“Friendly, Clean, Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Stafford House Hotel
Ranked #360 of 912 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Friendly, Clean, Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed at The Stafford House in Blackpool last weekend with my wife and found it to be a very pleasant experience, the man and wife couple who run it Brian and Chris were very friendly and open from the moment we arrived, the room was small and ensuite, clean,with a facility to make tea.
At night I slept like a log, it is in a very quiet area, breakfast was at 09.00, Chris's breakfast was brilliant it set me up for the morning, I would whole heartedly recommend this establishment to anyone,only negative I can think of was .... I had to come home

Room Tip: Call Brian first and discuss your requirements, he's really helpful
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LiverpoolMike

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
northampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

we had a really long journey up to Blackpool, thanks to the M6, but when we arrived the welcome was lovely, Christine and Brian have a lovely way of making you feel part of them, nothing was to much trouble, the Stafford is in a really great location, a short distance to everything, i really liked the idea of en-suites in the rooms, this was a nice bonus, all in all we had a great stay at the Stafford and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank trotters100
West Midlands, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

We booked over the interent via Laterooms at the last minute and were impressed by the value for money. The couple who owned the guest house were really friendly and the breakfast was great! The room itself was very small and access to the bathroom was a bit of an ergonomic nightmare but this didn't matter too much as it was very clean. I would stay again if i was planning a trip to Blackpool for a couple of nights.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

christine & brian were very welcoming, rooms great, nice and clean, breakfast was great, excellent weekend had

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank miracle007
Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

My husband, a friend and I were visiting Blackpool for the first time and really did not know what to expect. On finding the hotel we realised that parking was going to be a little tricky but as the football ground was only a 5 minute walk away and had a pay and display car park (£10 per 24 hours) we decided to leave the car there.
We recieved a very warm welcome at the door and were shown our room which was a reasonable size with shower room. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean - something so many large hotels cannot get right.
Location was great for the pleasure beach and other attractions and the illuminations were impressive and very poplular!
We will be returnig to the Stafford house and Blackpool as two nights was not quite enough to really make the most of the hospitality!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skybluemoon
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

Where do I begin? Booked on line at Late Rooms. Three days before I arrived I received an email from Brian and Christina (The Owners) benquiring as to what my Estimated Time of Arrival was. Being in the travel industry myself, I thought that this was an excellent customer service touch as it made me and my 14 yr old son feel as though we were people and not just a commodity. I was told that even though I was arriving late morning, my room would be availablfor checking in right away. This was extremely helpful as it is quite a tiring trip from Scotland. I am aware that this may not always be the case in busy changeover periods but nice to get this chance. On arrival at the hotel, I also got this family "suite" (double room and twin bedded room) both with Digital TV (Handy on the wallet when it rains knowing the kids can watch CBBC). The room itself was spotless and both Brian and Chris had it all made up and cleaned every day to a standard higher than most 5 star hotels I have been involved in, in my line of work. Very ample wardrobe and drawer space. Fresh tea, biscuits and coffee supplied in both rooms every day. The toilet and shower were excellent and again, spotlessly clean. I really can't praise the standard of the accomodation so highly.
Breakfast served between 9am and 9.30am. not at the crack of dawn like some hotels. However, even this is covered because if you are going out early, I was offered an early breakfast if required. Lots of choices of cereals and fresh fruit along with the most beautiful British breakfast cooked by Chris and delivered with a smile every morning by Brian. My son James was not keen on beans so he got extra sausages and bacon instead. Tomatoes, button mushrooms, beans, varied each morning, also waffles, fried bread along with delicious sausage and bacon. Is your mouth watering yet? I can promise you this, Brian and Chrissie showed the same friendliness and courtesy to all their guests during my 5 day stay and a friendlier couple you could not meet. The guests lounge bar so some late very socilable drinking going on, well you have to be sociable and the bar was well stocked and no "outsiders" coming in to spoil the friendly ambience for the Stafford House guests. Pool tabel, fruit machine and bandit in the bar area complimented some really pleasant evenings. With the prom less than 50 yards away, and the hotel almost half way between Central and South Pier, I recommend this hotel to anyone, be they experienced Blackpool visitors or coming for the first time. I will be back later this year and many times in the future, and I know where I will be trying to book. Wonderful couple running and excellent hotel. Check it out, I'm sure like me, you will have an excellent time and will be made very welcome. Thanks Brian and Chris, James and I WILL be back very soon.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Robitaca
warrington, cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2009

Nice to feel welcome with two young children. We had a double room to ourselves and an adjacent joining room with twin beds for the children. What a difference it made to have a bit of privacy instead of being stuck in a cramped family room. This room would be great for older children aswell. There is a couple of tweeks that could be made...offer beans or tomatoes, black pudding for breakfast with the full english (not a full english without these). This is not a complaint at all!! because it was delicious and you were offered more! I'm not being picky now as I think this was overlooked but the draws in the room could have been wiped out and there was a used bar of soap left in the shower. But the rest of the rooms were spotless.
IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN...BOOK THIS HOTEL..YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!! GREAT LOCATION..NEAR SOUTH STATION..NEAR EVERYTHING YOU NEED.!! THANKYOU

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family