“home from home”
Review of Fairhaven Hotel

Ranked #147 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 25, 2012

me and my wife stayed for 3 nights at easter weekend and we found the hotel a high standard very friendly couple got on with them very well bedroom was very nice plenty room and very clean breakfast was excellent would go back again recomend it to any one enjoyed the whole weekend there

Room Tip: any room they are all good valve for money
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fairhaven Hotel

Reviewed January 23, 2012

he have just had a weekend in blakpool staying at the fairhaven. on arrival liz and john greeted all 15 of us with tea and coffee, which is a lovely personal touch. we had forgotten to tell them i am veggie but this was no problem at all for them and they cooked me the most amazing food every day. my breakfast was veggie friendly too. the rooms are clean and well kept. this hotel has a lovely homely and welcoming atmosphere. john and liz and all the staff are fantastic and do everything they can to make your stay the best they can. i will always go back to this lovely hotel when i am in blackpool.
the location is perfect too, in walking distance to everything.
a nice quite street too.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Just back from a nights stay at the Fairhaven with nine of my mates for a birthday bash . Cannot fault the Fairhaven for value and friendlyness . Liz and John are first class hosts with nothing too much trouble like arranging car parking and serving in the cosy bar . Tremendous value and great location , recommended for a break in Blackpool particularly if your on a footy trip like as as Blackpool FC just around the corner ....as is the Albert Pub where the drag karioke is unmissable !

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2011

There are three hotels in Blackpool called Fairhaven, this is definitely the Woodfield Road one.

Very clean, fairly recently renovated, comparatively large rooms by Blackpool standards. I was shown two rooms to decide which I preferred, and given tea and biscuits on arrival, both nice touches. Breakfast was unremarkable for vegetarians, but nothing wrong with it - none of the nasty corner-cutting you often see in Blackpool B&Bs. Free wi-fi too.

I was put here because Expedia had overbooked the place that I had reserved. Had I had to pay the difference, it's nearly double comparative B&Bs and I'm not sure this place is worth that premium, but it's still much cheaper than chain hotels and not far off that quality. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed at the Fairhaven Hotel for 4 nights at the end of August 2011.
We found that the owners Liz and John were extremely pleasant, friendly and helpful. The accommodation was spotless throughout. Our room was just lovely and perfect for us, as I went with my Mum and my 2 daughters. We had a room with 2 double beds and the girls had bunk-beds which added to their excitement. We had a spacious shower and plenty of Tea and Coffee and a flat screen TV.
The breakfast in the morning was delicious and we enjoyed drinks at the bar in the evening after long days out in Blackpool.
Next time we visit Blackpool we will without a doubt be staying here. I would definitely recommend a visit.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed at the fairhaven hotel for a long weekend with friends. The owners where very helpful and put us all in rooms near each other. The rooms where small but ok for our short visit as we didn't have much luggage. Our room had a nice on suite with cubical shower. Our friends rooms didn't have the same they both had a shower with curtain. Nice flat screen tvs placed so watching it in bed was easy. The bed was a bit soft for our liking but plenty comfortable for our short stay.
Breakfast was filling and service was quick. We very much liked thte extra toast.
The owners where very hospitable and gave us a good recommendation for dinner one night.
I would return again if visiting Blackpool for a short stay it was what I expected for the money and the owners where so nice.
Any longer than 3 nights and I would choose a bigger brand hotel

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The Fairhaven Hotel is fantastic! It is in good walking distance to all local amenities.
The breakfasts are fantastic, rooms are clean with comfortable beds!
The hosts are very welcoming and friendly. We were offered a cup of tea on arrival wich i think is a nice touch! We all enjoyed chilling out on a night time in the bar where our daughter loved to play pool and video games! We will recomend this hotel to all friends and family and will be visiting again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family