“Absolutly disgusting food and filthy”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Terry's Balti House - CLOSED

Terry's Balti House
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Balti, Eastern European
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Description: I've been here 3 times! http://www.yell.com/b/Terry%27s+Balti+House-Restaurants+_+Indian-Blackpool-FY11JP-1876145/index.html
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Absolutly disgusting food and filthy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Hi all.... thought i must warn you we have just come back from blackpool and it was my 40th birthday so my husband wanted to take me to an indian resturant to celebrate ..after walking in and us asking where we should sit the girl said anywhere so we sat a table with our 2 teenage children and waited about half hour seemingly before the waiter came over and asked what we would like so we all ordered and had to keep asking for a drink then the lady said in a bit which was about 15 mins to get a drink to the table and hardly anyone was in there ..the waiter asked if we woul like poppadoms and sauces which were about £2 each a disgrace and the sauces/dips were just onions and another sauce...then when the food arrived ages after it was like a frozen 99p balti and massala my husband couldnt eat it also we ordered pilau rice which tasted like perfume absolutly disgusting we couldnt wait for the bill and get out then to find the cost was £65 i wouldnt have paid £6 please dont go and waste your money the place is filthy needs closing down ...we are sorry to leave this bad review and never do but thought this is a definate must for everyone to know before wasting their hard earned money ...the slaters sep 2012

• Visited September 2012

Louth, United Kingdom
“Good Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

superb food, & service, I asked the waiter for a paratha which was not on the menu., I was not dissapointed. The chef was only too willing to make me one with additional Keema inside yum yum Generous sized portions too!!

Visited August 2012
Dundee
“Best curry in years.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Been here before some years ago and was excellent. Returned hoping for the best and it was even better. Superb food and excellent service, although a little late opening.

Visited July 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The kind of place you visit only after a good drink...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

No reply to the email reservation request made through their own website.

Ate here using a Tastecard deal. The draught Cobra had run out before we arrived...one of the reasons I picked the place..this was at 7pm..not a great start. Poppadoms not quite fresh but edible none the less. The main was reasonable. Dessert was a selection of frozen ready ice-creams, no gulab jamun...wouldn't return really, nothing to make this place worthy. I would suggest the Al Amir on the Talbot road instead:

http://www.al-amir.co.uk/ .. a better choice.

Visited July 2012
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Food good - service could be better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Food was excellent (well apart from a couple of dodgy stale poppadums!)

Service however was not as good! like other reviewers, the restaurant was fairly empty but we had to wait ages to get our order taken (which could only be taken by Terry!) and again an absolute age (and asking 4 times!) to get our bill (which could only be given by Terry!!) - I think if Terry released the reins a little and trusted his staff with some basic responsibilities like taking orders and money the service would be vastly improved!!

• Visited May 2012