“Scruffy filthy horrible hotel!!”
Review of Northlands Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Northlands Hotel
Ranked #787 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
“Scruffy filthy horrible hotel!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Filthy run down hotel. Went on a hen party last night had rooms 8 and 21 door wouldnt lock on room 8 and had a horrid man with a rude attitude fixing it, since when has swearing been good customer service? Plaster coming off walls tiles in bathroom a hazard and looked as though it had not been cleaned in a very long time. I no its cheap bt its not worth that money absolute dive needs knocking down.

2 Thank xxsammi13xx

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed August 11, 2013

1 is a gernerous rating for this stay!!! Rude staff, smelly place, doors that didn't lock... A two hour wait for the door fixing, a leaky bathroom, bunk beds with no bars and a toilet that didnt flush. You don't expect 5* for your money but you expect basic cleanliness. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. And the cheek to ask for a damage deposit is ridiculous. Should have been paid to stay.
It was that bad that we rang several hotels for another room. Do. Not. Stay.

2 Thank Flowellaq

Travelers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Some of the reviews are spot on. Yes it is tired. Yes in places it is scruffy. But it is bloomin cheap and does what it says on the tin. Good craic for a stag weekend even though the bathroom ceiling fell down and the door lock was broken. .....it did not matter we were not sober enough to worry. Happy days !

1 Thank Scogal
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayd here saturday 2 lads. Where do I start we was greeted by a horrible looking man who looked like triple h on drugs. The place stinks. The rooms are tiny bed was broken . Holes everywhere. Half to share a shower and toilet with other people. This bnb should be demolished I would never stay here again. Even if they would pay me to. Who ever writes a good review about this place is either been paid to or its the owner herself. Dont be fooled guys . Its absaloutley disgusting!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank donaldon
yorkiepeter, Owner at Northlands Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
These 'people' were causing severe damage in the hotel and we had to call the Police to get them arrested and they were forced to pay for the damage. Anyone who does not believe me can email me and I will happilly give you the Police log number so you may check for yourself.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Absolutely terrible...
Firstly walked in and there was no welcome she asked for our name. We was taken to our room and left there was told no times for breakfast or when to leave...
The rooms were terrible... It's stunk of smoke and dogs and the sheets were dirty and the the carpets hasn't been hovered in such a long time!! The rooms were small... The window wouldn't shut and the door to the bathroom was stuck...
Then every time sum one above us used the toilet the whole bedroom would shake!!
The water coming from taps stunk!!
We had no sleep what so ever people was coming back all times of the night and the noise was terrible...
So after that we was told we would have a continental breakfast... What a joke!! There's was a jug of cold tea and a empty jug of orange juice ceral box was empty no milk...and then we was brought over 5 triangle slices of toast for 4 adults with off butter that had mould on it and the bread was cold and hardly toasted... Whilst sat at the table the window cills were filthy and there were all dead flys... So I stormed out!!
Never again!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Glover1998
Really cannot understand this review.

There may be occasions when the orange juice may temporarily run out, but not milk, juice, cereals and cold tea!!!!

makes me think this review is totally fictitious......and the clue is in the toast comment. Our guests can help themselves to bread and toast it themselves if they so wish

....another malicious review by someone trying to destroy my business.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We arrived at 18.30. By 18.35 I wanted to leave. We were greeted by a scruffy looking man with a rolled up fag behind his ear. We were then taken to our room by a young lady who didn't even say hello. We stayed in room 6. The bed is broken and dipped in the middle. At one point I contemplated just putting the matress on the floor. Woke up with a bad back both days. The window did not shut. The shower door did not close properly the tv remote had no batteries so couldn't even get any music to get ready. There was a hole in the wall in I fixed the wardrobe door handle that had come off and not be bothered to be fixed. I know it's cheap but seriously it maybe better to pay a little more and get something half decent. I agree with a previous comment. Surprised it is allowed to operate

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Aikidoman1979
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

My best mate had his stag do in Blackpool and picked this hotel for our stay. When I found out the name of the hotel I immediately went on here to see what was being said. After reading the reviews I was filled with dread and was having second thoughts about staying. I was persuaded to stay by the others in our group. When we got to the hotel the staff where friendly and helpful and showed us to our rooms. They where clean with plenty room shower/bathroom was ok and everything was what you would expect for the price we paid. We had a fantastic weekend made all the better by our hotel. Some of the reviews on here are a joke. People want the ritz for pound land prices. It is a stag hotel and it may be rough around the edges but its a damn sight better than some in Blackpool. Read the reviews on the Malibu if you want rough.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends