“A Gem on the North Shore”
Review of Waves Hotel

Waves Hotel
Ranked #22 of 857 Blackpool B&B and Inns
San Francisco
“A Gem on the North Shore”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have just returned from our 4th stay with John and Dean ( and Harvey !!) at this fantastic hotel on the North Shore. The hotel simply could not be faulted in any way, spotlessly clean, lovely comfy bed, breakfast to die for which really sets you up for the day, super location overlooking Gynn Square with tram and bus stops at the end of the road.
John and Dean are the perfect hosts, nothing is too much trouble for them and they always go the 'extra mile' to make your stay a memorable one, as far as we are concerned - Blackpool wouldn't be Blackpool without the Waves Hotel !!!!
Can't wait for our next visit !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is a lovely hotel, the room was clean and the breakfast was excellent!
John and Dean were great hosts including Harvey the chocolate lab!
My kids loved it we stayed for one night, and cannot wait to come back !!
Situated in a quiet square near lovely parks

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Oundle
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed at Waves for two nights whilst on a business trip to Blackpool. I chose this hotel because it was just 1 mile from where I was working, had excellent reviews and was very well priced. It lived up to all of the reviews. A lovely warm welcome and had I been staying there on holiday John had plenty of recommendations for what to do. Clearly knows the area well. My room was at the back of hotel, a small room with a double bed (very comfy), wardrobe, tea & coffee and a private shower room. The shower was excellent, plenty of hot water and a good level of power. Toiletries provided too which was a lovely touch and unexpected. All very clean. It was very quiet too so I slept well. The only thing that bothered me was a small light flashing on the smoke alarm (I'm sensitive to the smallest of lights, even a TV light) however, I take an eye mask with me so not a problem. I didn't have cooked breakfast as I tend to eat just cereals and toast however, I just know that the breakfast would have been great. It so good to be able to find good quality independently owned hotels at excellent prices, rather than having to use one of the expensive chains of hotels. Support local business and stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My partner and I stayed here whilst house hunting in Blackpool.

You know this is going to be a lot nicer than most hotels as soon as you see it. A clean bright modern fresh exterior that invites you in

I'm a notoriously bad sleeper but the beds were really comfy and I slept well.

For those on holiday, the hotel couldn't be much nearer the beach yet just tucked into quiet side street away from the hustle and bustle and with loads of free parking

Recommended

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed September 6, 2013

At last we have found the best hotel in blackpool We would highly recommend waves hotel to friends n family or anybody looking for a nice clean and quiet place to stay we where made welcome from the minute we went through the door and John and dean where so friendly they do a very good job and made us feel at home during our stay our flat was spotless and our breakfast was amazing we could not have asked for a better place to stay we won't be going to any other hotel in Blackpool apart from waves hope to see yous soon guys and thanks for a great holiday John and dean. And of course big Harvey he's so adorable Angie n andy x

• Stayed September 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Everybody says its a home from home and this is true from start to finish,from the fab welcome to the sad and reluctant goodbyes . An absolute gem of a place and I challenge anyone to find better hosts than John and Dean and of course the gorgeous Harvey....a real hit with my two boy's! Thank you so much guys...hope to see you soon...Sarah,Clare,Finlay and Niall.

• Stayed August 2013
Barnetby le Wold, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Think the headline says it all! It really is "home from home" & if I was to give it a score it would be 100 out of 10! From the moment my six year old daughter & I stepped into waves it became home for the week. From the welcome you get to the room you have is better than a five star hotel! John is a master at making you feel welcome, a fountain of all knowledge when it comes to Blackpool & the best places to go, deals to be had, friendly advice. Dean is a master in the kitchen - fantastic breakfast from Dean every morning - cooked to perfection! Then there is Harvey (the dog) a true gentleman! Great with my daughter & as friendly a dog I have met in many years; he too is fantastic. I have been lucky enough to travel to some wonderful & beautiful places in the world and I know that the american`s pride themselves on customer service...and making people feel welcome - not knocking the american`s in the slightest, just a bit of advice...come & see how John & Dean do it!!
So to sum up, fantastic, fantastic, fantastic....so much so that I have booked to go back in three weeks time for a short break with my daughter!

Room Tip: No tip here - if our room was anything to go by, every room will be fantastic!!