Village Hotel Blackpool
Big Blue Hotel(Blackpool)
$108
$90
Hotels.com
Oak Lea Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
$41
$31
Kings Hotel(Blackpool)
$98
Maples Hotel(Blackpool)
$87
$70
4,453 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolleisure facilitiesherons reachvictory pubclub roomthe upper deckstanley parkcoffee machineleisure clubgreat facilitiessteam roomlovely hotelevening mealone night stayshort breakmy partnersea front
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We arrived on a blustery day on Saturday afternoon. Bit earlier than expected and received a nice warm welcome from the start. As we were early we decide to have a meal in the Victory bar but wasn't bowled over by that and somewhat pricey. The room 101 was lovely nice view of the golf course. The staff were very pleasant and nothing was too much trouble. We had a nice swim sauna and Jacuzzi in the afternoon and the facilities were more than adequate.
We had a meal in the Italian Restaurant in the evening as the trip to the pier was abandoned due to heavy winds. That was a shame but we were quite happy to stay in the hotel. The meal in the restaurant was not bad but Waitress Julia was very helpful and looked after us very well.
Good nights sleep followed by as much as you can eat breakfast. You may find you have to queue for a table. On the whole we will revisit next years and then hopefully make it to the illuminations!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Hi "Sheldoners",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

It is such a shame you didn't make it to the pier and the illuminations. Fingers crossed that next year when you visit us the weather is kinder to you.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a wk end stay in blackpool de vere and i must say im very disappointed!!! At £214 for 2 nyts in a twin room which was small and poorly lit the worst part was the bathroom which was the smallest bathroom iv ever seen in a hotel i could sit on the toilet and my knees could touch the bath and the sink you couldnt swing a cat... Id like to find something positve to say but there was nothing from the reception staff who for the whole wkend were totally unorganised which ment massive Qs ... The website says its just had a 6 million pound refurb i cant see where as the carpets throughout are very stained and even the throws on the beds were stained also had no teaspoons left on the first day .... Then the reason i really wanted to stay here was for the pool and sauna which we never got to use as it was hectic only times ud get in was before 9am or after 730pm as all the other times ( apart from 12-2 when ur clearly not going to be stuck in a hotel) the pool is full to the brim with screaming kids its not what ud call a relaxing wkend away i can honestly say id been better off in premier inn where for a fraction of the price i would have had a bigger cleaner room and had reception staff that knew what they were doing this is the 2nd time we have been disappointed in blackpool so i will learn my lesson for 3rd time lucky

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank murphy3112

Hi "murphy3112",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The hotel does get very busy during the holiday/illuminations season so it is unfortunate that you were unable to utilise the facilities.

If you do wish to discuss your issues further, then please do not hesitate to contact me direct at Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

This is my second visit to Herons Reach, and although the initial shine from when it was new has now gone, it's still the best in Blackpool.

The staff are the friendliest I have ever come across and go that extra mile to help you in almost every department.

The rooms are very comfortable and clean and our cleaner on the third floor was very hard working and kind.

We had two spa treatments which were excellent, I especially enjoyed the heated beds whilst having a massage.

I would have given the Hotel five stars, but there was a few minor issues that just need tweaking.

Firstly our desk lamp was faulty and it did take quite a few requests to get the maintenance man Steve to fix it.

He had told the reception staff twice he was on his way, when hours later there was still no sign.
Maybe if he's busy he should manage peoples expectations better as to the time he is actually going to arrive, as we were stuck waiting to get ready, not daring to take a bath until he'd been.

Upon arriving for our evening dinner we were pre warned in order to manage our expectations that the following days breakfast could be busy and to be prepared for queues, which is good to have our expectations managed.
However we wasn't prepared to wait 30 mins that evening to sit with no order being taken for our drinks at dinner, maybe it would have been a good idea to have managed that too.

I'd also specifically asked for no garlic with my mayonnaise, but unfortunately it came strongly ladened with it and after eating a big dollop of it, it did rather spoil my meal /wine and evening as that is all I could taste.
They did apologise and try and kindly rectify this with bowls of parsley, but it was too late unfortunately. Just one of those things I suppose.

The breakfast was good and plentiful and always immediately replenished, and we didn't have to queue.
However I would expect better quality Bacon, and have had so at my local Village Hotel. But unfortunately here it was the streaky type you get abroad.

But little niggles aside it was overall still a very good stay with the large majority of the staff providing excellent customer service.

I will and I have recommended this Hotel to many people , and still will in the future.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Hi "Muddie",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We will take on board all your feedback and it is always nice to hear such positive comments about the team at Blackpool.

I will ensure that all the team on site are aware of your review and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is our usual place to stay on our bi-annual visit to Blackpool. However yet again Herons Reach got the check in wrong again and we had other issues too.
Deciding to check in to the hotel for a rest after a day at the pleasure beach turned into a fiasco, after 3 times attempting to check into a room that was unsuitable due to the sleeping arrangments, the guy at check in lacked knowledge about the rooms and ended up sending us back to a room that was unsuitable for my sister, her daughter and me which we always explain at time of booking. We tried to phone reception to get the issue resolved but no answer after waiting about an hour to get this sorted we were upgraded to a suitable room. The room however was dark and dusty, for 4 star rating there was no bottled water either, the water glasses were dusty and under the bed quite frankly was poor, full of crumbs etc.

We did not sleep as the room overlooked the car park and all we heard all night were people going out to smoke and coming back in taxis. So we all went home shattered!! We tried to order room service but was told there was a delay as they were busy and after waiting 25 minutes for two glasses of wine cancelled.

The breakfast was average, the hot buffet style was luke warm and trying to toast bread was just ridiculous with toasters that were clearly not suitable for the task and all other guests just crowded round trying to get a bit of toast. The bacon was very greasy and fatty too.

The lesuire facilities are wonderful though and Ruth in the Health Club was excellent, although children swimming did not start until 9.00am (we went down at 7.30am, as we did not sleep) she listened to our concerns used her discretion and let us all swim incluing my neice whom is 11 years old.

On check out we were asked if we had a nice stay, I followed others whom complained about the noise too. I dont think we will be returning sadly after all these years.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Hi "MelanieD776",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

I was sorry to learn that you encountered some issues with your most recent visit to the hotel.

We would like to apologise for these issues and I will ensure that all the team on site are aware of your comments and feedback.

Please be assured we do appreciate all feedback we do received.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Possibly the worst hotel experience ever!! On our arrival, late in the evening with exhausted small child, we were given the pokiest family room ever and the child's bed not made up. Ok we thought, mistakes can be made so we told reception and went to a late dinner. An hour and a half later, the bed was still not made up! There were numerous things wrong with the room & hotel from being unable to adjust the temperature on the shower, the room smelling of smoke, carpets being dirty, having to queue in a freezing reception area to get in for breakfast - the list goes on. But by far the worst experience was in the restaurant. We were booked in for DB&B. As it was a holiday we didn't always know what our plans were, so one day did not book a specific time for dinner. We arrived about 6.45 to be told that there was no room all night! If she had said for us to come back later, fair enough as we didn't book a particular time, but to have no room all night when we were booked in for DB&B is appalling. We were directed to a dirty, smelly, beery pub at the back where there were loads of drunk blokes shouting at the football. Not really where I want to eat my dinner with an 8 year old. So we asked to see the restaurant manager who didn't apologise and simply said that they accepted non residents as they had a business to run. One thing I should be grateful for however is that at least for one night I wasn't met with the sight of waiting staff scraping plates into what can only be described as slop buckets wheeled around the tables. The sight of congealed egg being scaped into these buckets every morning was enough to turn me off what was already a mediocre breakfast.

Room Tip: Simply don't go here!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SallyBlackpool

Hi "SallyBlackpool",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

I am sorry that you had a very disappointing stay with us and would like to apologise for all the issues you did encounter during your stay.

We do endeavour to ensure all rooms are made up to the requirements submitted by our guests at the point of booking. Therefore, this will be raised with both the Reception and Housekeeping team to investigate this.

It is also unfortunate that the restaurant were unable to allow you to dine due to the volume of guests who had already pre-booked their reservations. Again this will be addressed with the team.

If you do want to discuss your issues further then please do not hesitate to contact me direct at Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com