Savoy Hotel
$54
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Oak Lea Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
$48
Kings Hotel(Blackpool)
$73
$69
2,279 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 26, 2013

If your expectation is to have a roof over you head, 35 GBP per night is too expensive. If you expect a hotel choose an another one. But this will be difficult in Blackpool.
Poor, old - maybe one or two stars.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Peter M
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Staying here for 2 nights only thank god !!!!
Very shabby room, shower barely works, windows are that dirty you can't see out........ All I can say is never again :-( thought after several years of avoiding Blackpool due to outdated n shabby hotels..... The savoy is very shabby n outdated .... I suggest it gets gutted n refurbished asap

2  Thank Angela D
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Just spent two nights at this hotel, unfortunately having paid in full and non-refundable or we would have left! The hotel clearly used to be quite grand; but lack of investment has seriously damaged it. The room (258) was shabby and unkempt. When we arrived the room had not been cleaned properly, if at all with empty shower gel bottles left on the bathroom floor and biscuit crumbs on the chairs. Having picked up the empty bottles and cleared two of the chairs of biscuit crumbs, we left a third chair turned very prominently so the cleaner would notice the mess the following day. When we returned to the room later in the day the crumbs were still there, nothing had been cleaned - only the tea and coffee replenished. Despite warm temperatures, the central heating could not be turned off and of five windows only one had both handles. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone and if this is the state of Britannia Hotels they need a serious amount of money invested in them and cleaning staff trained in how to do their job properly. The only plus points were the restaurant food was reasonable with a good degree of choice and the reception staff were helpful.

Room Tip: I don't believe there are any good rooms. We paid extra and chose a sea view room which was shabby and very noisy from the outside traffic!
3  Thank Lynne660
philcroft, General Manager at Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear kiltedmonster,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

Please accept my apologies for those aspects of your stay that you were un-happy with.

Your comments about the disappointing elements of you stay have been de-briefed with the appropriate personnel and corrective action taken as necessary.

Again thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback, and apologies again that it was necessary to do so.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Ok my lastnight I'm doing this review, after 3night's Dinner bed & breakfast, it cost £180 for the three night's, was not expecting a lot and so we weren't let down, the hotel is run down and in need of a facelift every where, staff were nice and helpful all though it was a bit under staffed, room's were a let down old and out dated, Breakfast was a buffet and very good plenty of choice, Dinner was buffet, and I must say the chef done great and plenty of choice and we never went hungry once, there were only 2 thing's I was disappointed about, and that's was the woman behind the bar chewing gum not very professional for a hotel and that I blame on the manager and his lack of eye to detail, and the the other was dirty glasses on the dinner table again this is down to managements lack of presence and eye to detail. My hat comes off to the chef he made the hotel bearable with the food Thanks Chef and your team, we will come back just cause of you Mr & Mrs Scott Beaton :-)

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear kiltedmonster,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments on Trip Advior.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed our selection of food in our Restaurant and I will certainly be passing your good comments on to our Head Chef, Sean.

I will also pass priase on to our staff at the Savoy, for their good customer service thank you.

The not so good comments will certainly be dealt with in-house.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had a couple of nights away to get some sea air and tried this hotel - wish we hadn't!! It was dirty and uncared for. Could be lovely because the building itself is late Edwardian and very striking.
No one seemed to care. We were tired after along walk we mistakenly booked dinner in the Gilberts Bistro which we had to pay for first! It was a disaster, Tomato & Basil Soup that had not seen a tomato except from a packet & not even the slightest hint of Basil. Then Cod in Prawn Sauce - no prawns and a skin on the sauce I scraped off and asked for separate sauce, all frozen veg which were awful, even some of the potatoes were not cooked. Meanwhile our first course plates etc were not cleared away and left for us to move to another table.
I ordered a bottle of wine and was about to pour it for my wife when I realised I could not see through the glass!! it was FILTHY - so was my cutlery which had to be changed.
Plus I have never had to make my own coffee in a restaurant before, but the cups were dirty so didn't bother. I did complain to Reception but they didn't seem bothered.
Our room was tired and old with curtains hanging off the rails so we couldn't close them - this did not matter as the windows were so filthy no one could have possibly seen in!!

I could go on but it is disheartening when a struggling town like Blackpool has Hotels of this standard. Brtriannia Inns will be informed!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view and you might be able to see it if they clean the windows
3  Thank Blackbelt

Dear Blackbelt,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments.

Please accept my apologies for the elements of your stay that you didnt enjoy.

I am very suprised to read your comments regarding our food, we usually get nothing but comments.

I will be doing some investigating regarding the points you have raised.

Thank you again.