“"I'm telling you now...I don't get on with groups of girls" Was our welcome!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Northlands Hotel

Northlands Hotel
Ranked #835 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“"I'm telling you now...I don't get on with groups of girls" Was our welcome!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

When we arrived the welcome we got was " I'm telling you now...I don't get on with groups of girls!!" which wasnt the warmest of welcomes. The rooms were basic but clean. Perfect location for pubs and night life. The only concerns we had was the Woman!! She was quite rude as we asked if we could leave our cases until it was time to get picked up, Although she said yes she told us we couldnt wait there as she had alot to do (as it she had to keep an eye on us if we did). However we didnt have much to do with her as we were only there to get changed and to sleep. Our breakfast was crappy with a rubber egg but who cares when your hungover!! Overall we had a good weekend but don't know if we will stay here again just because of the way she was with us!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

Myself and 4 friends stayed here for a week, Could`nt have wished for anything better, Breakfast was 1st class, you could even have seconds if you wanted,The owners Tamara and Wayne were very hospitable, A lovely couple who made us feel at home, As long as you dont take liberties, They are absolutley brilliant.cannot do enough for you, must be the friendliest hoteliers I know..will definately book with them again.
Regards Brock from Nottingham.

Room Tip: ask for a room nearest the bar
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank brock501
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

I booked this hotel for one night for myself and 3 mates for a stag do and when i read the reviews i.had to expect the worst but i was pleasantly surprised,, ok its outdated and basic but the rooms were warm and clean and the hotel was in a good central location,,,,,what do you want for £25 a night ive stopped in far worse for more money

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Shaunslob
bradford
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

when entering hotel very smelly and very outdated bed was terrible and rooms were not clean breakfast terrible and the tea to drink was like dishwater u can go 50 yards down street and get lovely hotels. 25 pounds per night for en suite was expensive when u can get better hotel for 20 pounds will never stay there again and will be telling my friends and family not to go there very very dissapointing.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank jamesbradford

Travelers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

I stayed here for a hen do and although the place was old fashioned it had a homely feel to it and it was clean!
The couple running it and their little girl was a really nice family, they cared about what we thought and felt and always asked us if we liked this or is that okay, and the girl serving us breakfast was friendly and happy :)
Fair play they put up with us lot and they deserve a medal as big as a frying pan!
Lovely people, clean and close to town THUMBS UP! X

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Northlandsiswellgood
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

me and my missus stayed at northlands for a long weekend and out of the 5 hotels ive been in when ive gone to blackpool this has my top spot, beds are reaaaaally comfy and the hotel people (wayne and tamara) made us feel really welcomed :D oh and these reviews what say "unclean".. u need your head checking out or your eyesite.. :)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MaccaAndJojo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

i agree with a lot of what has already been put about this place...
but my own take on it is:
Well out-dated rooms, Basic, cheap tatty furniture. Well worn carpets, as for the beds!?!?! the WORST part all - our beds quilts/sheets looked like the only time they were clean is when they were new. the was a long ladies hair in one of the beds after we checked to see if they had been changed. Also the other single bad had black marks on the outer quilt cover. The quilt itself was yellow (im guessing it was white new),. Didn't dare get into the bed, instead slept clothed on top, with a tshirt over the pillow. and still felt dirty. Was straight in the shower..... once i got home, didnt dare wanna try the hotel one. Breakfast was included in the price, but after the impression the room left there was no way I was gonna have it. Instead took the short walk to McDonald's.
The whole place needs a complete renovation. If u have standards, DON'T Book Here. I wasnt expecting a palace by any means, but this place is the worst hotel, well if u call it a hotel, I have ever stayed in. booked through blackpoolstagparties online or whatever its called, this place cost me £37.50!!! This is the only time i have left negative feedback about any place i have stayed.
The ONLY good things i can say is the tap water was always hot and it is in a good location near the Tower.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends