“LOVELY”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This restaurant was an excellent choice.

The food was full of flavour, a good sized portion and well priced.

The staff were welcoming and friendly throughout.

We went on a Friday night, quite early at 7pm and I'm glad we had made the reservation as obviously this is a popular place with locals and tourists alike.

Thank you for such a great meal.

1  Thank Hazel J
There are newer reviews for The Akash

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Went in as a result of reviews here - would have walked past otherwise. Decor wise, very dated, but who cares - wasn't there for interior design ideas! The food was excellent - unfortunately I wasn't feeling that well so barely touched it but I could still tell it was top notch and reasonably priced. The owner sammi, was friendly and chatty. Definitely go back when hungrier!

1  Thank Ali P
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My hubby Chris, daughter Claire, son Craig, & myself (Marilyn) went to the Akash on Feb 4 the to celebrate my birthday, & were pleasantly surprised to see the place's decor had been updated, looking clean, bright & modern. As usual the service was excellent, as was the food, which was tasty & great value, with more than enough to eat. My birthday treat from Hassan (Sammy), the owner/manager, whom we've known for 23 years which is the length of time we've been dining out at the Akash, was a Kulfi ice cream, & an alcoholic drink of my choice, on the house, which was a nice touch.
When reading the derogatory reviews on Trip Advisor, I couldn't help feel that some people must be extremely hard to please, as we can't find fault with anything!! Thanks Sammy for brilliant treatment yet again.

1  Thank mazmiller
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Me an my family moved from America over a year ago indian food taste better in england I have tried 4 to 5 in blackpool but I find the akash has outstanding food and service so I recommend anyine tht visits Blackpool to try this restaurant.

1  Thank Damon1987
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Me and my girlfriend came to Blackpool for a holiday. We found Akash from TripAdvisor. We ordered two dishes, one vegetable and one lamb dish.Both were very tasty. We also had one round drinks. The bill came less than 20 pounds. Service was also very friendly.
We recommend everyone visiting Blackpool to try Akash.