The Cameo
$59
$53
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Oak Lea Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
$41
$105
Kings Hotel(Blackpool)
$72
$66
All reviewsa couple of minutes walkvery nice hotelbed and breakfasta great place to staytown centredouble bedstay there againjanettowershowerweekendguesthousehairdryerlandladysleeppromfab
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Our first visit. A warm welcome, and a very clean, warm and tidy room. Breakfasts, and an evening meal, all vegetarian at our request, were simply excellent. Very well thought out, well researched items, and all nicely presented (really fluffy boiled rice with the curry). Locally sourced ingredients whenever possible.

Care taken to ensure everything was suitable for our stay, and every effort made to ensure things were always done to a high standard. Strongly recommended.

Mike and Maria

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
The_Cameo, Owner at The Cameo, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed your meal. I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

My family and I visited Blackpool again for the half term break this year. As vegans I expected my normal experience of lots of fun but combined with not being able to get any decent food. This time though we stayed at the Cameo. Now the Cameo has everything you would want from a guesthouse. Its clean, tidy and the owners (janet and Phil) are friendly and approachable. The difference for me was how Janet and Phil went out of their way to provide good quality, healthy and tasty food for my children and me. Vegan cooked breakfasts and lovely home made vegan evening meals just transformed our holiday experience. Thank you so much and see you again next year when we'll be back for more of the same!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Dean A
The_Cameo, Owner at The Cameo, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2011

Thank you for your kind words. We will look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Had our bi-annual stay again at the end of September and, as usual, both Phil & Janet were their usual helpful friendly selves.
The standards of food & cleanlyness are still very high & im surprised it only gets 3 Stars, much nearer 5 stars than 3.
I couldn't recommend this establishment more highly. A MUST stay location for any couple or family.

Room Tip: All rooms are upto a very high standard
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
The_Cameo, Owner at The Cameo, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

Many thanks for your kind words. We will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2011

Stayed 5 nights, and haven't a bad word to say about the whole stay!

Breakfast was plentiful, with lots of options to cater to your own desires, an evening meal can also be had (which I was told by other residents were good as well). Both Janet, and Phil are very nice and friendly, and are more than helpful about trip advice, finding things out, or even just to make your stay the very best it can be.

My single room was large (4foot double bed!), modern, fresh, and well kept. Clean, comfortable, and well stocked, which is all you really want when you're away from home.

I can't really say anything more positive about The Cameo, except it's wholy recommended, from me, and from others here, as well as people who were staying at the same time as me.

It's not a promenade hotel/B&B but honestly, it's a very small loss if you were specifically wanting that. It's well placed for buses, especially Nat Express, taxis, the actual promenade is a very small walk away, and close to food and supermarkets. Ideal for everything!

Thanks for a great stay, and I'd like to come back sometime to repeat it!

Room Tip: Pick number two, cus that's where the cool people stay! (no view, but it's a decent bed and shower. First floor as well. No problem at all with sound there.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
The_Cameo, Owner at The Cameo, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2011

Many thanks, Rebecca. Your very kind comments are much appreciated.

Reviewed September 17, 2011

This is a great B&B. The rooms are spotless and comfortable. Phil and Janet are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is great. I couldn't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: Front rooms are nice. Bay window, and it doesn't get noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family