sausages weren't very nice. All in all this hotel is due for a complete overhaul and I wouldn't consider staying here in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine D
philcroft, General Manager at Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Guest

Please accept my apologies for the difficulties you experienced whilst staying with us at the Savoy Hotel and I am sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I will investigate the points raised in your review and speak to the relevant Department Managers to address the difficulties you experienced.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write this review and please accept my sincere apologies once again that it was necessary to do so.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

So the parking is okay. And the location is good as it's out of the way of the noise but close enough for a cheap taxi ride. But once your get parked I didn't dare move the car for if I didn't get a space again!
We went for a two night break in the summer. It was so appallingly dirty and vile we got a free stay!
Just been and it was just the same! It's disgusting dirty, especially the bathroom in both rooms we had. The windows were broken so couldn't be used and the condensation so bad it was trapped inside the double glazing so we couldn't see a thing.
The carpet was worn thin, the bed looked like it had been slept in. The tv had one channel only and we asked them to come and get it to work, never did.
The beds were ok for one night but very old and itchy!
It was just not worth the money and it was absolutely filthy.
Never ever ever again will I stay here.
The dining tables are sticky and unclean and the food is just basic. Very average and not what you want. Even the cereal is cheap, e.g not Kellogg's but cheap makes that are chewy and soft.
No thankyou!
Do not waste your money!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Charleybubble93

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review. I would personally like to apologise to you for the inconvenience caused to you and that certain aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. Feedback is important to us as we use it to further improve our services and standards.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Ok so lets start parking not a lot it is limited but we got some so was happy was a very nice old building went too check in lady on reception was quite rude tbh she told someone too wait untill she was finished wit us but then still dealt wit their request whilst serving us which I felt was rude never got told about breakfast had too find out for ourselves no information given too us on check in so started too get a little worried so we were on the top top floor so we took the stairs too burn some calories off we got in our room n was pleasantly surprised too wt everyone had been saying yes the windows needed a gd clean outside but so did my car windows the day after for the age of the hotel it was ok the bed waa comfy n I was warm the downside was reception again could have told us a private party was on n it will finish at 1 at breakfast next morning every table was talking about the noise from the party so mayb worth looking into tht but as soon as 1am came I slept like a log really enjoyed the breakfast staff at breakfast v polite n well mannered if I had too say a particular area too improve it would b reception unfortunately and this should b the heart of a hotel it just didnt matter in this hotel as no one could b bothered too say hello as u walked past they were too busy having their own gossip

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on trip advisor, as it is only through constructive comments such as yours that we can constantly monitor the standards of service we offer our guests.

Please accept my apologies for the difficulties you experienced whilst staying with us at the Savoy Hotel and I am sorry that the hotel did not meet certain expectations on this occasion.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed at the the Savoy hotel in september with my frend to visit the illiuminations what a let down my room was small with the shower door broken well i would say hanging off
Towels had got holes in them and also there were holes in the bed linen i could not open the window due to the window being nailed down and aslo so dirty all you could see was bird excrement
The room was shabby and dirty it was so bad i left my clothes and belongings in my suitcase this hotel needs a massive refurbishment

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
philcroft, General Manager at Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Thought the name meant it would be posh, but maybe that's just me, we arrived here, getting somewhere to park was nightmare as car park and surrounding streets were full, after check in went to bar, lager was flat and even after asking for another every brand we got offered was flat, maybe that's why it was cheap, room wasn't up to much either, really old fashioned and needed a complete refurb, shower didn't work either, food menu was al a carte type with not a great deal of variety, ended up having a mc ds instead, would only recommend if you are over 100yrs old too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to post your response on Tripadvisor about your stay with us in 2012.

Please accepy my apologies if the services we offered weren't up to your expectations.