“Tasty food, good value but could do with a makeover!”
Review of The Akash

The Akash
Ranked #25 of 765 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived at around 6.30pm on a Saturday there was hardly anyone eating in there which I never think is a great sign!

We were given a table on top of a radiator and I politely asked to move as it was too warm.

The waiting on staff were polite and once we ordered we didn't have to wait long and the poppadoms and dips arrived. Once we had finished these, we then didn't have long to wait for the mains.

We ordered lamb rogan josh and chicken korma and both meals were tasty. I had vegetable rice which I enjoyed.

The price of the food is good but the only real letdown is that the decor is a bit shabby and the place needs freshening up.

Would recommend for anyone wanting a cheap but decent quality curry.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

well cooked and tasty food, excellent service, reasonable prices although the restaurant could do with a make over as pretty dated.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Me and my partner went on a Thursday night. We were the only ones in the restaurant up until leaving. We were greeted as soon as we went in and I must say the staff were all really nice from start to finish. The food was excellent and so tasty! And plenty of it. If I had to be picky I would say It really needs refurbishing!!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Been to many Indian restaurants in blackpool alaways avoided this on due to first inpressions, i can now say DONT let this put you off the food was amazing fresh hot and so tasty followed by a fist class service, A must if you appreciate good food at great prices.

1  Thank TCMorris
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

This Indian restaurant was recommended, are we glad we went! Absolutely gorgeous food, the flavours and taste of the food was excellent! Everything was freshly made and piping hot! The service was very good and very friendly! We will recommend to everyone and will be eating here again when we come back!