“Excellent food and service!!”
Review of Cascades Restaurant - CLOSED

Cascades Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Ate here on 2nd Nov 2013 with family and young grandson. We chose the 17.50 2 course meal, which was faultless, the mains included 2 ribeye steaks, chicken and steak and kidney pie, little lad had proper chicken breast nuggets all served with veg and lovely homemade chips. Steaks were cooked to perfection as were all the meals! Puds were delicious, I had the cheese board, the best I've ever had Infact it was so large with its spledid selection of different cheeses, apple, chutney grapes and biscuits I had to share it with hubby and grandson. The restaurant was extremely busy with 2 large parties our party of five and a couple but this did not deter from the excellent service from Greg and another young lady, Mark was kept busy fetching drinks from the cocktail bar, nothing is too much for these guys. Compliments to the chef it ended a lovely stay for us at the Vidella.

1  Thank Chris P

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Called in mid-afternoon for coffee and sandwiches. Quick service and tasty sandwich filling. Bit expensive but tasty sandwiches.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I dont like leaving bad reviews for anywhere but I was really disapointed with our trip to Cascades. Atmosphere is poor, it is not somewhere you would think to walk in off the street had I not read about it on trip advisor. And the worst part is the food - It is honestly the worst steak and chips I've had in my life. What is going on with that 'chip tower' I do not know but niether I nor my boyfriend found it eatable.

1  Thank louj999
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Would definitely recommend eating here. Even if you aren't staying at the hotel, this restaurant is well worth a visit. The food is superb and worth every penny. We had three courses for £19.50 and cannot praise the quality highly enough. Greg was funny and attentive without being intrusive. Not a massive menu but I prefer that. Would sooner have a few exceptional dishes to choose from than a menu full of mediocrity. Will visit this restaurant again if in Blackpool and would have no hesitation advising friends to eat here too.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We decided to visit the restaurant after reading the reviews in Trip Advisor. We booked for an 8pm meal and were the only customers for some time, the place was well appointed and the staff Greg and Robyn were great and made us feel welcome.
The menu was not very extensive but we were happy with our choices, the food was very well presented and was very tasty. Again the wine list was limited but our Rioja was superb and a reasonable price.
All in all, I think that it was good value for money, but the atmosphere was lacking. We will probably return, after we have tried a few more places