“Helpful staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We booked this hotel for three nights as we stayed here in march and loved it. We had a few problems with our rooms (had to move a few times) luckily enough, this was saved by the fact that the staff were so helpful. The pool area, sauna etc is really nice, gyms really good too.

The hotel can be let down by the loud stag parties. We asked for a quiet room and seemed to be near the hotel rooms of a large wedding party, people were slamming doors all night and shouting down the corridors.

Breakfast was good, staff again were very friendly. Nice location, away from the centre of Blackpool, right by the zoo! We did have a lot of stress by moving rooms with all of our many bags so many times, but we got there eventually! Rooms could do with being a bit cleaner (very dusty) will be coming back sometime soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hi "bunnybumboo",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are pleased that you did enjoy your recent stay with us, although we would like to apologise that there did seem to be some issues with the original room you were allocated? I am pleased that we were able to rectify this for you and that the team on site were very helpful and efficient in doing this.

We do hope that should you visit Blackpool again you will come and stay with us again?

Kind Regards,

Janine Whur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
Coleford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Went on a work trip, and as a work hotel goes it was pretty good when arriving. Checked in straight away, and very early, and was given a better room than had been pre-booked which was obviously a positive.
Room was large, desk and excellent wifi, small bathroom but no issue as I was alone anyway.

Lunch in the bar was poor value, about £6 for a sandwich and chips. Far from what I would call a doorstep sandwich and a small portion of McDonalds style fries (which are not chips!)
Dinner in the restaurant was not the best experience or food. Very average food in taste and presentation, again all the staff were very pleasant though.

Breakfast was at the budget hotel end of catering, all precooked and self serve buffet. I did ask for poached eggs and chased twice but after over half an hour I just had toast.

The pool looked very good, and there are squash courts there as well, and also a golf course which appeared busy.

Not terrible, but compared to other places I looked at while there, not at all bad value for Blackpool hotel, but food just bordering on poor.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Hi "SimonJ68_uk",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are pleased that you did enjoy your overall stay with us and of course I will ensure that both our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager are aware of your feedback with regards to your experience within our Food & Beverage areas as we do value all feedback received.

We do hope that you will stay with us again should you be in the Blackpool area?

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

I booked this hotel for a short break with my daughter and grandson. I think it is the best deal I have ever had. My 9 months old grandson, loved the indoor and outdoor pools, as did my daughter and myself. The twin room was more than big enough with two small double beds and plenty of room for the travel cot and spare space to move around. All the staff we met were so helpful and couldn't do enough for us, even one gentleman opening a downstairs conference room and providing my daughter with a cup of coffee when my grandson decided to get up at 4.30 in the morning and she took him downstairs so as not to wake the people in adjoining rooms. The restaurant staff were also amazing and the food very tasty, under fives eat free and the child's meal was a proper meal not just something and chips. They went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed, even carrying dessert up to our room for us as bedtime had arrived for my grandson before we had finished eating. Outside has beautiful gardens to run around in and let of steam for older children, and Blackpool zoo is a very short walk away, in fact you can hear the animals from the front of the hotel. On arriving we both thought the hotel looked for more impressive than the price suggests. I am already planning another stay taking our husbands next time so they can play golf on the onsite golf course and we can lazy be the pools. FANTASTIC!!

Room Tip: The twin room was great
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VILLBLACK, General Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, September 23, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Village The Hotel Club Blackpool.

It is great to hear you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel. Your feedback is very important to us in order to improve and grow our business and I will be sure to pass your comments back to the relevant departments.

Kind Regards

James Stewart - Senior General Manager
Shotton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Herons Reach excellent Hotel will amazing facilities 2 swimming pools plus a spa one night with 2 rounds of golf and evening meal and breakfast such a great place, we will be back thanks to all the staff who made are stay such a pleasant time there. The PGA academy and Golf course are a treat.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi "Bryn R",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

It's great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and managed to play the course. I will ensure that the team on site are aware of your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon when you return.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

As we drove up the drive approaching the hotel we thought wow what a great looking hotel with lovely grounds! That was the only nice thing about our stay! The Becca restaurants service was extremely slow yet they had lots of waitresses standing around in huddles and was difficult to get anyone's attention! After numerous complaints from ourselves and other hotel guests to reception about what only can be described as a party going on in a nearby room with loud chatter and doors slamming from 11:30pm till 3:30am were we finally taken seriously! My wife paid good money to come away for a last minute weekend away. The hotel was chosen because it wasn't in the centre of Blackpool so assumed how peaceful and how nice it would be to stay here! Completely ruined the whole experience. We have both agreed that we wont be coming here again.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JCoomer
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hi "JCoomer",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We would like to apologise for the noise disturbance you did experience during your stay and that this did ruin your trip away.

I will ensure that your feedback is relayed to the Management team on site to ensure they are fully aware of your experience.

If you do wish to discuss your issues further then please do not hesitate to contact me direct at Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Janine Whur

Travelers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

This hotel doesn't really know what it wants to be. While there is nothing ostensibly wrong with the hotel or the staff, it just doesn't work for me. Is it a business hotel? Is is a leisure hotel? Is it a place to meet for coffee?

Also, as with so many hotels these days, the room was boiling hot. There was a small window which I could open but that meant leaving the curtains open and waking once it got light. Staff did inform me that they had fans the next day but I don't think it would have made much difference.

Finally, I was running a training course in the hotel and the events management was pretty poor and rather disorganised.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hi "2010media_david",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

In answer to your review the hotel is a resort and we aspire to cater for everyone's requirements which includes the hotel guests along with our customers/leisure members within the local area.

I would like to apologise that your event was disorganised and if you would like to contact me direct I will be more than happy to discuss your feedback further. My email address is Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed at the Urban Village Blackpool for a business trip and took my family along for the week. The room was clean and tidy and although it had a fan it was extremely warm even with the windows open. There was a lack of plug sockets near the bed, however this was no major problem for me but be advised if you require near a bed. The fold out bed in the family room was nothing more than a fold down single chair and you could feel the springs through the extremly thin mattress (this was just the cushions from the seat) for a family room I would normally expect a bed. The facilities were good and the gym and pool were fine. The gym and pool were very clean and in a good state of repair which cannot be said the same for the Urban Village in Swindon. The bar food in the Victory pub was of a poor standard and appeared to be just reheats in a microwave. The Italian restaurant fared better however jumpin in the car and going to some of the places in the local area proved slightly better. Breakfast was fine and had a decent selection.

All in this was a reasonable stay for the price paid and met my requirements for a business trip.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking golf course have more light and are quieter. Rooms have no A/C or fridge. Famil...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Deepskisam
Hi "Deepskisam",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are pleased that you did enjoy your overall stay with us and I will ensure that your feedback with regards to the food is passed to our Executive Chef.

We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future should you be in the area again?