The Claire Michelle
Melville Hotel(Blackpool)
  • Beachfront
Balmoral Hotel(Blackpool)
  • Beachfront
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Very warm welcome, friendly couple. In a good central location close to the seafront, shops and some decent cheap parking.The bed was perfectly comfortable. However, there were a few things that could improve the room we stayed in.

There was only the one big light in the room and no bedside lamps. There were no chairs or a table so had to carry the kettle accross the room to the plug socket and boil it up on the floor.

The bathroom was not very clean. The shower was quite grubby and unclean. There was no towel rail or anywhere at all to put wet towels and the sliding bathroom door was quite rickety and the first time I used the bathroom my boyfriend actually had to come and free me as I couldn't open the door from the inside!

For one night it was ok but I think if I was staying any longer I would probably look for somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We booked this last minute for one nights stay, when we arrived Roger (the man who owned the hotel) greeted us with a smile, showed us our rooms which was lovely and clean. AS was the rest of the hotel. Great with children, Nothing to much trouble. would definatly use again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2011

The hotel is situated very near town and many activities like beach,tower and much more. Hotel is very clean and staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 21, 2011

great value for money, very friendly staff, right in the centre so the location is spot on. can not fault it!!

The gentlman that runs it kindly made me and my friends breakfast even though we only got out of bed at 11 when breakfast was only ment to be served between 9.30-10.00!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Clean room, great location, and very friendly staff, would defiantly stay again :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends