The Manhattan
$93
Travelocity
$105
  • Breakfast included
All reviewskevin ianblackpool rockb bthanks guysdiscount cardgreat hostsfantastic stayhome from homebirthday weekendnothing is too much troublebreakfast was amazingon arrivalwouldn't stay anywhere elsesee you next yearchoice of cerealsfeel welcometown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Idea location, 5 minute walk to bars and restaurants. Nice facilities and room, felt welcome from as soon as we arrived.

Food was nice, surroundings were nicely decorated and the owners were friendly.

Would recommend this B&B and I am likely to stay again in the summer.

• Stayed: April 2013
6  Thank Anthony E
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Just spent a great weekend at The Manhattan B&B with my mum. It did more than it said on the tin. Never stayd before. The rooms were beautiful. 2 x 3/4 double sized beds. En suite toilet n shower. The owners Kevin & Ian had left us easter eggs to get the weekend started and some blackpool rock in case we forgot to take some home. The dining area is light and fresh and a morning breakfast is served that would satisfy the hungriest traveller. Even told us of a few great places for entertainment. Cannot recommend this place highly enough. Kevin and Ian made us feel like one of the family

• Stayed: March 2013
6  Thank geob01
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have just returned from a 3 day Easter Break at the fabulous Manhattan. Although Blackpool was a bit chilly, it was as colourful as ever. A very warm welcome awaits you from Ian and Kevin at the Manhattan. You will receive a very high standard of accommodation and service from the moment you enter the hotel which is warm and tastefully decorated throughout.

Our en-suite room was spotlessly clean and tastefully furnished. Tea, coffee facilities, TV and an added Easter touch of Easter Eggs, many thanks.

The breakfast is superb, hot, plentiful and freshly cooked. Probably on one the best we've have in all the places we've stayed.

We were provided with information and directions to the local venues and are looking to return for another weekend in June, which will be book very shortly.

The Manhattan is definitely worth a visit, great location and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Scotsman2110
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a 3 night stay at The Manahattan over Easter.

From the moment Kevin met us at the door with a warm greeting, we knew this was somewhere special.

The check in was friendly and efficient and we were immediately given vouchers for attractions we were interested in doing. Kevin also recommended a wonderful Chinese restaurant to eat in (that will be my next review)...

Our room was modern, spacious, light and with wonderful decor - the canvasses on the walls a lovely touch. The bed was comfy, everything was spotlessly clean and we had a good array of tea and coffee making facilites and my personal fave - galaxy hot chocolate!

Waiting for us in the room were Easter eggs and a card from our gracious hosts! We have stayed in many hotels and B+B's and never came across such a kind gesture - thank you boys...

Each night of our stay we had a drink in the well stocked bar. Great to see Guinness available and my partner indulged in his favourite Bulmers. Kevin and Ian really do care about their guests and it was lovely just to sit at the bar chatting to them. It really was home from home.

Onto the morning and breakfast - and what a breakfast it is. Everything is fresh and cooked to order. Better still wherever possible Kevin grills the food so it's a healthier alternative too. I particularly recommend the scrambled eggs (my partner and I agreed they were the best we've tasted). Another nice little touch is the baked beans come in their own separate dish - perfect for people like me who do not like their beans spilling everywhere! This wonderful breakfast is complimented by Ian's warm and attentive service.

Also worth a mention are the beautiful painted canvasses in the dining area. They really do lift the room and are painted by Ian himself. You can also purchase a number of these wonderful pieces too.

Of all of our many stays in Blackppol this was certainly the coldest on the weather front... But with the warmth and care Kevin and Ian bestow upon their guests, we barely even noticed.

I could go on writing high praise for "The Manhattan" but instead all I will say is book for yourself and find out just how special this place is.

We've already booked to return there in June and it cannot come soon enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a forward facing room - from our room we could see the tower.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank mancspride
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The recently refurbished en suite room brings a further touch of sophistication to an already immaculately furnished Manhattan. I have been at the Manhattan 10 times since its inception nearly 3 years ago in June and am constantly reminded of the effort put in by Kev and his partner Ian to maintain and improve the facilities. No more superlatives other than the BEST.Back in the next few weeks for my 11th and certainly not last visit. Ta,lads for your kindness and hospitality over the years I've stayed with you.

Room Tip: Try the new ensuite room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends