“Excellent”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sarnia Holiday Flats
Ranked #71 of 129 Specialty Lodging in Blackpool
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have just come back from another week at sarnia ,pleasant stay been coming here for 10 yrs perfect location...stayed in flat 2 nice and clean,wouldnt stay anywhere else home from home.looking forward to going next year.maureen the owner is lovely always on hand when needed.

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Home247

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have stayed here a few times with my family and have recommended it to friends and family. We found it by chance and very glad we did as the place we stopped in before was abysmal. The price is significantly less than where we stopped before and value for money is excellent. Mrs Whitlock is an amazing lady, nothing is too much trouble, her dog Ellie is friendly. If your looking for a home from home place to stay, this is it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Gaynor H
Cardiff
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here a short time ago and must say I was a little disappointed to say the least. I arrived to be greeted by what I presume to be a long term tenant of the flats and not the owner. I rang mrs Whitlock to be told to see the cleaner for the keys. I found flat 2 not have a separate bedroom which was described and having to pay a further 20.00 to park my car for the 5 days when i was informed before booking that there was always parking available outside on the street (this was never the case throughout the week). I did not find the flat to be very clean or private as we were right next to the reception and could constantly here conversations taking place by the reception entrance/doorway. The toilet was lose and I actually nearly fell off when the toilet lifted to one side as it is the size of a small children's toilet. The toilet/shower room was also very cold as the heating in there did not work. My families flat who came away with us was also cold as one bedroom had no form of heating at all and they spent approx 12.00 on electric for a short 4 night stay. Also the shower/toilet for their flat was actually outside the main door and down a couple of stairs on the landing and not able to be locked from the outside so not really able to keep toiletries in there (also not very clever for children). The final straw came when on the day of leaving I moved the bed in my flat to check that nothing was left down the side only to find cigarette ash and dog hairs on the skirting boards there (when neither of us smoke) so I can only presume that either the flat was not cleaned thoroughly or not cleaned at all. Finally the owner owned a dog of which on occasion was not locked in by the safety gate (which is unsafe with children about) and there was a constant smell of dogs around our flat even when spraying air freshener on a regular basis. Overall I must say that even though the flat was in a great location the overall standard was not great by any means.

Room Tip: Not sure about the other flats but I would not recommend flat 2 if you want privacy or Flat 7 if you...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Robert B

Travelers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

stoke on trent
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Both myself and my family have stayed at the Sarnia holiday flats numerous times, and wouldNt stay anywhere else in Blackpool.

It is a real home from home, close to the prom and other attractions.

Nothing is to much trouble for Maureen the Landlady/owner.

Room Tip: Book Early
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank richard s
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2011

SARNIA-
9th July 2011

If booking your holiday to Blackpool Avoid this place -SARNIA-HOLIDAY-FLATS-Rigby road,On entering the building front door has a big stupid letterbox Cage on the inside which The Door opens Half way it's hard to get your cases through, It also has a Strong Spring on which slams the door shut very hard.this must be a health and safety issue if there's a FIRE.The Room we booked is 3 stories up it's a struggle to get cases up because the stairs are very narrow.On the Bannister there are metal spikes sticking about a foot apart the children are alway catching there hands on them,I consider this very Dangerous this could cause an Accident.

When we entered the kitchen,there was a Strong Smell of Dogs
After our long journey we fancied a cuppa. we opened the cubbard to get cups out and they were filthy most of the plates were chipped never been washed and the cutterly or inspected by the people who run this place.The Couch in the room is tatterd an worn also broken in middle,the easy chair is knocked together by Floor Boards to keep Cussion in place. There is no smoke alarms. Another health and safety Issue

Most of the (GOOD PLACES) I've Been to In Blackpool,Provide you with Tea towels and washing up Liquid an Iron this place has none,
The cost to book was £250,per week
The Electric meter is ridiculous,it cost £5 every three days TotAl ,(Rip-Off)

Since we came here on the 9th July 2011 there have been two families move out on the 11th july 2011 complaining about the state of the flats one woman Left a Letter in the letterbox
On the back was wrote, " I'm never coming back ever again in my Life I'm Looking for somewhere else to stay"

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family