We stayed here in January 2013 whilst visiting family in Blackpool, having found a great groupon offer. Upon arrival we were really impressed with the building and grounds. Unfortunately we were put in a room right next to the outside pool & rather loud pump right outside. They did kindly move us to another room which was better. The rooms are really dark, there is no main light in the room which I find strange - you have to go found the whole room turning every lamp on possible to get a good amount of light! I didn't realise the hotel allowed dogs and we did have a barking dog over in a room across the hall from us. We couldn't use the spa/swimming facilities due to public children swimming lessons and because of these, the reception and Starbucks was full of loud kids the majority of the day, but didn't bother us too much with our room far from reception and being out most the day. On the Sat evening we used our groupon offer for a 3 course meal, what a treat!! NOT! Literally the worst food I have ever eaten! Starter as dry, our slow cooked lamb was dry, tasteless and like horse meat. The chips were all burnt and gravy completely tasteless, I asked for mint sauce hoping it would give it a bit of taste, didn't have any, asked for ketchup, didnt get bought any! Lastly my boyfriends ice cream came out melted and my 'Baked Cheesecake with a Raspberry & Hazlenut Sauce' came out in the form of a lemon parfait!!! I am not one to complain usually, but on this occasion we felt we had to make the manager at the restaurant aware of our disappointment, after all it is a Devere hotel and usually means quality!! When I said the cheesecake was so far away from actually being a cheesecake - it didn't even have a cheesecake base!! - the manager said "it did used to have a base!".... think they need to check what they are selling to people. I wondered if we got bad food because we were groupon but she assured me every got the same menu. Tell you what, I'd feel sick if I had paid nearly £23 for that meal!! Long and short of it, I'd stay at the hotel again with another groupon deal but would definitely eat elsewhere!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Blackpool is set in 236 acres of Fylde coast countryside, the hotel is the perfect base for a relaxing leisure break with the splendour of the Trough of Bowland and the Lake District only an hours drive. There's all the fun of the Pleasure Beach, piers and Golden Mile just minutes away offering something for everyone. Village Hotel Blackpool has 174 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 3 Squash Courts, 3 Tennis Courts, Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools, Championship Golf Course, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Blackpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Herons Reach Blackpool
- Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Blackpool De Hotel Vere