“Great place for a weekend away”

The Clarendon Showtel
Ranked #57 of 69 Hotels in Blackpool
Witney, United Kingdom
“Great place for a weekend away”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just got back from 2 nights at the Winterbourne Hotel. We picked the hotel via Late Rooms purely on price, the availability of smoking rooms and off road parking, (I was borrowing my husband's car for the trip and had to park his baby off the street!) We booked three single rooms, one of which turned out to be a small double (bonus)!
We had a really great time here. Karen was welcoming and efficient, the rooms were clean and comfortable. Any problems were dealt with straight away, I had no light in my bathroom, I informed Karen and when we got back from a walk a couple of hours later, sorted, no fuss.
We only ate breakfast but it was really good, I work in a cafe and found the meal great quality and sufficient quantitiy, especially at £25 per night with breakfast included.
Overall, for what we wanted which was basically somewhere to sleep while spending most of the time out and about, the place was brilliant, the show on Saturday night, whilst not really our cup of tea, was really entertaining and good quality and we ended up thoroughly enjoying ourselves.
~I have stayed at several other places in Blackpool and this is the first time I've come away saying "we'll go back there next time". Great value, and wonderful people with high standards, what more can I say.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Dragonlady1965

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We decided to book a 2 night stay after watching the programme 4 in a bed which the hotel was featuring on. We fully understood that the rooms were described as small but clean so weren't expecting the ritz but all that said I don't think we really appreciated what small meant until we arrived. The room was clean, if a little dated, but unfortunatley the shower was horrendous. There was a step down into it which then gave you a square box with shower head attachment that was fixed so attempting to get washed was a bit like a contortionists warm up routine. The bed was comfy, food ok, and entertainment top class, however the manageress's attitude for me was unpleasant. Whatever we requested was denied and not in a courteous way may I add. If it had not have been for one of the 2 men owners I would have had to forego my evening meal as my little one had fallen asleep in the room. When I asked if I could eat my meal after the rest of my party so that someone could take over watching my little one, I was told quite tersly this was not possible. When my mother explained what had been said to one of the guy's, they immediatly overuled the uncourteous mangeress and served me my meal a little later. I ended up cutting my 2 night stay down to one as I could no longer bear the manageresses poor attitude to service level. My advice to anyone interested in this hotel is go and see the show ( fantastic ) but find another b & b. If the boy's got rid of the current management the place would run a whole lot better!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
11 Thank helen t
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have just arrived home from a three night stay , the entertainment was great we'll done everyone . The room was small but did the job . Breakfast was good and filling . All the staff were pleasant and helpfull . Thank all .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lucydog41
Aberdeen
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The winterbourne was absolutely fabulous. We stayed for three nights. It was fantastic prices and it lived up to its reputation on Four In a Bed. The showbar was great. Watch out, the owners are gay and they look at you very strangely, but a wonderful place to stay. We think you should you definitely stay if you are considering it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ben M
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was the worse hotel we have ever stayed in. We asked for our money back and were short changed. Everything about this hotel was dirty scruffy and dated. We booked to stay because they had won Four in a bed on TV however we were extremely disappointed. Our advice is to go somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
13 Thank Joan A
jamesreay, General Manager at The Clarendon Showtel, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
We are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your break !
i have to say you were not short changed at all as we refunded everything except the one night stay which you had with breakfast and the entertainment from that night
We are sorry that your television freeview did not have all the channels ,only the bbc ones were working on that weekend (this has now been corrected infact it was done on that day you left )
but you were advised on arrival that was a problem and you did say that was ok ?
Its a shame you never said any of this to us yourself as you told me (james reay) that you had to cut your stay short as a family member had had a stoke
I do hope he was ok
may thanks for your review
james
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We have recently stayed at this B&B for the Valentines weekend after seeing the establishment crowned the winners of the TV show 'Four in a bed'.
On TV the B&B came over as wonderful value for money and a lot of fun and to the managements credit it did not disappoint.
Our onsuite room was not the biggest, however it was clean and served its purpose.
The breakfast was as it should be, substantial, hot, tasty and served with a smile.
On the TV show it showed that the B&B had entertainment, but the show did not do it justice. I come from an entertainment background so can be very criticle when it comes to 'in house shows', however the 3 shows that we saw were of excellent quality and most importantly variety.
James in one very talented chap and along with Simon and Karen stage the shows, costumes sound and lights.
The aforementioned people are indeed the owners of the Winterbourne and made us feel very welcome and we will most defiantly return, in fact we have already booked again for this year!
Thank you Winterboure we look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed February 2013
10 Thank TheCfamily007
Thank you for your review !! all i can say is wow
it is so nice to have people like yourselfs staying with us and who come to us with their eyes wide open and full of fun !!!
can't wait to see you all again very soooooon :)
thank you from all the staff and management
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

we have just returned from the winterbourne today after staying for the weekend for my birthday,we had a warm welcome as soon as we arrived ( thanks karen ).we had our first taste of cabaret in which my husband and i was in fits of laughter through the whole show LOVED IT (thanks james and simon ) and karen ,queen was wicked. our room was good ,not huge but had all we needed and was clean and tidy and the bed ,you just sank into utter comfort we found it difficult to get out of it in the mornings but we didnt want to miss karens breakfast.i would advise anybody who wants a place to stay that is not expensive and very friendly and welcoming please try the winterbourne.if like us you will want to return again and again. i am going to be recommending this hotel to every single person i speak to.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple