“pleasent enough”
Review of Carlis Hotel

Carlis Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Carlis Hotel
Ranked #731 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Motherwell, United Kingdom
“pleasent enough”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

For £25 a night this hotel is fine. we were told me & my friend would be sharing a twin room but on arrival Beryl said she moved us to a double, not a problem as far as i was concerned. Room was clean. Only minor issue was the bathroom was a tad small. The bar was fine. We had a drink in it before we headed out for the night. Although we were told that the bar was open til the very early hours of the morning so i was a wee bit disappointed when i arrived back at 5am it was shut haha! lucky i managed to wake my pal up to come down and let me in the door or i was staying out in the rain!! I didnt eat the breakfast cos after only 3 hours sleep i was still half drunk but the dining area and the breakfast looked fine. You get what u pay for. I was happy enough with it. stayed from July 27-July 28

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Louise S

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is an amazing place to stay.. it might not have tv and wifi but what is it you want for that price? People need to stop moaning about it, they keep the bar open till half 6 and the people are so friendly and the lady who owned it is lovely and I will be going to stay again next year cant fault it at all had a brill time!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank jessicamccurrie
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is typical of many many Blackpool hotels which ive stayed in over the years of going there. They are old, some more worn that others, but for our needs this hotel was fine. The bar stayed open till morning, the breakfast was lovely, our bedding was clean, the shower worked, friendly owners...what else do you need for a 1 night stay, its in an excellent location for all the bars and even has its own all year round illuminations on the street, so easy to find when you've had a few. Some people want the world, your not going to get it for £25 a night B and B, The neighbouring hotels are full of noisy partys also so if your looking for peace n quiet dont stay on Charnley Rd, if your looking for a great night out loud and funny then go there, dont expect to get much sleep, we had a ball :)

Room Tip: try and book the lower floors otherwise theres lots and lots and lots and lots of stairs LOL :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrea B
Accrington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel for a Hen Party (22 of us). (April 2013) The bedrooms were tacky, bed linen filthy and the ensuite bathroom, if you could call it that, was dirty - infact we never bothered getting showered! I know this Hotel caters for Hen and Stag do's but paying £30.00 per head for bed and breakfast I expected better. Infact Hotel had a couple of power cuts and the landlady had to cook our breakfast in the kitchen with "tealights" for lighting. There were no Emergency Lighting on the corridors so was very dangerous walking down the flight of stairs with baggage etc has you could not see where you were going. We all felt we were in a "Shameless Episode"!! This hotel has serious health and safety issues and I have already emailed Blackpool Borough Council, so has many others from our group, to inform them of this. Hope this is information is useful to others. Keep well away!!

Room Tip: Don't bother has there was no decent room!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 691MichelleB691

Travelers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Dingy, dirty socks on the stairs, hole in the bed sheet, dirty, smelly room, filthy windows, no lights during the night, very noisy, out of date breakfast cereal. Slept on top of the bed with the hood up on my dressing gown! In the morning the landlady said that often the upstairs lights fuse or the downstairs light fuse so this is a common occurrence. I am really surprised this hotel is allowed to stay open.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2013

On arrival was greeted with a gross smell of wet dog, greasy fry up and stale cigarettes. When Beryl was handing over keys for 23 ladies in the dirty grubby kitchen where she kept the Dog!! She told me she had re-arranged the rooms requested with Steve at Awesome Bookings as "it was her hotel" nice attitude?!? I was in the room for 6 where 2 of the pillows smelt like aftershave and there was pubic hairs in one of the beds, when asked to change the bedding she said the beds had been changed and that the cleaner sprayed the rooms with aftershave!!! The windows were filthy as though NEVER seen a window cleaner! The lights in our bathroom did not work! Although we were lucky to have electric as others couldnt even have a shower and when all the electric went off Beryl stated this was as someone had turned a light on!!! Was fun carrying our bags down pitch black stairs (especially my pregnant sister!! Drinks in the bar were out of date! Did not experience breakfast due to seeing kitchen when got keys. Our room was on the first floor so the music blasting from the bar til 5am was great!?!? Only had 1 key between6 of us so was told to leave key at bar! Did not trust them so when some girls got locked out of room they were given a master key to unlock their room (the staff didnt even make sure they belonged at the hotel or even go with them) so as there was a stag party in thd hotel who had sprayed rooms and each other with the fire extinguisher earlier on in thr day we were peyrified of someone coming into our room so jammed our door with our bags. Was sooooooo happy to get out of the hotel as was dirty, unhygenic, noisy and foul...couldnt wait to have a shower at my clean home. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL IF YOU VALUE YOUR HEALTH AND HYGEINE!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank missduffy1
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed there two nights ago for a friends birthday weekend and all I can say is that I'm still trying to wash the smell off me! The rooms are minging! The top bunk of the bed I slept in was dirty smelling with old tired sheets and bedding. There was also a kebab plattered on the hall stairs for about 9 hours until it was cleaned up. The room for the 3 of us cost £75!!!! Which I found shocking, I wouldn't have paid but my friends arrived earlier than me and had already handed over the money.

I will say that this is a place for a lads weekend but not for girls. There's no room to get ready and the bathroom is tiny. Beryl the owner is lovely and really helpful, I heard that the breakfasts were good also but couldn't bring myself to eat arond the stench of the place.

The bar is handy an I enjoyed the jukebox and pool table. But I can't lie, the place did put a dampener on the weekend. Stay away if you value personal and domestic hygiene.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends